ADVERTISEMENT

Had Allar started against Purdue...

Who manages QBs well? Be interested to see an example.
Saban and Swinney immediately come to mind. Possibly even Harbaugh as well, but time will tell regarding his decision from earlier this year.

Franklin played McSorley too much for too long, causing him to be dinged up and less effective at times, and same thing with Clifford. And nobody will ever really know regarding Stevens and Levis. We are potentially very thin at QB, at least on paper, and it's due to Franklin's management, or lack thereof, basically since he got the job, with one fluke conference title to show for it.

Saban and Swinney immediately come to mind. Possibly even Harbaugh as well, but time will tell regarding his decision from earlier this year.

Franklin played McSorley too much for too long, causing him to be dinged up and less effective at times, and same thing with Clifford. And nobody will ever really know regarding Stevens and Levis. We are potentially very thin at QB, at least on paper, and it's due to Franklin's management, or lack thereof, basically since he got the job, with one fluke conference title to show for it.
Dabo completely botched their QB situation this year. Beyond awful.

The coaches said we’d have lost if we started Allar? I’ve never seen that reported nor have I ever seen anyone make that claim other than the OP. How would they know?
They started Clifford, so my guess is they thought Allar had a better chance of losing than Clifford.

Why would Allar have had to stay in for the entire season if he wasn't performing well? Is that some NCAA rule that you "seen" somewhere? The schedule set up nicely to break in a new guy, or at least find out at a minimum whether his stars were legit or not, but instead Franklin chose to give Clifford an extra year farewell tour. So Franklin actually wasted a whole year for Allar, and hence the team, by playing him only in absolute garbage time, especially against several weaker teams when he should have entered several series earlier. And I would bet that part of it had to do with getting Clifford the passing record, and also not risking having another QB come in and outperform Sean on the field, which has actually been a question for several seasons in a row.

Franklin manages QBs poorly in my view.
Not a coach in the world would keep someone on the bench so they wouldn’t play better than the starter…that’s just stupid talk.

Not a coach in the world would keep someone on the bench so they wouldn’t play better than the starter…that’s just stupid talk.
A coach who chased off two quality QBs was not going to admit (nor have exposed) the error of his ways in year 6. He was all in on Clifford this year purely out of stubbornness.

Dabo completely botched their QB situation this year. Beyond awful.
So they had a terrible season with the same exact record as PSU, and were within one point of an additional win? Not sure what point you are trying to make, but nothing new there.

With that said, I was talking more about the Lawrence situation.

So they had a terrible season with the same exact record as PSU, and were within one point of an additional win? Not sure what point you are trying to make, but nothing new there.

With that said, I was talking more about the Lawrence situation.
No I said they botched their QB situation. They also lost to 2 average teams getting g blown out by one

Handling one situation right doesn't mean he didn't royally screw up Klubnik/DJU.

Pros are there to win and make money. They try to play this "if you don't show up, you're not a fan" and then free agent out when they can make more money. So if they can be motivated to make more money over team, I can be motivated to save money by not spending money on that same crappy team. My point is, I have no problem booing a pro player. I guess, in my mind, it is still questionable if a college player is a pro or not.
I remember years ago at a Cavs game saying to my friend, I would be willing to walk up and down the court for a couple hundred thousand dollars! I can't tell you how many Cav games I watched where LBJ didn't hustle. Professionals owe it to their team, owners and fans to hustle on every play. I played harder in pickup games than some of these spoiled, dissatisfied pro players/millionaires.

A coach who chased off two quality QBs was not going to admit (nor have exposed) the error of his ways in year 6. He was all in on Clifford this year purely out of stubbornness.

Clifford has ended up with a better career than Stevens. That also dispels the senioritis theory.

Levis has ended up with a similar career, but is considered a better draft prospect.

Clifford has ended up with a better career than Stevens. That also dispels the senioritis theory.

Levis has ended up with a similar career, but is considered a better draft prospect.
Did I miss the part where Stevens and/or Levis got to spend 6 full years in the same program? You may think you know, but nobody actually ever will. But we know what we got with Clifford.

Wrong. He didn’t chase anyone off, they got beat out, plain and simple. Neither were as good as Clifford.

Did I miss the part where Stevens and/or Levis got to spend 6 full years in the same program? You may think you know, but nobody actually ever will. But we know what we got with Clifford.
Had Levis stayed, and the season played out as was, he's the starter from 2nd quarter of Iowa on. He potentially does enough to win 10 or 11 games that year.

He transferred. He's got 1st round hype. Seemingly worked well for all involved.

Stevens is who he is. A gadget play QB. Not big enough for TE. Not a good enough route runner for WR. He's bounced all over. That argument is played out.

ADVERTISEMENT