ADVERTISEMENT

Hassan Yazdani

Psalm 1 guy

Nov 3, 2019
Regarding Yazdani losing, I was so impressed at how he handled the injury and loss. There was no throwing a fit, sulking, disrespecting his opponent, etc. He showed such great class. I know it had to be devastating for him, especially considering what a prime opportunity this was for him to win his second Olympic gold medal, but he was all class.

I do have to wonder if he will stick around through 2028. He will be four months shy of 34 for the LA Olympics. That is pretty old for a freestyle wrestler, especially considering the shoulder injuries he has sustained over the years, combined with the physical nature of his wrestling.

No matter what the future holds for Yazdani's wrestling career, he is one of the all time greats, medaling at the last nine World or Olympic championships. And were it not for Taylor and the unfortunate timing of this most-recent injury, there is a good chance he would have won the gold in all nine of those World and Olympic championships. Not too shabby!

I don’t want to be accused of trying to start a political debate, but I wish that the Bomb, Bomb Iran crowd could meet Yazdani because it has been my personal experience that most of the people from there are very much like him.

Maybe there’s some way that we can get him and some of the other great Iranian wrestlers over here on a good will tour. It would go a long way towards softening the relationship between our two countries.

I don’t want to be accused of trying to start a political debate, but I wish that the Bomb, Bomb Iran crowd could meet Yazdani because it has been my personal experience that most of the people from there are very much like him.

Maybe there’s some way that we can get him and some of the other great Iranian wrestlers over here on a good will tour. It would go a long way towards softening the relationship between our two countries.
Had classes with, became friends with and continue to be friends with two guys who were originally from Iran.

most people from most places are decent, upstanding people just trying to make the best out of the cards they were dealt. unfortunately, we live in a world where people can profit off of fear and division, so we often only hear the worst stories about "the others".

The average Iranian are a bunch of good people and who a wacky shitty government. That describes a most countries.

The average Iranian are a bunch of good people and who a wacky shitty government. That describes a most countries.

Unfortunately, there's not enough average Iranians to overthrow that shitty government. And that does not describe most countries.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT