ADVERTISEMENT

GoT, S7E6

Are we sure that wasn't Arya that dispatched Brienne to Kings Landing?

And where did the second ice spear land and who has it now?

Are we sure that wasn't Arya that dispatched Brienne to Kings Landing?

And where did the second ice spear land and who has it now?

She would have to kill Brienne to get her face - Arya wouldn't do that I think.

The whole spear thing was laughable. Not only does he hit a large, moving dragon from hundreds of yards away, he does so while an immobile, bigger, closer dragon sits nearby with anyone capable of stopping him sitting on its back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummmm- half the world knew they'd hook up and the Dragon would become a walker. But thanks.
Wrong... when I suggested it, everyone disputed this by pointing out that they were related. I guess since there wasn't any incest in this story line before, I don't blame them for their failure to believe.

Also, I wasn't taking credit for the walker dragon, just the Jon and Danny hookup.

I quit caring about the 'details' of certain things (how magic works, how people travel so fast, why Tyrion never killed Littlefinger for setting him up, etc.) a while ago. Just not worth getting worked up over when there are so many other things to enjoy (Sansa and Arya! Dragons! Dany and Jon! The Hound and Tormund!). I will say a lot of us have a certain 'slow burn' expectation with storytelling and that is why there is so much groaning, but you can't let perfect be the enemy of near-perfect; just enjoy. I thought there were two more episodes this year and when I saw the preview for next week and it said 'Finale' I was so bummed!! But, we get (hopefully) Cersei, Dany, Brienne, Jon, The Mountain, Jaime, Euron, and Davos (and Drogon no doubt somewhere nearby) for what should be one of the best character set-pieces in some time when they have their 'sit down' meeting next week. And the episode should clock in at over an hour and a half, so lots of time to take their time.

All that said, the BIGGEST time-killer in this whole show was how Martin had Dany meandering in Essos for six seasons. Once her dragons were big enough to do some damage, she should have set sail for Dragonstone. Then, in about Season 4, she could have had her proxy war with Cersei while Jon and everyone else was doing their thing. Dany needed the first two seasons to grow; after that, gloves off. Now her storyline is so fast paced you're kicking yourself for having to watch her deal with the complaints of commoners and slave owners in Yunkai. This is the biggest area IMO where the show-runners should have strayed from the books early on (second biggest was Bran's story - important, but wrap it up in a season or two).

I didn't read the books, but I think the last two are concurrent but geographically separate, which probably led to the slow burn for a few seasons.

I didn't read the books, but I think the last two are concurrent but geographically separate, which probably led to the slow burn for a few seasons.

Sometimes the slow burn works in ways I wouldn't expect. For example - once Arya escaped Harrenhaal with Jaqen, I was desperate for her to go with him to learn to become an assassin. When she didn't go, I was super bummed. But, her being picked up by the Brotherhood and ensuing adventures with The Hound were some of the best sequences in the entire show. When she got to Braavos and her training started, I was super excited. Then you learn that the Faceless Men are basically assassins for hire without any real moral compass or creed other than money. That ultimately ended up being very satisfying with her showdown with The Waif, but took a long time to get there.

She would have to kill Brienne to get her face - Arya wouldn't do that I think.

The whole spear thing was laughable. Not only does he hit a large, moving dragon from hundreds of yards away, he does so while an immobile, bigger, closer dragon sits nearby with anyone capable of stopping him sitting on its back.

I think you misread the prior post. It asked whether it really was Arya who dispatched Brienne which means Arya would have had to kill Sansa and taken her face in order to dispatch Brienne.

I think you misread the prior post. It asked whether it really was Arya who dispatched Brienne which means Arya would have had to kill Sansa and taken her face in order to dispatch Brienne.

Oh - if that's the case, I absolutely do not believe Arya would kill Sansa and then send Brienne to King's Landing. Arya, IMO, would kill literally any and everyone else before killing her sister.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
Question for @WPB_lion and others with more knowledge of the books - is it me, or does there seem to be ZERO information or lore about the Night's King outside of the few tales spun in the North. Hasn't he been around for centuries? Why hasn't he ever moved south before? Why all the sudden is there this rush to kill humans? I may have missed this. Outside of his origin story told by The Children, no one seems to know jack abou this guy or his army. Crastor seemed to know *something* - he did give all his sons to the Night's King (and they would be proper Wight's, right?).

Question for @WPB_lion and others with more knowledge of the books - is it me, or does there seem to be ZERO information or lore about the Night's King outside of the few tales spun in the North. Hasn't he been around for centuries? Why hasn't he ever moved south before? Why all the sudden is there this rush to kill humans? I may have missed this. Outside of his origin story told by The Children, no one seems to know jack abou this guy or his army. Crastor seemed to know *something* - he did give all his sons to the Night's King (and they would be proper Wight's, right?).

This link provides a pretty thorough explanation of what we know and what the book has provided thus far. If you scroll towards the bottom it provided what the books have said. I think the TV series is beyond what is provided in the books

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night_King

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
That could well be what Littlefinger intended, but my takeaway from that scene (i.e., the one where he reminded Sansa of Brienne's obligation to intervene should one Stark girl threaten the other) was that he was nudging Sansa to get Brienne out of the picture so that she would not be in the way if and when Sansa moved against Arya. Sansa's dispatching Brienne to Kings Landing certainly lends some support to that interpretation.
Interesting. Wonder how Sansa would accomplish that. Sansa knows Arya is a trained assassin or at least is a well trained fighter. Doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: lionroar88
Plot twist. Arya is Cybill.
I almost thought she was going to give that away and pull off Arya's mask and then kill Sansa. That would have been badass. She could spend the next episodes collecting faces of important players in Westeros. Of course, doesn't explain why she killed the Freys and was on the way to King's Landing to kill Cersei.

Last edited:
t3_6v3exq

Arya would die before serving the Lannisters. A girl has a bad memory.

just some random thoughts....

Remember that Arya, like so many others, owes a debt to Littlefinger. He didnt divulge her identity when she was in fact serving Tywin Lannister. He recognized her. In fact for all his conniving, making him the character we all love to hate....almost everyone is in his debt.

I am getting sick of Tyrion. He is pretty much worthless.
If he doesnt end up killing Cersei....

Arya is so far removed from everyone else’s experience. It is difficult to see her ever returning to any normal life.
She almost has to die at some point, perhaps upon completing her final kill, whether it is Cersei or the Night King or whomever.
In fact if Tyrion kills Cersei, it may be Arya in his face.
Are you sure she has to kill someone to assume their appearance?

The idea that Dany with her retinue would meet with Cersei at Kings Landing, under any circumstances, seems to be another of this years silly plot points. But I guess it is coming.
Will Dany divulge that she has lost a dragon?
Tyrion will probably spill that bean.

I wasnt surprised by Uncle Benjen’s saving appearance; that had to happen at some point.

With having been such a good team...where is the Hound going at the end of this episode; he made it sound like he was leaving the bunch ?

I like rooting for winners.
I think I am switching over to the Night King’s side.
Besides...Dany never gets naked any more.

I guess losing one of the dragons has evened the scales a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Evel
I took it as Sansa sending Brienne to King's Landing in case she has to move against Arya and have her killed. Brienne is only person that would do everything possible to prevent sisters from killing each other. Sansa can have Littlefinger or pretty much any northerner since she is The Lady of Winterfell kill Arya.

I hope this is a trap by Arya for Littlefinger because if not she not very smart.

Ummmm- half the world knew they'd hook up and the Dragon would become a walker. But thanks.

Wrong... when I suggested it, everyone disputed this by pointing out that they were related. I guess since there wasn't any incest in this story line before, I don't blame them for their failure to believe.

Also, I wasn't taking credit for the walker dragon, just the Jon and Danny hookup.

The scene with Dany and Jon was very telling... 'The dragons are my children as I can have no others. You do understand what that means?' Jon 'Yes'. They aren't talking about having wild, under the fire, sex. To me this is a 'mutual bond of Queen and King' where neither bends the knee and they rule in unison and neither's voice outweighs the other's. This is actually how things are in my wife's and my house. I think this is also leading up to the conversation Dany told Tyrion has to wait till she sits on The Throne. The 'love' between Dany and Jon is much deeper than many of us realize... respect, dignity, desire for that which you cannot have, love, passion, understanding - they have it all between them and would sacrifice everything for the other... very powerful.

It will be interesting to see Viseron's reaction when he sees Mommy again. Which will be more powerful a draw - the bond between the woman who gave him 'birth' or the dead man who raised him from the dead... is true life more powerful than walking dead? Maybe this is what is meant by 'Fire and Ice'? (Life and Death)

Well- there is more out there than this message board, so there is that.

No incest. Right.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Yeah we're supposed to hate Littlefinger, but really he didn't kill Ned, Ned killed Ned. He certainly didn't kill Caitlyn; her own stupidity and pig-headedness started the whole Lannister/Stark war and all of her family's misery (and misery for all the poor civilians of Westeros). Littlefinger is the only reason Sansa survived, the only reason John survived, plus he just gave Arya a great little dagger.

Meanwhile, we're supposed to like Tyrion. I'm getting sick of him too. How many times does have to tell Danys to avoid conflict and have it be the wrong advice? I don't mind the bad advice but I'm tired of screen time given over to Tyrion's sanctimonious speeches.

I agree about Arya too. I don't see much hope for her to be a human being at this point. She's an assassin and will assassinate someone important but she doesn't have any idea how to be a sister or a ruler and doesn't have the capability to learn. The Braavos training stomped all humanity out of her. She's like Bran, no longer really a human being, just an instrument. On the other hand, the prospect of someone who can impersonate a wight or one of the night princes and maybe get close to the Night King... that would be fun and it makes sense.

just some random thoughts....

Remember that Arya, like so many others, owes a debt to Littlefinger. He didnt divulge her identity when she was in fact serving Tywin Lannister. He recognized her. In fact for all his conniving, making him the character we all love to hate....almost everyone is in his debt.

I am getting sick of Tyrion. He is pretty much worthless.
If he doesnt end up killing Cersei....

Arya is so far removed from everyone else’s experience. It is difficult to see her ever returning to any normal life.
She almost has to die at some point, perhaps upon completing her final kill, whether it is Cersei or the Night King or whomever.
In fact if Tyrion kills Cersei, it may be Arya in his face.
Are you sure she has to kill someone to assume their appearance?

The idea that Dany with her retinue would meet with Cersei at Kings Landing, under any circumstances, seems to be another of this years silly plot points. But I guess it is coming.
Will Dany divulge that she has lost a dragon?
Tyrion will probably spill that bean.

I wasnt surprised by Uncle Benjen’s saving appearance; that had to happen at some point.

With having been such a good team...where is the Hound going at the end of this episode; he made it sound like he was leaving the bunch ?

I like rooting for winners.
I think I am switching over to the Night King’s side.
Besides...Dany never gets naked any more.

The scene with Dany and Jon was very telling... 'The dragons are my children as I can have no others. You do understand what that means?' Jon 'Yes'. They aren't talking about having wild, under the fire, sex. To me this is a 'mutual bond of Queen and King' where neither bends the knee and they rule in unison and neither's voice outweighs the other's. This is actually how things are in my wife's and my house. I think this is also leading up to the conversation Dany told Tyrion has to wait till she sits on The Throne. The 'love' between Dany and Jon is much deeper than many of us realize... respect, dignity, desire for that which you cannot have, love, passion, understanding - they have it all between them and would sacrifice everything for the other... very powerful.

It will be interesting to see Viseron's reaction when he sees Mommy again. Which will be more powerful a draw - the bond between the woman who gave him 'birth' or the dead man who raised him from the dead... is true life more powerful than walking dead? Maybe this is what is meant by 'Fire and Ice'? (Life and Death)

Does anyone else also watch the Walking Dead? I find myself getting confused in the heat of the moment during GOT about the "zombie rules" that apply to this show. When the hound got bit by the White, my initial reaction was that he was infected (a "zombie rule" in Walking Dead but not GOT).

In any event, I believe it has been made relatively clear in GOT that the whites are mindless creatures that have absolutely no connection to their prior life. It would be inconsistent with with everything we have seen to date if any of the whites (including the dragon who I assume is a white) all of the sudden start thinking independently from the Night King.

Yeah the Walking Dead zombies are all free agents. The wights in GOT are all remotely controlled by the blue ice dudes who raised them.

The GOT wights also can run really fast and are really good fighters. They don't just decompose and fall apart when you hit them with a stick as the WD zombies are wont to do. Rick's gang would not last long against them.

Does anyone else also watch the Walking Dead? I find myself getting confused in the heat of the moment during GOT about the "zombie rules" that apply to this show. When the hound got bit by the White, my initial reaction was that he was infected (a "zombie rule" in Walking Dead but not GOT).

In any event, I believe it has been made relatively clear in GOT that the whites are mindless creatures that have absolutely no connection to their prior life. It would be inconsistent with with everything we have seen to date if any of the whites (including the dragon who I assume is a white) all of the sudden start thinking independently from the Night King.

I guess losing one of the dragons has evened the scales a bit.[/QUOTE]

I hate repeating myself, but that was such a good line and only one person seemed to appreciate it, so I am forced to..

Btw....I would have sworn only the Seven walked out of the Wall ...where did all those guys who served as wight fodder come from?
I was really confused watching it as to who was being killed.

And .... if the Night King didnt control the bear...will he be able to control the dragon?

7 walked out of the wall in front at the end of the last episode. Others walked out behind dragging a sled.

Yeah we're supposed to hate Littlefinger, but really he didn't kill Ned, Ned killed Ned. He certainly didn't kill Caitlyn; her own stupidity and pig-headedness started the whole Lannister/Stark war and all of her family's misery (and misery for all the poor civilians of Westeros). Littlefinger is the only reason Sansa survived, the only reason John survived, plus he just gave Arya a great little dagger.

Meanwhile, we're supposed to like Tyrion. I'm getting sick of him too. How many times does have to tell Danys to avoid conflict and have it be the wrong advice? I don't mind the bad advice but I'm tired of screen time given over to Tyrion's sanctimonious speeches.

I agree about Arya too. I don't see much hope for her to be a human being at this point. She's an assassin and will assassinate someone important but she doesn't have any idea how to be a sister or a ruler and doesn't have the capability to learn. The Braavos training stomped all humanity out of her. She's like Bran, no longer really a human being, just an instrument. On the other hand, the prospect of someone who can impersonate a wight or one of the night princes and maybe get close to the Night King... that would be fun and it makes sense.

How did Ned kill Ned? He agreed to exile in exchange for the safety of his family (which is the deal Cersei made). Joffrey ignored the deal and had him killed. Ned was on the wrong side of Robert's Rebellion and was about as noble as you could get otherwise. He even urged Cersei to leave King's Landing so she wouldn't have to suffer Robert's wrath when the truth about her children came out.

I hate repeating myself, but that was such a good line and only one person seemed to appreciate it, so I am forced to..

Btw....I would have sworn only the Seven walked out of the Wall ...where did all those guys who served as wight fodder come from?
I was really confused watching it as to who was being killed.

And .... if the Night King didnt control the bear...will he be able to control the dragon?[/QUOTE]

I think there is a difference in the bear and the dragon but I do not know the terms. That head white walker raised a bunch of dead by simply raising his hands during the battle at Hardhome(?). In a previous episode he touched the baby and turned him into a white walker and not a wight. In this episode he actually touched the dragon so I think it is now a white walker dragon and not a wight dragon. Difference I noticed is all the wights and the bear have some blue in their eyes but the white walkers and now the dragon have completely blue eyes. Im not sure if there is a difference here or not but something I caught on to. I also think its the reason they pulled it from the water instead of him just raising his hands. The head WW had to touch him.

How did Ned kill Ned? He agreed to exile in exchange for the safety of his family (which is the deal Cersei made). Joffrey ignored the deal and had him killed. Ned was on the wrong side of Robert's Rebellion and was about as noble as you could get otherwise. He even urged Cersei to leave King's Landing so she wouldn't have to suffer Robert's wrath when the truth about her children came out.

Exactly. In the GOT world, the mortal sins are to be moral and decent and inflexible and a tad sanctimonious. I'm not saying Ned deserves to die in my world, but in HIS world yes, he got what was coming to him. Plus he was stupid. Ned didn't make alliances with people who could have helped him, he had no little birds on his side, so he didn't know what was coming, so he was reacting to other people's moves instead of making them react. He trusted people he had no right to trust. He made lots of moves that may have been the right thing to do but put him and his family in jeopardy. His biggest mistake was in not staying on his wife 24-7 and preventing Catlyn from starting a war. Pretty much he flunked Palace Intrigue 101. When you flunk that class, they take your head. When you read European history, you don't read about very many Neds. That's because they die so early in their reign there's nothing to write down.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I think the Bear and the Dragon are the same...Wights. White Walkers were formed from living (Craster's baby boys), wights from dead.

Last edited:
sansa sent brienne our of necessity. going herself would a)piss off the northern lords b)put the north at risk if she was taken prisoner and c) with jon gone who keeps the preparations moving forward. so I think it was just a practical move and not anything else to it.

I feel ned got himself killed because he was a solider first, a principled one at that, without any friends in the south. People with principals die in the GOT because the manipulators know how to use that to their advantage.

Dany says she cant have kids, which in this story means she will or at least get pregnant. which im pretty sure will be jons.

Ill take the reverse with Cersei, she is pregnant but I think hers dies somewhere down the line cuz it will make her even more nuts/ruthless.

Ill take the reverse with Cersei, she is pregnant but I think hers dies somewhere down the line cuz it will make her even more nuts/ruthless.
And will be consistent with what that witch/fortune teller prophecied(sp?).

I must have missed it or forgotten it if it was covered in a prior episode, but what has Dany convinced that she cannot have children?

I must have missed it or forgotten it if it was covered in a prior episode, but what has Dany convinced that she cannot have children?

When she lost her initial baby with Drogo due to her dabbling in bloodmagic with the witch in Season 1, it was implied that she could have no further children. I believe this was more obvious in the books.

In GoT the hierarchy is:

1. Night King
2. 'Princes' - I think these are the first few White Walkers raised by the Night King - or they are raised 'Children of the Forest' or whatever they are called
3. White Walkers
4. Wights

I'm not clear on how a White Walker vs Wight is 'created'... anyone notice the dead Giants and Mammoths weren't in the latest battle?

I cant remember the exact prophecy re Cersie's death; if she died in childbirth w Jaime's child, would that fulfill the prophecy?
Nah, that would not be satisfying enough for us.

If fire doesnt affect the Night King, will dragonglass or Valerian steel hurt him?

If fire doesnt affect the Night King, will dragonglass or Valerian steel hurt him?

Both work on White Walkers so presumably the Night King is made of the same stuff. Valyerian steel is rare but dragonglass -- heck they have a whole mountain of it.

If it were me, I'd strip mine the stuff and have every able-bodied person in my domain occupied making dragonglass arrows, spears, weld dragonglass dust to the edge of every sword and axe. Maybe glue it to armor or the toes of boots.

Figure out how to make dragonglass fragmentation bombs. Take some of those cool flaming tar balls that the Slavers were hurling into Mereen and add a bunch of dragonglass and launch them at that little platform where the Night King and his blue court are always standing as they watch the fighting.

When she lost her initial baby with Drogo due to her dabbling in bloodmagic with the witch in Season 1, it was implied that she could have no further children. I believe this was more obvious in the books.

It was also described as being 'half-dragon' (with scales, etc.). She did get that witch though....

As for Cersei, not looking good for new baby (unless she's lying which is possible given we have no idea how far along she is and it's known at the beginning of S7 she commented that they haven't been very intimate...):

children.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT