ADVERTISEMENT

Hildebrandt News!!!

If he’s enrolled for the next semester he should be able to compete before the individual schools semester begins. Think of athletics in the fall. Freshman can play soccer and football games in August. Long before classes start.
Example / Many schools don’t start classes until the third or fourth week of the football season.

Example / Many schools don’t start classes until the third or fourth week of the football season.
From the NCAA rulebook (https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/co...021-22D1Comp_SummaryofNCAARegulations.pdf.pdf):

You are eligible to compete during the official vacation period immediately preceding initial enrollment, provided you have been accepted by your institution for enrollment in a regular, full-time program of studies at the time of your initial participation, you are no longer enrolled in your previous educational institution and you are eligible under all institutional and NCAA requirements.

Personally, I would rather not see Hildybeast at the Scuffle.

The kid has been out of competitive wrestling for 3/4 of a year. I think he is on a slow burn to March. No matter where he has been working out I think he should be viewed as being in October shape day 1 in the room.

This is the one example where I fully support a wrestler being on a pitch count. Let others criticize a shameless selective openents schedule that is laser focused on getting qualified, staying healthy, and preserving a decent seed.

I wouldn't have him go against any top 10 kids before Bigs.

• Haha
Reactions: PAwrestling
He's been in town for a little while now. Didn't realize you guys were unaware. Haven't been on the boards much lately
If this is your silent cry for a retainer to constantly monitor this board and provide intel, consider your request duly noted. We’ll make sure it’s on next month’s board agenda right after the discussion to lower @smalls103’s monthly stipend due to lackluster efforts on the 2021 recruiting trail.

If this is your silent cry for a retainer to constantly monitor this board and provide intel, consider your request duly noted. We’ll make sure it’s on next month’s board agenda right after the discussion to lower @smalls103’s monthly stipend due to lackluster efforts on the 2021 recruiting trail.
😂🤣 So glad this board lives on . 3 what? Here to stay

Well, we do have Angry Spyker but he's not nearly as forthcoming with room observations. Maybe his secretary ran off to the other board?
Oh he's back, along with everyone else that was banned. It's fking wonderful.

If he’s in town and in the room, Hildebrandt will get enough reps with Gilman, Howard and RBY to be ready to go in January without going to the Scuffle.

Also: I’m excited to see Robbie Howard next year. If you follow him on social media, he’s not just going to class and getting fat. He’s in the room, and I think he was REALLY close to being an AA last year. If the ref actually calls that illegal full, he’s a hard out for anyone but Spencer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69
If he’s in town and in the room, Hildebrandt will get enough reps with Gilman, Howard and RBY to be ready to go in January without going to the Scuffle.

Also: I’m excited to see Robbie Howard next year. If you follow him on social media, he’s not just going to class and getting fat. He’s in the room, and I think he was REALLY close to being an AA last year. If the ref actually calls that illegal full, he’s a hard out for anyone but Spencer.
Omg. That was an absolute travesty missing that Full. There’s a reason they aren’t allowed and sadly Howard got the unfair lesson. And the ref got to keep reffing.

Luckily, Robbie seems to be healthy enough to be in the room, wrestling and getting better.

And if Hildebrandt is there now, Robbie will get reps in with guys he’s not competing against for a spot. Gilman is a world class hand fighter and neutral wrestler, and Hildebrandt is a great top guy. If Robbie has the talent our coaches think he does, and he’s able to do the work they want him to do, I think he’ll do great things.

Reactions: 4theglory54
I'm still confused how Lamont kicking Robbie in the face wasn't any kind of penalty either. To be honest, I think Robbie's path if he had won that match was much better than to get to the podium.

1. He had Latona next, I like that match better than McKee but if he loses that
2. He has DeAugustino, who he wrestled to a 6-4 loss earlier ... Cael has shown he can adjust when he sees an opponent before (Heinselman for instance) Plus that was Robbie's 6th match at Big Tens when he was still working his way back
3. Then it's Cardinale to advance to 5th/6th ...

Reactions: Cowbell Man
Brutal rider, but not a ton of neutral attacks for a PSU guy. Just sayin'.....;)

Believe me, I'm not complaining and I'm fine with him if he scores points for PSU and is a decent citizen. Just pointing out that he doesn't appear to have a typical PSU philosophy, although I'm guessing even a few months in our room will adjust that to some degree.

You could argue that Starocci didn't quite fit the mold for much of last year, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT