ADVERTISEMENT

Gruden is done

In the body of the tweet I posted. Quotes from NFL lead counsel’s emails to Paul Allen. I haven’t seen the actual emails but they might be in the NYT article (behind a pay wall). I haven’t seen any of Gruden’s emails but would like to.

In the body of the tweet I posted. Quotes from NFL lead counsel’s emails to Paul Allen. I haven’t seen the actual emails but they might be in the NYT article (behind a pay wall). I haven’t seen any of Gruden’s emails but would like to.
I really hope there's a LOT more to this than those chicken shat quotes, both of which could be interpreted in many different ways.

Every sports talk show, 11 pages of fighting here, every sports section of every news outlet is covering this thing and no one has the emails? This doesn't seem possible...but it's happening.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
I really hope there's a LOT more to this than those chicken shat quotes, both of which could be interpreted in many different ways.

Every sports talk show, 11 pages of fighting here, every sports section of every news outlet is covering this thing and no one has the emails? This doesn't seem possible...but it's happening.

I’m curious too - but, must have been bad for him to resign without a fight. Hopefully they’ll come out at some point so people can read for themselves.

I’m curious too - but, must have been bad for him to resign without a fight. Hopefully they’ll come out at some point so people can read for themselves.
Curley and Schultz must have done something really bad if they pleaded guilty...

Curley and Schultz must have done something really bad if they pleaded guilty...

Probably not a good comparison. You’re comparing a strategic legal effort with months of planning and review to a resignation within hours of the email release. But, ‘really bad’ is in the eye of the beholder here and it’s not the same as facing criminal charges and potential jail time.

I didn't read through every response above, but I did see it stated that Gruden used a personal email account. If that is true, my opinion is what he does on his own personal account is entirely his own business. That does not mean I am defending what he wrote. He wasn't stating this as an ESPN employee, as a Redskins employee, as a Raiders employee., or as any employee.

MAybe there is more to the as-of-yet untold story as to why he apparently resigned and gave up $60M without a fight.

I didn't read through every response above, but I did see it stated that Gruden used a personal email account. If that is true, my opinion is what he does on his own personal account is entirely his own business. That does not mean I am defending what he wrote. He wasn't stating this as an ESPN employee, as a Redskins employee, as a Raiders employee., or as any employee.

MAybe there is more to the as-of-yet untold story as to why he apparently resigned and gave up $60M without a fight.

I don't think it's been established that he gave any money up, and some legal sentiment out there thinks he did not violate any terms of employment. He wasn't relieved of duties right away so it is very likely he left with a negotiated settlement.

While his account may have been his own private account he sent it to others. And as soon as you send it to someone else it is no longer private. Especially if it goes to a work related email of someone. That person can forward it on, print and show it to people, send it to anyone including media.

When using any electronic form of communications write it as if you suspect the entire world will read it someday. Email, text, private Twitter, tic took, FB messages, anything. Cause ya just never know.......

Last edited:
While his a count may have been his own private account as soon as you send some tot someone else it is no longer private. Especially if it goes to a work related email of someone. That person can forward it on, print and show it to people, send it to anyone including media.

When using any electronic form of communications write it as if you suspect the entire world will read it someday. Email, text, private Twitter, tic took, FB messages, anything. Cause ya just never know.......
I have no disagreement that once it is written, it is open to being read by someone other than the intended recipient. That wasn't my point. He did this on his own private account. It was his private communication. Did the Raiders have the right to fire him and/or force him to resign? (semi-rhetorical)

Suppose he called the same friend/Exec on the phone. The friend picks up the call and chooses to talk via speakerphone. Gruden verbally makes the same statement(s). The secretary hears the beginning of the conversation and realizes he is making derogatory and inflammatory comments, so she records the balance of the call. She then gives it to the local ombudsman and says, "Listen to what I heard today".

Maybe the question is, when is private Private? I know, I know. Never assume anything is ever private.

I don't think it's been established that he gave any money up, and some legal sentiment out there thinks he did not violate any terms of employment. He wasn't relieved of duties right away so it is very likely he left with a negotiated settlement.
while I agree with you on nothing- keep posting -because that redhead is gorgeous

When you use your personal email to send emails to others in your profession, they are not personal emails

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT