ADVERTISEMENT

Football INSTANT REACTION: Jaylen Reed, Beau Pribula save the day against Wisconsin

Penn State's longest completion of the day was Beau's throw to Clifford in the second half. No run after catch either, all air yards. Discuss...
Before this game I was not sure he could pass more than 20 yards, and I am legitimately surprised by how well he threw the ball. I think Allar is absolutely the better qb overall, but Franklin likes qbs in the Trace McSorely mold.

Pribula beats the edge rush on that critical play. Play of the game.

Kid is a great athlete - he simply outran the Wisconsin defense to the edge. And a couple had the angle on him. Absolutely play that sealed game - allowed us to burn more clock and then put up another TD putting us up by 15 and putting game out of reach.

• Nobody is saying Pribula is a better QB than Allar.
  • We all saw some questionable exchanges after Beau came in.
  • And yes, one of his completed passes was risky into a tight window.
but.....
  • He was 11-13, 98 yds, 1 TD and 0 INT.
  • He had 28 yds rushing including a couple of critical 3rd down conversions.
  • He completed a couple of passes for 1st downs by rolling out and using his feet to buy time.
Beau came in under difficult circumstances. All things considered I'd say he was OUTSTANDING!
People are saying Beau is better than Allar
He played well tonight
Remember, many of these idiots are the same ones that wanted an open competition this spring.

If I am Franklin, OSU won't know who PSU's starting QB is next week until he walks on the field for his first play, even if he knows days before the game. Let them have to prepare for both to start instead of just worrying about Pribula gimmick plays.
You know Franklin better than that. He'll let us know the status of all injured players on Tuesday.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUCYCLING and Ski
Before this game I was not sure he could pass more than 20 yards, and I am legitimately surprised by how well he threw the ball. I think Allar is absolutely the better qb overall, but Franklin likes qbs in the Trace McSorely mold.

He's got a better arm than Trace (not just a good arm, but accurate as well. ).

One thing I think Pribula does is make average wide receivers better. Allar is more a pocket passer and guys like Clifford can't easily get open for him. Pribula's mobility moves the pocket and changes the angles at which the throws are going to the receivers in relation to the coverage. Plus, he extends plays and when given enough time even an average receiver should beat their coverage. Clifford with no catches with Allar in the game and with 3 catches with Pribula in the game wasn't a coincidence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Delcolion915
Yes, correct. I replied to your lunatic ranting. Thank you for agreeing once.
You replied to my response that was criticizing me about being a Michigan fan--and you weren't actually reading and thought I said I wish we lost because you think I hate Beau--your response made no sense for what you think you responded to

People are saying Beau is better than Allar
He played well tonight
Remember, many of these idiots are the same ones that wanted an open competition this spring.

Beau is second string. Why is he second string?

He did play well tonight.

There should be open competition every spring. Why do you object to competition?

You replied to my response that was criticizing me about being a Michigan fan--and you weren't actually reading and thought I said I wish we lost because you think I hate Beau--your response made no sense for what you think you responded to

I have no idea if you are Michigan fan. If you are, be happy, they won. Frazier's is hopping tonight.

No crutches or ice for Allar. I didn't detect a limp when they showed him at the end of the game but it was hard to tell. Good sign, right? Hopefully he can play next week but I don't want him out there gimpy and ineffective. OSU will smell blood.

Beau is second string. Why is he second string?

He did play well tonight.

There should be open competition every spring. Why do you object to competition?
What does him being the second string have to do with people here think Beau is better
He did play well--not sure why you keep repeating me when I say that
No, there shouldn't be. Allar was established as your starter. If you even suggest that he should compete for the job he needs to leave.
No sane QB that started the previous year should be returning to a competition. Especially one that's an elite NFL prospect.
If Allar comes back next year--there's no competition in the spring.

• Haha
Reactions: NoBareFeet
What does him being the second string have to do with people here think Beau is better
No, there shouldn't be. Allar was established as your starter. If you even suggest that he should compete for the job he needs to leave.
No sane QB that started the previous year should be returning to a competition. Especially one that's an elite NFL prospect.

Second string means he's second string. Get it?

You've never heard the phrase "steel sharpens steel?" See, I knew you never competed. You are a sideline observer of those that have.

No crutches or ice for Allar. I didn't detect a limp when they showed him at the end of the game but it was hard to tell. Good sign, right? Hopefully he can play next week but I don't want him out there gimpy and ineffective. OSU will smell blood.
You get him ready and in a bizarre twist of fate, Franklin's stance on injury actually helps here. They have to prepare for both, and remember this: both Ohio State AND Penn State have injuries right now, and Ohio States starting safety is out for the first half next week because of that targeting call. And while Donkoh is not 100 percent, Ohio State is down to their third string tackle on Carter's side.

I think he might have mental illness at this point.

Agreed, he has real mental issues - he's now claiming people were critical of Allar in favor of Beau??? Complete made-up bullshit - nobody was being critical of Drew... Pribula started 2nd Half because Drew couldn't go, which prompted @ss-stain to start dumping on Beau and saying we were screwed... Pribula performed diametrically opposite of what Always-Wrong troll-boy predicted... but now he was somehow defending Drew with all his trolling posts about Beau, Franklin and PSU being screwed?????

This is it. This is the one. The dumbest post in the history of this site. Congrats!

Reactions: bison13 and m.knox
This is it. This is the one. The dumbest post in the history of this site. Congrats!
We see what happens when QBs are told they have to compete for a job--they go to the portal
Do you really think Allar comes back next year if there's a competition?
We all know he either goes to the NFL or, in that scenario, has to leave--he can't stay and risk losing his job
It's reality of football today
Like I'm selfish happy Beau is willing to stay and sit here when he should have left to play somewhere else. My guess is Beau was told he starts next year and Allar's already told everyone he's entering the draft. Or Beau hasn't realized loyalty only benefits the person you're loyal to--never you

We see what happens when QBs are told they have to compete for a job--they go to the portal
Do you really think Allar comes back next year if there's a competition?
We all know he either goes to the NFL or, in that scenario, has to leave--he can't stay and risk losing his job
It's reality of football today
Like I'm selfish happy Beau is willing to stay and sit here when he should have left to play somewhere else. My guess is Beau was told he starts next year and Allar's already told everyone he's entering the draft. Or Beau hasn't realized loyalty only benefits the person you're loyal to--never you
I think Drew should sit out the rest of the year and get ready for the draft.

Surely you agree?

Know this: Andy Kotelnicki win games at Kansas last year with his FIFTH string quarterback.

This is why he was hired.

The injury I want most right now to fix is Dennis-Sutton: We are going to need him next week. Harris will be fine, that was a shot where you don't want to get hit the most 😂.

Ohio State now needs to prepare for both Allar and Pribula. This is a sort of hidden blessing in disguise for next week.

Know this: Andy Kotelnicki win games at Kansas last year with his FIFTH string quarterback.

The injury I want most right now to fix is Dennis-Sutton: We are going to need him next week. Harris will be fine, that was a shot where you don't want to get hit the most 😂.

Ohio State now needs to prepare for both Allar and Pribula. This is a sort of hidden blessing in disguise

You get him ready and in a bizarre twist of fate, Franklin's stance on injury actually helps here. They have to prepare for both, and remember this: both Ohio State AND Penn State have injuries right now, and Ohio States starting safety is out for the first half next week because of that targeting call. And while Donkoh is not 100 percent, Ohio State is down to their third string tackle on Carter's side.
As long as OSU's 3rd string tackle can hold well, they have no worries with B10 officiating.

Ohio State now needs to prepare for both Allar and Pribula. This is a sort of hidden blessing in disguise
Expect DDS to be out. Groins take forever to heal

Reactions: bison13
Remember: Ohio State will be running out a 2nd string safety for the first half next week, and will be forced to go with either their 3rd string offensive left tackle, or sacrifice that with their second string right guard if they move that guard to tackle. Both scenarios offer Penn State a slight advantage. They already are going without three of their starting o linemen from the Season start......

DDS jogged off the field after they sang the alma mater.
You can often run straight line with a strained groin - it’s the change of directions where you’re really hampered.

Source - I played soccer in college and was plagued with groin strains for a time. They were the worst kind of injury as so hard to test if you’re ready to go. I’m not a Debbie Downer and I hope your optimism is correct

• Nobody is saying Pribula is a better QB than Allar.
  • We all saw some questionable exchanges after Beau came in.
  • And yes, one of his completed passes was risky into a tight window.
but.....
  • He was 11-13, 98 yds, 1 TD and 0 INT.
  • He had 28 yds rushing including a couple of critical 3rd down conversions.
  • He completed a couple of passes for 1st downs by rolling out and using his feet to buy time.
Beau came in under difficult circumstances. All things considered I'd say he was OUTSTANDING!
This is just irrefutable. Without Beau we lose that game. I had a lot of negative things to say about the kid in the past. That game he proved me wrong. The kid was a gamer. I would love it if he continued to prove me wrong.

One thing I think Pribula does is make average wide receivers better. Allar is more a pocket passer and guys like Clifford can't easily get open for him. Pribula's mobility moves the pocket and changes the angles at which the throws are going to the receivers in relation to the coverage. Plus, he extends plays and when given enough time even an average receiver should beat their coverage. Clifford with no catches with Allar in the game and with 3 catches with Pribula in the game wasn't a coincidence.
I was disappointed in the OL last night. They didn't open many holes for the RBs and they certainly didn't give Pribula much time to throw. He was under a lot of pressure so PSU had to use those roll outs to buy him time.

If Beau has to play next week we lose--if I'm wrong I'll own it but the goal this year isn't to beat mid-level teams like Wisconsin it's to beat Ohio State and tonight hurt our chances if Drew can't go
But happy with how Beau played--we simplified things for him thankfully
What a stupid post as though Pribula is incapable of anything but dumb downed QB play. You have a personal issue with him.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT