ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic thread: Penn State connections.

Another predictable fail in the men’s sprint relay. What a disaster with that first pass. Just throwing away a gold

Another predictable fail in the men’s sprint relay. What a disaster with that first pass. Just throwing away a gold
Their top guy was out and the pressure got to them.

Watching diving freaks me out. I feel myself moving up and down as the bounce in the board. But us amazing how good they are, especially the ChiComs.

Their top guy was out and the pressure got to them.

Watching diving freaks me out. I feel myself moving up and down as the bounce in the board. But us amazing how good they are, especially the ChiComs.
The biggest problem was shifting around the lineup - they were perfectly fine in the semis without him. If you swap a guy in, have him run 1st or last so he only has 1 exchange. The guy swapped in was Bednarek on the 2nd leg and he left wayyyy too early - I saw it immediately. 5 out of the last 6 Olympics they’ve botched the baton pass. Inexcusable.

Reactions: Obliviax
Looked like he was boxed in at the turn. Thought he was screwed. Amazing how they moved out and gave him a lane.

Looked more like a horse race than a human race.
Yeah he has the strongest kick in the field and the guy leading should have stayed to the inside forcing Cole to go to the outside. But he just moved over and Cole blew by him on the inside with a clear path. Great victory for USA!

Reactions: The Spin Meister
The biggest problem was shifting around the lineup - they were perfectly fine in the semis without him. If you swap a guy in, have him run 1st or last so he only has 1 exchange. The guy swapped in was Bednarek on the 2nd leg and he left wayyyy too early - I saw it immediately. 5 out of the last 6 Olympics they’ve botched the baton pass. Inexcusable.
This was inexcusable. My son runs high school track so I see a lot of high school meets and even at that level you rarely see botched handoffs.

Both he and Sydney buried their rivals in their races. Sydney cooked Bol in particular
Yep. I love the huddles because it is sprinting with logistics. You have to have containment/presence, to keep your steps to the first hurdle. You have to have, or conserve, that energy to make it over the last hurdles. You have to have consistency throughout to keep your steps. Plus the 400 is physically grueling.

How about Gabby Thomas! She was extremely blessed in all respects - what a goddess!

Smart as hell, gorgeous, great smile and amazing legs.
The U.S. track and field team has performed great. The glaring exception I can think of is the men's 4 x 100 relay. In the women's 4 x 100 it was great to see Sha'Carri turn it on in the anchor leg.

I wonder who they will put in the lead off spot for the men's 4 x 400 relay? The 16 year old just didn't have it for the semis but give him so much credit for making the team.

The U.S. track and field team has performed great. The glaring exception I can think of is the men's 4 x 100 relay. In the women's 4 x 100 it was great to see Sha'Carri turn it on in the anchor leg.

I wonder who they will put in the lead off spot for the men's 4 x 400 relay? The 16 year old just didn't have it for the semis but give him so much credit for making the team.
He ran a 47.3 - almost killed us. He’s in the stands where he belongs

Yep. I love the huddles because it is sprinting with logistics. You have to have containment/presence, to keep your steps to the first hurdle. You have to have, or conserve, that energy to make it over the last hurdles. You have to have consistency throughout to keep your steps. Plus the 400 is physically grueling.
I ran the 440 hurdles in high school (70s). It is a bear of a race. Those last few hurdles you have to gut it out. Not just about speed but also having yor steps own in between each hurdle.

I ran the 440 hurdles in high school (70s). It is a bear of a race. Those last few hurdles you have to gut it out. Not just about speed but also having yor steps own in between each hurdle.
Same. Loved it but no lead was safe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT