ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not a Tom Brady fan, but.

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
They could put 90 year olds for his WR and he would still win. The guy is like a surgeon running his offense. Quick release, smart, and accurate.

Steelers play like this all year, they will be fine.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
Can't match up against Eddlemen and Gronk. The whole league has the same issues when defending them. Brady had very few throws over 10 yards. It's a dink and dunk mentality .

I agree. His accuracy(even if it is short attempts which can also be difficult) is just sickening. He might not be full of crap when he says he has more than a few years left. Their line surprised me because I thought it might show more weaknesses but that is partially just how they design things for a guy that thinks that fast.

I expected a loss but I was overall happy with how the Steelers played all things considered. The teams might meet again. Unfortunately it will probably be in Foxboro. Different field the results might have been a lot different.

Scobee, come on. That was killer.

I agree. His accuracy(even if it is short attempts which can also be difficult) is just sickening. He might not be full of crap when he says he has more than a few years left. Their line surprised me because I thought it might show more weaknesses but that is partially just how they design things for a guy that thinks that fast.

I expected a loss but I was overall happy with how the Steelers played all things considered. The teams might meet again. Unfortunately it will probably be in Foxboro. Different field the results might have been a lot different.

Scobee, come on. That was killer.

Steelers can point to a lot of things that could have turned the game in their favor

-PI call in the end zone should have been defensive holding at most

-Fumble at the end zone recovered by Gronk that could just as easily been recovered by the Steelers if the DB didn't have his back to where the ball landed

-2 missed FGs

-TD to WR out of bounds

At the very least that's a 10 pt swing and a 31-28 Steelers win.

Once they get healthy they will be able to put up 40+ a game when they are playing well and will just have to tighten up some things in the defensive backfield (communication and recognition for example) and they will be a scary opponent come January

To me the biggest play was early, the Steelers were driving the ball down field on their first possession by running Williams and hitting Miller, but for some reason then tried some stupid trick play to Brown and lost like 12 yards. If Steelers get 6 there, they win.

And Munchak has done an amazing job with the OL. They were one of the worst a few years ago and may be one of the best now. Good running lanes, Ben had time. DeCastro is a beast.

Haywood-Bey needs dropped, how the heck do you go out of bounds that wide open.

He's a great QB but due to his and his organization's persistent cheating there is no way that he should ever be admitted into the hall of fame. Same goes for Gronk or any other long time Pats of this era. Is what they are doing any better than what Pete Rose did? Pete never cheated to win games, he just bet that they would win them.

Steelers can point to a lot of things that could have turned the game in their favor

-PI call in the end zone should have been defensive holding at most

-Fumble at the end zone recovered by Gronk that could just as easily been recovered by the Steelers if the DB didn't have his back to where the ball landed

-2 missed FGs

-TD to WR out of bounds

At the very least that's a 10 pt swing and a 31-28 Steelers win.

Once they get healthy they will be able to put up 40+ a game when they are playing well and will just have to tighten up some things in the defensive backfield (communication and recognition for example) and they will be a scary opponent come January

I'll add one more. Opening drive Steelers moving right down the field and then they go with the lateral to Antonio Brown on a WR pass.
Huh? I don't mind gimmicky and gadgety plays but when everything is clicking why?

Steelers secondary had communication problems as bad as our O-line. Actually their defense just needs help. I'm not sold on Jarvis Jones, James Harrison's best days are about 5 years behind him.
They are still about 2 drafts...(2 smart drafts) away from fielding a good defense.

But I'll agree with you they played a lot better than I thought.

He's a great QB but due to his and his organization's persistent cheating there is no way that he should ever be admitted into the hall of fame. Same goes for Gronk or any other long time Pats of this era. Is what they are doing any better than what Pete Rose did? Pete never cheated to win games, he just bet that they would win them.

Pete Rose biggest mistake was he ADMITTED it.

No way Brady doesn't see the HOF. He will be one of, if not the best QB when he is done. I can't stand him, but he is such a great QB. Rarely makes mistakes, accuracy maybe the best in History.

I think Brady's biggest strengths are above the shoulders. He has an incredible drive to succeed coming from
being picked 199th despite a pretty damn good senior year at Michigan. His ability to break down defenses
on pre-snap looks is second to none. With the possible exception of Peyton Manning. He times his cadence
great to thwart blitzes. Subtley picks up key first down on QB sneaks.

Reactions: slwlion
Williams surprised the heck out of me. He had some good blocks in front of him but he looked really good. Figured he had some juice left after sharing carries all these years but him and Bell are going to make an amazing 1-2 punch. This offense is going to be insanely good once things really get clicking.

If the defense can even get to adequate it can be a really good year. It won't and really can't happen but I am not so sure the Seahawks are going to ask the world for Chancellor. He is supposedly in play as far as a trade.

That was unbelievable. No field awareness. He was always dumb. He runs fast, that's about it.

I wasn't worry about the Receiving core without Bryant and even Bell, they still had Brown, Miller, and Wheaton. But, I thought for sure Sammie Coates would have seen more of a role over Haywood-Bey.

Wheaton's catch in the 3rd on the sideline was one of the best I have seen in some time.

Brady is a good QB but lest we get carried away, Edelman is a very good receiver and that fact may be masked by the fact that he's a goofy looking white guy and people judge by pre-conceptions. And Gronkowski may well be better at his position than anyone else is at theirs. So Brady's receivers aren't all that bad.

Also, Dion Lewis, who had done exactly zero in the NFL since leaving college a few years ago, had a good night for NE, had a good night last night and that tells me that their O-Line is pretty good.

New England has a history of making stars out of no-name or washed up running backs like Lewis.

Also note they started 2 rookies on the offensive line.

Love him or hate him, he's one hell of a QB. His best attributes (IMHO) are his competitiveness, his awareness and his accuracy.....and, maybe his best trait: he doesn't beat himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT