ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia boards saying Justin Fields told coaches he's transferring

Yeah, I have Encylopedia Britannica, too. Mine is the young children's edition from 1977. That's all I need. (Volume 8 is missing, but I never found it to be so useful.)

9a37b3f0b67134d730a4da5c256f51fd.jpg
Too bad - Volume 8 (I J K) is the best! BTW, as Art can tell you, that's where info on the number of games played by Justin Fields could have been found.)

Check this video out:

Really looks like we dodged a bullet with this guy. The more that Georgia fans are saying about him the more it seems the talent that the kid has does not equal the drama/sense of entitlement that is surrounding him. Smart was really trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with his skill set.

Needs a lot of developing before he can turn into what his ranking suggested he might be.
Sounds like when Parsons was a lock to tOSU.

Max Browne went from USC to Pitt and Pitted......
A player of Justin Fields' pedigree will never choose pitt. That would be like Lebron James saying he is fed up with the Lakers and has decided to play for the Chicago Bull's D League team. It will never happen.

Last edited:
The people saying that he might go to Ohio State haven't watched Tate Martell play football. I hate to say it, but that dude is a baller.

Mississippi St, Oklahoma or Florida are my guesses in that order... and Florida State stinks.

Reactions: dailybuck777
The people saying that he might go to Ohio State haven't watched Tate Martell play football. I hate to say it, but that dude is a baller.

Mississippi St, Oklahoma or Florida are my guesses in that order... and Florida State stinks.
Can't Georgia block a transfer to another SEC team ? That's why most are projecting Oklahoma or $OSU

Can't Georgia block a transfer to another SEC team ? That's why most are projecting Oklahoma or $OSU

You're right I suppose they can. I hadnt thought about that. The past two Heisman winners from Oklahoma were transfers.. must be something in the water :eek:.

That could be the move.

I don't know if Martell is better but Martell is definitely an obstacle for Justin if he goes there. I can't see him staying in the SEC. Remember Hunter Johnson went to Northwestern. Guys like this are going to transfer to someplace they know they'll play immediately. Or at least believe they will. If he doesn't care about distance he should be talking to Pac XII teams and might want to hit up WVU after Will Grier's success.

Haskins isn't going anywhere? Projected as a top 10 pick and most "experts" have him leaving.
He has been telling people he's staying. Who knows over time, but people I know who are close to the program are pretty comfortable right now.

Just heard ESPN discussing this. They seem to think a transfer is likely. Per new NCAA rules, he can not be blocked from going to the school he wants to play for. Another interesting thing they brought up...While rules are still in place to have most players sit out a year before playing for another D1 School, he could cite special circumstances. If you recall, there was a well publicized and documented racial incident early in the season when a Georgia baseball player made some racial remarks regarding Fields that got him promptly kicked out of school. The ESPN guys felt like if he wanted to play badly enough next year, he could use that incident to make it happen and that Georgia would not challenge it because it would be a very bad look for them.

Just heard ESPN discussing this. They seem to think a transfer is likely. Per new NCAA rules, he can not be blocked from going to the school he wants to play for. Another interesting thing they brought up...While rules are still in place to have most players sit out a year before playing for another D1 School, he could cite special circumstances. If you recall, there was a well publicized and documented racial incident early in the season when a Georgia baseball player made some racial remarks regarding Fields that got him promptly kicked out of school. The ESPN guys felt like if he wanted to play badly enough next year, he could use that incident to make it happen and that Georgia would not challenge it because it would be a very bad look for them.

Things will get very interesting if he tries to use that incident

More and more talk about Fields to $OSU and chatting with Haskins. His draw to those a-holes is Ryan Day's QB expertise and developing that position (and the under-table money). Not good for the rest of the BIG but I guess it just proves that the OSU bagmen are just as effective as the SEC's. One of the 2 or 3 most corrupt schools in the country.

You are either a world class level troll or the most tone deaf person I've ever encountered. Impressive either way

You're right I suppose they can. I hadnt thought about that. The past two Heisman winners from Oklahoma were transfers.. must be something in the water :eek:.

That could be the move.

Lincoln Riley would be the correct answer as to what’s going on there.

FSU may not have had a good year, but they are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. Taggart has the chance of making them really, really good.

I don't get why there would be any OSU chatter at this point. Close to being a friends brothers second cousin info but a friend who lives in Kennesaw Ga and has a son who played on the high school baseball team with Justin says that he thinks there is PSU interest again. But he may also looking at Miss State due to JoMo. Who knows but he dind't think he would have interest in OSU as he never did before either even with Urbs.

Sports radio in Dallas reporting O$U is likely spot if/when he transfers. Not sure their source.
On another board I participate on, the OSU posters, of which there are many, are saying he is a lock to go to OSU. But I didn’t even try to reason with them about why that might not be so true because they are just like some of the OSU posters here that just jump on anything perceived in the tiniest negative way regarding the Buckeye football team. Since these people tend not to be rational, it is not worth starting anything with them. Sure, there is a chance he may go to OSU, but I don’t think it’s a lock right now.

Correct me if I am wrong but no coaches or schools can even talk to him about coming to their school since he is under scholarship to UGA so how could he be a lock to go anywhere at this time.

Correct me if I am wrong but no coaches or schools can even talk to him about coming to their school since he is under scholarship to UGA so how could he be a lock to go anywhere at this time.

“I listen to rap music that says the N word repeatedly, but here in the Deep South, in the state where I grew up, a white boy called me that same word, so I need to be able to go somewhere that I can have a safe space and play football right away.”

Congrats we have a winner for the dumbest post on this thread. Damn I hate old white republicans! Go jerk off to Hannity.

“I listen to rap music that says the N word repeatedly, but here in the Deep South, in the state where I grew up, a white boy called me that same word, so I need to be able to go somewhere that I can have a safe space and play football right away.”

Congrats we have a winner for the dumbest post on this thread. Damn I hate old white republicans! Go jerk off to Hannity.

Ladies and gentlemen proof positive there are idiots at both ends of the spectrum.

On another board I participate on, the OSU posters, of which there are many, are saying he is a lock to go to OSU. But I didn’t even try to reason with them about why that might not be so true because they are just like some of the OSU posters here that just jump on anything perceived in the tiniest negative way regarding the Buckeye football team. Since these people tend not to be rational, it is not worth starting anything with them. Sure, there is a chance he may go to OSU, but I don’t think it’s a lock right now.
Would be kind of funny if he went to OSU and Haskins stayed so he sat another year....then he splits time with Tate the next two years.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

I should be able to use the n word because rappers use it. Ok, man whatever.

Sorry if some of you are too dense to get the TIC nature of my post. But this is the story that’s being pedaled by media. He went into a difficult QB situation, much like Trevor Lawrence did, and couldn’t overtake the returning starter, unlike Trevor Lawrence. The UGA coaches probably made him feel like he would get preference to start, and when it didn’t happen, he felt jilted.

I’ve heard a few of the talking heads say that he would claim a hardship exemption because of the incident with the baseball player. That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Unless there’s more to the story, no body that wants to be taken seriously would ever use that excuse.

Reactions: theXbomber
Sorry if some of you are too dense to get the TIC nature of my post. But this is the story that’s being pedaled by media. He went into a difficult QB situation, much like Trevor Lawrence did, and couldn’t overtake the returning starter, unlike Trevor Lawrence. The UGA coaches probably made him feel like he would get preference to start, and when it didn’t happen, he felt jilted.

I’ve heard a few of the talking heads say that he would claim a hardship exemption because of the incident with the baseball player. That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Unless there’s more to the story, no body that wants to be taken seriously would ever use that excuse.

I don't think the incident warrants a waiver from sitting out a year but I won't blame him for trying to use it. Guys use any excuse they can get. Might as well. It's his only shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT