ADVERTISEMENT

Football INSTANT REACTION: Jaylen Reed, Beau Pribula save the day against Wisconsin

Yes, we basically did run run run--most of his throws were either shovel passes to Warren or safe out with him rolling--great way to scheme around his limitations
Great job ignoring you attacked Drew Allar as a person though--you'll get what you deserve

What a stupid post as though Pribula is incapable of anything but dumb downed QB play. You have a personal issue with him.
I don't--seems like a really good kid
See what we did yesterday--we limited the offense for him. He executed great outside of the RPO which we had to stop because AK knew it would lead to a turnover.
Beau played great--he doesn't have the skillset to beat Ohio State. Allar might not even beat Ohio State but we all agree Allar >>>> Beau, right? Common sense here please

I don't--seems like a really good kid
See what we did yesterday--we limited the offense for him. He executed great outside of the RPO which we had to stop because AK knew it would lead to a turnover.
Beau played great--he doesn't have the skillset to beat Ohio State. Allar might not even beat Ohio State but we all agree Allar >>>> Beau, right? Common sense here please
Ok, Nastradamous. Anyone who disagrees with you lacks common sense?

Ok, Nastradamous. Anyone who disagrees with you lacks common sense?
Anyone that think Beau is better than Drew lacks common sense
If you disagree and think we're good enough with Beau to beat Ohio State next week that's a fine disagreement and I hope you're right
But notice how you took this approach because I was right about us limiting the offense to accommodate him? Great OC--great job by Beaul--but very limited and as safe as possible

Who’s our 3rd string QB?

(Please don’t respond Warren.)
Depth chart wise, it's Grunk. With AK, it could be some combination of Warren in the Wildcat.

No crutches or ice for Allar. I didn't detect a limp when they showed him at the end of the game but it was hard to tell. Good sign, right? Hopefully he can play next week but I don't want him out there gimpy and ineffective. OSU will smell blood.

Anyone that think Beau is better than Drew lacks common sense
If you disagree and think we're good enough with Beau to beat Ohio State next week that's a fine disagreement and I hope you're right
But notice how you took this approach because I was right about us limiting the offense to accommodate him? Great OC--great job by Beaul--but very limited and as safe as possible
This is the worst attempt by someone to wriggle out of their bad takes I've seen on this board.

Congrats.

We have all the obvious LandoFails in this thread, which have been highlighted, but remember this ....

No Beau--absolutely should never be on the field when he's not even the best option for the package he runs--Warren is
Plus, when we do it with Warren it isn't obvious by the sub

So, we have Lando talking about how Beau should never be on the field, then Lando talking about how we're screwed if Beau has to play, and warning us about how troll-like and annoyingly negative he's going to be if Beau has to play ... then, as the team succeeds and Beau does well ... we see the shift to "well, we'll win tonight, but not next week" (a game we conveniently weren't going to be favored to win, regardless), and then made up nonsense about how that good play wasn't really good, and how everything needed to be limited ... and the usual stuff when you have a child who isn't willing to admit he was DEAD WRONG.

Reactions: CattyGuy51
This is the worst attempt by someone to wriggle out of their bad takes I've seen on this board.

Congrats.

We have all the obvious LandoFails in this thread, which have been highlighted, but remember this ....

So, we have Lando talking about how Beau should never be on the field, then Lando talking about how we're screwed if Beau has to play, and warning us about how troll-like and annoyingly negative he's going to be if Beau has to play ... then, as the team succeeds and Beau does well ... we see the shift to "well, we'll win tonight, but not next week" (a game we conveniently weren't going to be favored to win, regardless), and then made up nonsense about how that good play wasn't really good, and how everything needed to be limited ... and the usual stuff when you have a child who isn't willing to admit he was DEAD WRONG.
Not wrong. If he plays next week we'll see if I'm wrong. Never once said we'd lose to Wisconsin with Beau. That second quote is still true
But of course you thought Penn State handled the press conference well despite the apology yesterday

Congrats.

The ignore button is your friend.

Reactions: OaktonDave

Congrats.

We have a lot of bad “fans”, but Lando is by far the worst.

Not wrong. If he plays next week we'll see if I'm wrong. Never once said we'd lose to Wisconsin with Beau. That second quote is still true
But of course you thought Penn State handled the press conference well despite the apology yesterday
Of course you said we'd lose to Wisky with Beau ... there you were, while everyone was complaining and predicting doom and gloom in THIS GAME, saying over and over again that we'll be fine in THIS GAME ... nothing to worry about ... and then you said "now we're screwed" when Allar was out and Beau was in.

That is clearly you saying we're going to lose against Wisky.

You can cry and whine and use whatever other childish tactic you can dream up to try to obfuscate on this issue, but it's clear as day.

And then, when Beau came in, you went out of your way to poo-poo everything good he did.

You were SO WRONG here, it's crazy to think of someone being more wrong than you were in this instance, and still trying to claim he wasn't wrong. It's insanity. Your neurodivergence strikes again.

Reactions: maxoscar
For certain, Beau made some beautiful throws yesterday that Drew would have never attempted. Drew plays very safe and regularly requires a receiver to have significant seperation before he throws. This maybe why we as fans often question the legitimacy of our receivers. Simply Beau is more of a risk taker versus Drew. Just a thought.

Reactions: KnightWhoSaysNit
For certain, Beau made some beautiful throws yesterday that Drew would have never attempted. Drew plays very safe and regularly requires a receiver to have significant seperation before he throws. This maybe why we as fans often question the legitimacy of our receivers. Simply Beau is more of a risk taker versus Drew. Just a thought.

Pribula does appear to be pretty accurate. Pribula's passing numbers for the season through yesterday - 18/23 (78.3 Comp %), 200 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, QBR 185.7

Slice and dice it anyway you like, those are damn solid numbers, especially his accuracy.

Reactions: maxoscar
Of course you said we'd lose to Wisky with Beau ... there you were, while everyone was complaining and predicting doom and gloom in THIS GAME, saying over and over again that we'll be fine in THIS GAME ... nothing to worry about ... and then you said "now we're screwed" when Allar was out and Beau was in.

That is clearly you saying we're going to lose against Wisky.

You can cry and whine and use whatever other childish tactic you can dream up to try to obfuscate on this issue, but it's clear as day.

And then, when Beau came in, you went out of your way to poo-poo everything good he did.

You were SO WRONG here, it's crazy to think of someone being more wrong than you were in this instance, and still trying to claim he wasn't wrong. It's insanity. Your neurodivergence strikes again.
We are screwed without Allar--we need him to contend. At no point was it said about this game. See Dylan's comment about it being like Iowa 2021 and me saying it wasn't that bad. This is again where you don't use what is written
He was efficient and threw a beautiful pass to Clifford--I'm just not making it more than it was
I wasn't wrong--if I actually said we'd lose to Wisconsin you'd be able to quote that but I didn't

Pribula does appear to be pretty accurate. Pribula's passing numbers for the season through yesterday - 18/23 (78.3 Comp %), 200 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, QBR 185.7

Slice and dice it anyway you like, those are damn solid numbers, especially his accuracy.
True but it’s apples to oranges with he and Drew. Different types of passes thrown for each. Andrew has had more guys drop balls this year between the two quarterbacks.

I agree and almost posted those thoughts within the game thread. Drew did not play his best game yesterday. He was tentative. Wisconsin played zone and we had open receivers. In some of the other games this year Drew hit receivers as they were coming open. Not yesterday.

Beau came in and just threw it. My guess is that there will be a cost for that against OSU with their better athletes, but there is also a cost for not throwing at all.

If he plays which Allar shows up? He probably won't be scrambling. Does Pribula get conservative? (My guess is no, unless he gets picked off.) Should be interesting.

I don't expect to win, primarily because we are not deep enough at linebacker. Have yet to see this team match up well in zone coverage, and OSU has the receivers to beat man coverage.

You are looking at pure passing stats. I am looking at whether he threw to open receivers down field.
I'm not. I actually watch the game on TV and replay every down on Peacock on my time laptop between plays or during commercials to see what the reads should have been. You're dead wrong about him not seeing open receivers. You don't comprehend what you're seeing. I don't know how to say that in a nice way. Allar was almost perfect yesterday.

During the game thread people, maybe you, wrong claimed Warren was open on a couple play that Allar took off on. He wasn't open. Drew made the correct read.

Just like Beau's decision to throw to Clifford and Wallace on both RPOs were the wrong read but worked. It working doesn't make it the right read just like if Drew did miss a read I'd say that. He was almost flawless yesterday and you're claiming it wasn't one of his better games.

Re-watch--give me any time of a game to watch a play when you think he missed a read. I'll be glad to check. I think it's hysterical when people claim watching the game live on TV without going back they saw an open receiver.

Oh if you don't believe me--Allar graded out higher than Beau on PFF. Anyone being honest know Drew was our best QB yesterday. "Not his best" smh

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT