ADVERTISEMENT

How does PSU enhance the gameday atmosphere?

You old coot, I agree on most with the exception of excited PSU fans jumping up and down.

Boy, I would wager that I could have you pissed-off before the end of second possession for each team. I should note that the jumping up on down on every play is bad enough but then some want to be the only ones standing blocking everybody's view.

Reactions: step.eng69
Boy, I would wager that I could have you pissed-off before the end of second possession for each team. I should note that the jumping up on down on every play is bad enough but then some want to be the only ones standing blocking everybody's view.
I was just kidding psu69 ;), I am also getting older than dirt in age. I don't get pissed much any more, with the exception of the "false narrative" for the last 4 1/2 years...this has me almost mentally disturbed and very angry.

I sit in the HC chairs in the first, row Section EE at the 44 yard line behind the team. I like to watch the team in their pre game warm ups. Well, that is impossible because fans, parents, friends stand along the rail to take pictures, talk to the kids, etc. Can't really blame the people, the kids on the team are somewhat celebrities. I solved my problem by sitting in the bleacher section a few row behind my seats and watch the team. When the game starts, the ushers ask the persons to move.

Carry a big stick (cane) to the game and poke the people in your view. if that doesn't help smack them across the back of the head, then ask them politely to move.

I f there were an empty seat or two next to me, Nassib's father, Gill, would sneak down from the upper sections and sit with me and Karen so he could be near his son during sideline line sessions. I got to know him well. Actually he told my wife that he thinks I'm a little crazy.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time understanding the scheduling issues that some of you describe. Can we agree on certain concepts that need to be followed for economic/logistic reasons?
  • PSU will be playing 9 conference games each year. In alternating years, there will be 4 Home/5 Away and 5 Home/4 Away
  • That means the Lions get 3 OOC games each year. To get the 7 home games needed economically (for the Athletics Department and the community), on the 4/5 years, all 3 of those games need to be at home; on the 5/4 years, one game can be on the road (not sure how OSU can pull of those consecutive ND/Texas years).
  • The "good" teams that we all want will require home-and-home series. That will occupy the one away game that PSU gets in the 5/4 year.
  • All the other 4 OOC games played in every 2 years will need to be against teams willing to only play at the Beave. That's where those other opponents that people are complaining about come from.
While I agree that the quality of the "good" home-and-home opponent needs to be improved, keep in mind that it will result in one better home game every 2 years. I'm not sure who many of you think can be scheduled for those other games but I suspect that who you're thinking won't accept only a one-off at our place.

I'm having a hard time understanding the scheduling issues that some of you describe. Can we agree on certain concepts that need to be followed for economic/logistic reasons?
  • PSU will be playing 9 conference games each year. In alternating years, there will be 4 Home/5 Away and 5 Home/4 Away
  • That means the Lions get 3 OOC games each year. To get the 7 home games needed economically (for the Athletics Department and the community), on the 4/5 years, all 3 of those games need to be at home; on the 5/4 years, one game can be on the road (not sure how OSU can pull of those consecutive ND/Texas years).
  • The "good" teams that we all want will require home-and-home series. That will occupy the one away game that PSU gets in the 5/4 year.
  • All the other 4 OOC games played in every 2 years will need to be against teams willing to only play at the Beave. That's where those other opponents that people are complaining about come from.
While I agree that the quality of the "good" home-and-home opponent needs to be improved, keep in mind that it will result in one better home game every 2 years. I'm not sure who many of you think can be scheduled for those other games but I suspect that who you're thinking won't accept only a one-off at our place.
I'm not asking for 3 challenging opponents. I'm asking for 1 game per season against a top notch OOC team, either home or away, and those opponents should be from all over the country not in our backyard. It's that simple. I fully expect a creampuff team as one of the other opponents and I'd like to think the third could be a low-level P5 team, but I'm willing to accept 2 creampuffs in exchange for one really good OOC game per season.

I'm not asking for 3 challenging opponents. I'm asking for 1 game per season against a top notch OOC team, either home or away, and those opponents should be from all over the country not in our backyard. It's that simple. I fully expect a creampuff team as one of the other opponents and I'd like to think the third could be a low-level P5 team, but I'm willing to accept 2 creampuffs in exchange for one really good OOC game per season.

Exactly I don't need Oregon/Okie/LSU for our 3 OOC games. Just 1 good game and the rest can be the lower level teams to pad the bank account.

It always amuses me that people act like college football scheduling is the equivalent of playing NCAA Football 14 ... you can just have whoever come play whenever because that would "make for a good matchup"

P.S. I miss that game already

It always amuses me that people act like college football scheduling is the equivalent of playing NCAA Football 14 ... you can just have whoever come play whenever because that would "make for a good matchup"

All of us know on here that schedules are done years in advance. It's also known which programs traditionally stay strong through the years. Also more than ever most programs are going to look to stay strong by paying coaching staffs well and not kill the goose that lays the golden egg for the university....

Nobody said it was as simple as making one phone call. But it can be done. OSU is proof and there are others that do it as well.

Is NCAA Football 14 off the market? If so, because of the law suits?

The NCAA Football game in general was discontinued due to everything that was going on at the time about it (but mostly the lawsuits). The game can still be bought but I have a PS4 now and since you can't play PS3 games on the PS4 I sold it once I sold my PS3. If they were able to at least make that game for the PS4 I'd buy it in a second.

Nobody said it was as simple as making one phone call. But it can be done. OSU is proof and there are others that do it as well.

Name all these other schools that do it. That year in year out have a home/home (not a neutral site game) against a top tier Power 5 school

I was just kidding psu69 ;), I am also getting older than dirt in age. I don't get pissed much any more, with the exception of the "false narrative" for the last 4 1/2 years...this has me almost mentally disturbed and very angry.

I sit in the HC chairs in the first, row Section EE at the 44 yard line behind the team. I like to watch the team in their pre game warm ups. Well, that is impossible because fans, parents, friends stand along the rail to take pictures, talk to the kids, etc. Can really blame the people, the kids on the team are somewhat celebrities. I solved my problem by sitting in the bleacher section a few row behind my seats and watch the team. When the game starts, the ushers ask the persons to move.

Carry a big stick (cane) to the game and poke the people in your view. if that doesn't help smack them across the back of the head, then ask them politely to move.

I f there were an empty seat or two next to me, Nassib's father, Gill, would sneak down from the upper sections and sit with me and Karen so he could be near his son during sideline line sessions. I got to know him well. Actually he told my wife that he thinks I'm a little crazy.

step.eng69, no problem. Love paragraph 3. I've got duneberries that believe it is their right to stand and block everyone's view. We got rid of some of them but there are 2-3 left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT