ADVERTISEMENT

Is an OC hotboard coming?

I always hated "Success with Honor." Who needs crap like that?

quote-simply-put-success-in-lsu-football-is-essential-for-the-success-of-louisiana-state-university-mark-emmert-64-8-0810.jpg

If Brady is able to turn water into wine.....why didn't it happen when he was here? Why would Franklin ever let such a child genius leave?
Why wouldn't Moorhead have made room for him on his new staff?
Finally, in reality, how many games would it take for Brady to be savaged here......when he doesn't produce an "elite" offense but pulls down 1.75M?

You realize he was a GA at PSU right? He left for a full time gig at the Saints.

If Brady is able to turn water into wine.....why didn't it happen when he was here? Why would Franklin ever let such a child genius leave?
Why wouldn't Moorhead have made room for him on his new staff?
Finally, in reality, how many games would it take for Brady to be savaged here......when he doesn't produce an "elite" offense but pulls down 1.75M?
Well, we are passionate football fans so most of the time we're like reeds shaking in the wind. Something good happens over there i.e. to another team, we want it. Or why can't we have it? I've heard a couple of discussions on the local sports station in Atlanta in recent days where some expert commentators we're suggesting that LSU takes a decent step back next season, compared them to Auburn and their championship run, and performance life after. That they caught lightening in a bottle this year with Burrow and will go back to simply being good. They ended by saying the LSU fans would be good with that trade if it brings them a CFP Championship this year. We'll see if any of that is true. PSU is already SO close, I'd hate to see them burn down the house lusting for the next big thing. I'm sure JF and his players care about getting this right more than we do.

Reactions: marshall23
Well, we are passionate football fans so most of the time we're like reeds shaking in the wind. Something good happens over there i.e. to another team, we want it. Or why can't we have it? I've heard a couple of discussions on the local sports station in Atlanta in recent days where some expert commentators we're suggesting that LSU takes a decent step back next season, compared them to Auburn and their championship run, and performance life after. That they caught lightening in a bottle this year with Burrow and will go back to simply being good. They ended by saying the LSU fans would be good with that trade if it brings them a CFP Championship this year. We'll see if any of that is true. PSU is already SO close, I'd hate to see them burn down the house lusting for the next big thing. I'm sure JF and his players care about getting this right more than we do.
Oh, I'm dead certain that CJF, Staff and players want this for the right reasons.....and put in an endless investment of time and effort into it. I just find it interesting at how obsessed some get about an issue over which we have no control. I trust Franklin to know exactly what and who he wants.

Going tab for DC it seems...
Arkansas: Defensive coordinator Barry Odom is set to make $1.2 million according to the Arkansas Democrat Gazette. The Razorbacks have made his addition to the staff official today.

You realize he was a GA at PSU right? He left for a full time gig at the Saints.

Here's a couple of interesting paragraphs regarding Brady;

Brady studied the Saints offense and has installed much of it with the Saints such as the no-huddle, quick passes by Burrow, including snaps early in the play clock to catch opponents off guard, and more use of the tight end and backs in the passing game. Tight end Thaddeus Moss, for example, caught six for 46 yards at Alabama, and tailback Clyde Edwards-Helaire grabbed nine for 77 yards with a 13-yard touchdown.

Moss, whose father is NFL Hall of Fame wide receiver Randy Moss, has 27 catches for 292 yards and a touchdown on the season - already five more than current Oakland Raider Foster Moreau, who was LSU's top receiving tight end last season with 22 catches for 272 yards and two touchdowns. LSU's leading receiver out of the backfield last season was Nick Brossette with 14 catches for 78 yards. Edwards-Helaire has 28 catches this season for 202 yards and the touchdown.

"What we're trying to do is get the ball out fast, get the ball out in space," Brady said last summer. "What you see in New Orleans is Drew Brees getting the ball out fast. You see him push the ball down the field. We're looking to do the same type of stuff - play action, drop back, utilize our backs and tight ends. When we can, we're going to take shots down the field."

Brady was at the right place at the right time this year. If you read the paragraph directly above it's pretty much what a lot of us have been wanting more of from the offense. I enjoyed watching LSU this year but Burrows made the team what it is. Burrows was a three star QB from Ohio and a 2015 OSU recruit. His completion rating jumped twenty points this year, probably a combo of play calling along with the game slowing down for him. If that's the kind of offense we decide to run it's fine by me but I don't think we need Joe Brady at a million plus to do that

Brady studied the Saints offense and has installed much of it with the Saints such as the no-huddle, quick passes by Burrow, including snaps early in the play clock to catch opponents off guard, and more use of the tight end and backs in the passing game. Tight end Thaddeus Moss, for example, caught six for 46 yards at Alabama, and tailback Clyde Edwards-Helaire grabbed nine for 77 yards with a 13-yard touchdown.

Moss, whose father is NFL Hall of Fame wide receiver Randy Moss, has 27 catches for 292 yards and a touchdown on the season - already five more than current Oakland Raider Foster Moreau, who was LSU's top receiving tight end last season with 22 catches for 272 yards and two touchdowns. LSU's leading receiver out of the backfield last season was Nick Brossette with 14 catches for 78 yards. Edwards-Helaire has 28 catches this season for 202 yards and the touchdown.

"What we're trying to do is get the ball out fast, get the ball out in space," Brady said last summer. "What you see in New Orleans is Drew Brees getting the ball out fast. You see him push the ball down the field. We're looking to do the same type of stuff - play action, drop back, utilize our backs and tight ends. When we can, we're going to take shots down the field."

Brady was at the right place at the right time this year. If you read the paragraph directly above it's pretty much what a lot of us have been wanting more of from the offense. I enjoyed watching LSU this year but Burrows made the team what it is. Burrows was a three star QB from Ohio and a 2015 OSU recruit. His completion rating jumped twenty points this year, probably a combo of play calling along with the game slowing down for him. If that's the kind of offense we decide to run it's fine by me but I don't think we need Joe Brady at a million plus to do that

Very informative, thanks. Good points. We definitely will have the backs and tight ends. Can Clifford execute? If Brady doesn't happen, lots of other good options.

How much option did LSU run?

Brady just gave an interview to an LSU paper a few days ago saying he doesn’t know what the future holds and basically walking back his statement from a week prior that he would definitely be back at LSU.

Maybe he re-ups with them tomorrow. Or maybe Penn State starts paying to get big boy assistants like the Clemson’s, OSU’s, and LSU’s. Main reason Franklin re-upped was financial commitment from PSU to spend money. Well, here we go.

JF and Brady also share the same agent. JF likely knows what it will take to get this done.
James likely talks to Brady regularly, or at least they touch base fairly often.

Oh, I'm dead certain that CJF, Staff and players want this for the right reasons.....and put in an endless investment of time and effort into it. I just find it interesting at how obsessed some get about an issue over which we have no control. I trust Franklin to know exactly what and who he wants.

lol says the guy who obsesses every time someone posts something negative about the OC. The irony!

If anonymous posters on a message board have no control over who gets selected as OC in the end, then what makes you think that these very same posters cribbing about canning the OC will actually make it come true?

I suggest you take a step back and drop this shtick.. its getting old!

Not really sure why nobody has put 2 and 2 together. Franklin heard that USC will become available next year so he bargained for more money this year so USC needs to match that.

Brady will be hired as OC and take over as HC next year.

You guys are silly.

lol says the guy who obsesses every time someone posts something negative about the OC. The irony!

If anonymous posters on a message board have no control over who gets selected as OC in the end, then what makes you think that these very same posters cribbing about canning the OC will actually make it come true?

Best post in the thread!!!

First of all, you are suggesting I take a step back......LOLLOLLOL You?
In addition, I have never defended the "OC" because I feared the fanboys like you would "get him fired." That's an incredible statement. Yep, I hear James is up all night weighing in on what you and cjrugger say, so that he can stay ahead of the curve.
I will continue to read and react to the posts here, especially from those play station coaches like you. Every post is an opportunity to learn.
I hope you find a shiny new object (OC) under the tree and not a bucket of coal....either way you guys will be shitting on them when the season starts. Have an "elite" holiday!

Reactions: sluggo72
I am not making predictions!!! I don't make predictions. But you have to wonder if this OC search starts stretching out longer and longer if they are waiting on Joe Brady to finish with the playoffs. Just throwing it out there.

iu

Based on the assumption from the flights, it looks like PSU has made contacts with the following

Jeff Nixon
Andrew Breiner
Kirk Ciarrocca

Nixon is an interesting one but him and Seider both coaches RB's.

Last edited:
You mean you don't have a wife 2.0 hotboard in your kitchen with some names on it?
I’m still not familiar with the term but understand you usage relative to wife 2.0. Is this a real expression that is popular or did you just make it up?

I’m still not familiar with the term but understand you usage relative to wife 2.0. Is this a real expression that is popular or did you just make it up?
Dan really?? You dont sit around with your friends and ask what if? while having a few beers?? Every year I, along with some friends, go out west skiing. My buddy has 2 lists. One is women (around our town) who we want them to go, and another a list of women around our town, who would be willing to go with us!! The second list is not quite as attractive as the first. It just all in fun.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Dont know what it means but numerous PSU football players CJ Thorpe, Lamont Wade, Pat Freiermuth are all following or being followed by Long. There may be another connection but a few names I saw. Again may be nothing to it.
Nothing to it. Those players were also recruited by Notre Dame and thus would be among his Twitter follows.

Last edited:
I am not making predictions!!! I don't make predictions. But you have to wonder if this OC search starts stretching out longer and longer if they are waiting on Joe Brady to finish with the playoffs. Just throwing it out there.

iu
The longer it goes on, the more likely it’s a higher profile hire from a team that still has things to play for.

For example, if Burrow is an option, you think he will abandon LSU and their CFP run? Doesn’t work like that.
it’s been mentioned before. Top of page 2 of this thread.

100% it’s a team charter aircraft not someone going on interviews or just flying around.
So sometimes these planes sit at an airport waiting for another charter for a couple of days after dropping off the women's volleyball team? I thought they'd just fly around empty wasting fuel waiting for their next charter. ;)

So sometimes these planes sit at an airport waiting for another charter for a couple of days after dropping off the women's volleyball team? I thought they'd just fly around empty wasting fuel waiting for their next charter. ;)
I don’t understand what you’re trying to relay here.

I'll confess. I've chartered a few just to fly into and out of several prominent college towns just to sow additional confusion. There was actually no one on board beyond the crews.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion

iu
Joe Brady has no more incentive at LSU other than $$$ to prove anything, Heisman winning QB, playoffs, etc. If he were to do that at another school, taking an established QB, taking that team to the playoffs, as an OC, his next step will be a HC, no doubt. It would be a smart move on his part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT