ADVERTISEMENT

If Franklin were to leave, who is on your list to replace him?

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Please share your list. I have no idea who would be realistic as a good fit and who would likely take the job.

Matt Ruhle and Urban Meyer aren’t leaving NFL jobs, if they somehow did it would be for much greener pastures than Penn St.

Fickell seems like a legitimate candidate.

Reactions: OhioLion
He's a bad NFL coach, nobody likes him, and he is giving them reasons to fire him. This isn't OSU where he gets infinite chances
Do you have proof nobody likes him, or is this you taunting your BS on the net as usual..

He has coached 6 games with a rookie QB, no real WR threat, and a dismal Line.. Did you expect him to be 6-0 right now?

And for the record even if he is fired at years end, which is very unlikely.. Penn State will not touch him with his baggage.

Do you have proof nobody likes him, or is this you taunting your BS on the net as usual..

He has coached 6 games with a rookie QB, no real WR threat, and a dismal Line.. Did you expect him to be 6-0 right now?

And for the record even if he is fired at years end, which is very unlikely.. Penn State will not touch him with his baggage.
It’s been all over the news that his players can’t stand him.

Just about everyone’s record that gets thrown out is going to be worse than franklins. That’s the irony.
That is true….it makes sense if they’re at a program that they’re turning around, but Stanford isn’t that program.

Forget about who replaces him, he just needs to leave and take the $5.5 MM he stole this year from us. There are always other fish in the sea.

Please share your list. I have no idea who would be realistic as a good fit and who would likely take the job.
A list

*1.Matt Rhule NFL Panthers
2 Luke Fickell Cincinnati
3. Matt Campbell Iowa State

B list lower level head coaches

Dave Doeren NC State

Dave Aranda Baylor

Dave Clawson Wake Forest

Jamey Chadwell Coastal Carolina

Lance Leipold Kansas

Billy Napier Louisiana

Jeff Hafley Boston College

*Charles Huff Marshall

Scott Satterfield Louisville

Current offensive and defensive coordinators

*Joe Brady NFL Panthers

Eric Bienemy NFL Chiefs

*Mike Yurcich

*Brent Pry

Marcus Freeman Note Dame

Alex Grinch Oklahoma

Dan Lanning Georgia

*Josh Gattis Michigan

former head coaches

Tom Herman

*BOB

Doug Pedersen

*Joe Moorhead

Doug Marrone

*Al Golden

*Mike Munchak

Nick Rolovich
*= PSU ties

Reactions: MacNit07
Don’t think we could get Rhule now and probably not Fickell. I would put the full court press on Matt Campbell. If not Marcus Freeman is a hot name as a coordinator and Dave Clawson while not a flashy hire is a NE guy who has won and turned around all 4 places he has coached at. A dark horse to me would be Tom Herman. 6 winning seasons in 6 years as a head coach and 5-0 in bowl games 71% winning percentage. Think he got a raw deal by Texas who is living in the memory of the Darrell Royal era.

Last edited:
Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Don’t think we could get Rhule now and probably not Fickell. I would put the full court press on Matt Campbell. If not Marcus Freeman is a hot name as a coordinator and Dave Clawson while not a flashy hire is a NE guy who has won and turned around all 4 places he has coached at. A dark horse to me would be Tom Herman. 6 winning seasons in 6 years as a head coach and 5-0 in bowl games. Think he got a raw deal by Texas who is living in the Darrell Royal era.
Tom Herman is a good call. Great recruiter and knows OSU.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
I find it amusing that so many of you want James out, quit or fired, are the same people that hate the person, Sandy, that will pick his successor.

Reactions: aworsnup
Shaw is making $9 MM this year at Stanford. Obviously PSU is not going to offer him more. Why would he take a pay cut for a more demanding job (greater expectations and tougher conference schedule)?

Reactions: PennStateMan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT