ADVERTISEMENT

Football INSTANT REACTION: Jaylen Reed, Beau Pribula save the day against Wisconsin

What worries me is if the gimmicky stuff stops working can we line up and drive down the field?
We have taken no shots down field
No running game

Reactions: PSUPride1
Every area as Dylan said--as everyone that knows football would be telling you
You're all so emotional that you can't just analyze the play
We've outgained them so far--and we're losing solely because of a drop and a blocked punt that turned into a first down run and 3 points
We're down 3--that's fine
But he did drop the pass and we are losing. I don't we look good and at some point you're not going to have a great second half after you stink in the first half.

You gotta stop--all week you all were saying how this was a big game
There's no doubt we're the better team. This stuff happens--all the time
We get the ball to start the second half--why is anyone upset right now?
It's a 60 minute game.
Agree......too much panicking around here. We played a flat first half for sure. We'll be better in the second half and will win this. Just wish we could play a complete game for once.

No ... it WAS a hip drop tackle ... which is illegal in the NFL, but not in the NCAA. But it will be, I'm sure.

I thought they did adopt it this year in NCAA.... definitely should be illegal as it is extremely dangerous and can easily lead to a severe compound fracture or torn ligaments.

It's a 60 minute game.
After all, we brought our C game which is all we need. Right Lando?

We don't have great pass rush
We don't have great run blocking
We don't have smart coaches on D.

We will struggle on road.

It's a 60 minute game.
Did you see Allar limp off the field? Have you seen Shelton as a swinging gate in the 1st half? Have you noticed the unacceptable special teams plays? Have you seen all the missed tackles and once again giving up 1st down on 3d & long? Have you noticed we did not adjust to their quick passing scheme? Have you noticed PSUs inability to run the ball? It is a combination of things that have given the home team great momentum. PSU had one good offensive series. No matter the outcome, they do not look like a good football team. Still haven't put a 4 quarter game together.

But he did drop the pass and we are losing. I don't we look good and at some point you're not going to have a great second half after you stink in the first half.
We do look good(ish) better than Wisconsin anyway
You guys get so emotionally invested that you overreact to everything.
The only concerns right now are the health of DDS and Allar

Reactions: mhlarch
Our zone passing coverages are terrible - the players never get their spacing correct and there are massive gaps in our zones. Every single big Wisconsin passing play was against a 3 man rush and just awful zone coverage.

What worries me is if the gimmicky stuff stops working can we line up and drive down the field?
We have taken no shots down field
No running game
I was just telling this to a buddy. This offense doesn’t have an identity in terms of when you need a play what is your #1 that always works. The offense is getting too cute. So many formations and movements but no consistency. Keyword for offense and defense is inconsistency.

Ohio State was losing in the second half today against Nebraska--do they suck?
I understand people want us to dominate but we're clearly the better team--we'll be fine

Rojas gives up outside containment - how on earth do you have bo
That was very close to an illegal "lat drop tackle" on Allar - Wisconsin tackler threw his body across both of Allar's lower legs which is now illegal.
I agree. Allar needs to learn when to quit fighting being tackled and position his body so that he can land on the turf without getting hurt, so these things dont happen.

Last edited:
I thought they did adopt it this year in NCAA.... definitely should be illegal as it is extremely dangerous and can easily lead to a severe compound fracture or torn ligaments.

The NCAA Rules Committee discussed following in the NFL's footsteps and adopting a rule banning the controversial hip-drop tackle this year, CBS Sports has learned. Those talks were tabled, however, as the committee decided it would be too difficult to legislate the rule on the field.

The NFL on Monday adopted a rule against the obscure defensive tactic citing player health and safety concerns. The NCAA Rules Committee has been aware of concerns over hip-drop tackles but decided to keep it on "our active discussion list," according to coordinator of officials Steve Shaw.

"The conclusion from this year's meeting was that we needed a solid definition of the action," Shaw told CBS Sports."[Waiting is] an excellent way to teach players how to avoid this technique and to ensure we can administrate it."

Shaw said it would be difficult for any official to enforce a penalty on the hip drop and explained the rule would add to an already full plate of issues for crews to monitor on any given play. The NFL defines a hip-drop tackle as a defender who "grabs the runner with both hands or wraps with both arms and unweights himself by swiveling and dropping his hips and/or landing on and trapping the runner's leg(s)."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT