ADVERTISEMENT

Is an OC hotboard coming?

I'm in agreement with you. Just curious how the plane ended up in State College. Was it via California from our WVB game vs. Stanford? ;)
No, it actually came from Indianapolis. I didn’t track it from there. It probably sat in state college for mandated crew rest. It then went to Waco for unexplainable purposes. Went to Melbourne Florida last night (home base). Melbourne back to Waco this am and then on its way to Pittsburgh today.

Idk. It just has nothing to do with football. The costs of flying a crj vs a Cessna citation are worlds apart.

Could be that they don’t hire anyone at all.
I would not have been surprised with an internal promotion. This would still have required a likely QB coach hire. That would fit with a Marcus Brady type hire. It is still possible, with CJF choosing to make a formal announcement when the QB Coach hire is complete. However, the longer it goes, it is fair to speculate that it could be someone who is currently coaching and wants to complete the season with his current team. It also tends to underscore the idea that RR's departure was not anticipated by CJF, lest he would have been "out in front of things."
Without regard to the ultimate choice, I would be stunned to see a hire that strays from the Moorhead type offense currently employed, Not saying that there couldn't or wouldn't be adjustments, but this is the O that CJF has recruited for and the personnel fits. It would be exciting to plug in a "high profile" type coach, but I think its fair to say a surprise or "under the radar" coach is more likely.

THAT meltdown would be epic- I'd pay for a front row seat to that
Odds are, there will be a meltdown. One way or the other. Even if they get the shiny new object, then it will come with the first offensive sputter next season.

Dan really?? You dont sit around with your friends and ask what if? while having a few beers?? Every year I, along with some friends, go out west skiing. My buddy has 2 lists. One is women (around our town) who we want them to go, and another a list of women around our town, who would be willing to go with us!! The second list is not quite as attractive as the first. It just all in fun.
I do understand the concept, and my friends and I do point out/acknowledge beautiful women (or just women who theoretically are at the right place and time) when appropriate. We don’t usually make lists and I’ve never heard that phrase before this thread.

Reactions: sluggo72
Odds are, there will be a meltdown. One way or the other. Even if they get the shiny new object, then it will come with the first offensive sputter next season.
Oh my god dude, leave it alone. We get it, you think the fans turn on the coaches to much. You dont need to post this 10 times a day. Yes, fans want a new OC right or wrong, and yes, the new OC will have the same level of scrutiny....that is why they call them (fan)atics.

Reactions: psu skp
Oh my god dude, leave it alone. We get it, you think the fans turn on the coaches to much. You dont need to post this 10 times a day. Yes, fans want a new OC right or wrong, and yes, the new OC will have the same level of scrutiny....that is why they call them (fan)atics.
I just want to be an elite fan.

That is a Canadair Regional Jet 700. To put things into perspective, the Alabama basketball team chartered an elite airways CRJ-200 to fly to state college, which is about 20’ shorter than this plane to Waco. 100% it’s a team charter aircraft not someone going on interviews or just flying around.

cal-jet-elite-818x360.jpg

38490_1440326465.jpg
Maybe it's modified with a pool table, hot tub and wet bar... asking for a friend ;) ;)

Reactions: jim cummings
First of all, you are suggesting I take a step back......LOLLOLLOL You?
In addition, I have never defended the "OC" because I feared the fanboys like you would "get him fired." That's an incredible statement. Yep, I hear James is up all night weighing in on what you and cjrugger say, so that he can stay ahead of the curve.
I will continue to read and react to the posts here, especially from those play station coaches like you. Every post is an opportunity to learn.
I hope you find a shiny new object (OC) under the tree and not a bucket of coal....either way you guys will be shitting on them when the season starts. Have an "elite" holiday!

Yea, me! Seriously, I sometimes doubt you are who you say you are.. A High School coach for a bunch of years and then an Athletic Director for another bunch of years. If that's true, you are probably in your mid-50's or early 60's. I can honestly say, i have never seen an adult act like a child on a message board.. and over what? a few handful of fans complaining about the coaches? really? Especially when nothing the fans say will actually have any possible impact on a coach's immediate or near future.

And for the record, i haven't and wont post anything bad about a coach as this is their livelihood and means to put food on the table for their family. If i have anything bad to say about a coach, i'll say it in my head and let it go. I sure as hell wont start posting rubbish on a message board. So don't club me into the vocal minority crowd.

P.S. - I think you are missing my point. Fans will keep complaining about coaches all the time. It happens! But by you getting into a pissing contest with them and responding to them 10 times everyday gets tiring after some time for the rest of us who just want to read, in peace, what different people have to say. We get it that you don't like them complaining and having the coaches head after every play, but just let it go. There is no need to reply to them.

Reactions: RLCookie
Yea, me! Seriously, I sometimes doubt you are who you say you are.. A High School coach for a bunch of years and then an Athletic Director for another bunch of years. If that's true, you are probably in your mid-50's or early 60's. I can honestly say, i have never seen an adult act like a child on a message board.. and over what? a few handful of fans complaining about the coaches? really? Especially when nothing the fans say will actually have any possible impact on a coach's immediate or near future.

And for the record, i haven't and wont post anything bad about a coach as this is their livelihood and means to put food on the table for their family. If i have anything bad to say about a coach, i'll say it in my head and let it go. I sure as hell wont start posting rubbish on a message board. So don't club me into the vocal minority crowd.

P.S. - I think you are missing my point. Fans will keep complaining about coaches all the time. It happens! But by you getting into a pissing contest with them and responding to them 10 times everyday gets tiring after some time for the rest of us who just want to read, in peace, what different people have to say. We get it that you don't like them complaining and having the coaches head after every play, but just let it go. There is no need to reply to them.

Actually, I'm 70. If you doubt anything I have posted here about my time as a coach, athletic director, league administrator and state chairperson of the NYSPHSAA Officials Coordinating Committee......that's fine or you can message me and I can give you the info to google. If you click on my avatar above, you can read the inscription on the photo from Bo Jackson, which has my name on it and a reference to my coaching.
Personally, I don't really give a shit what you think of me or my posts. But if you wish to challenge anything I have written here about my experiences or my career.....I have nothing to hide. Unlike many here I don't fire and duck. I use Marshall which is my given middle name. My last name is on the avatar.

I fail to see why I should just accept that fans "complain about coaches all the time....." and I should simply accept this and not respond. I choose to defend them when I feel they are entitled to it. Let me ask, as you have taken the authority to chastise me...how is my defense of the coaches any less childish than "fans complaining about coaches all the time?"
I have a perspective that most (not all) don't have and I participate in order to offer that as a balance to the ranting from fanatics. If you have an issue with that, simply put me on ignore.

Actually, I'm 70. If you doubt anything I have posted here about my time as a coach, athletic director, league administrator and state chairperson of the NYSPHSAA Officials Coordinating Committee......that's fine or you can message me and I can give you the info to google. If you click on my avatar above, you can read the inscription on the photo from Bo Jackson, which has my name on it and a reference to my coaching.
Personally, I don't really give a shit what you think of me or my posts. But if you wish to challenge anything I have written here about my experiences or my career.....I have nothing to hide. Unlike many here I don't fire and duck. I use Marshall which is my given middle name. My last name is on the avatar.

I fail to see why I should just accept that fans "complain about coaches all the time....." and I should simply accept this and not respond. I choose to defend them when I feel they are entitled to it. Let me ask, as you have taken the authority to chastise me...how is my defense of the coaches any less childish than "fans complaining about coaches all the time?"
I have a perspective that most (not all) don't have and I participate in order to offer that as a balance to the ranting from fanatics. If you have an issue with that, simply put me on ignore.

First of all, calm down. I am not chastising you, I was suggesting something. And i am no authority on this board to force you to do or not do something. Just like you, there are a bunch of us who also don't like all the complaining/whining against the coaches. Its just that we choose not to spend the time and effort to reply to each and every post gunning to can a coach after each and every play. We just ignore those posts and move on to the next post. Because at the end of the day, whats the point of it? You or I cannot convince them to see our point of view and neither can they convince us. But that's what makes different points of view interesting, however ridiculous they might be.

Anyways, if you feel the need to reply to each and every one of those posts, then fine.. go ahead! I cannot stop you from doing that. And no, i'm not going to ignore someone just because i don't see eye to eye with them on something.

P.S. - You are around the same age my dad (bless his soul) would have been. If i have disrespected you, then i apologize as that was not my intention.

First of all, calm down. I am not chastising you, I was suggesting something. And i am no authority on this board to force you to do or not do something. Just like you, there are a bunch of us who also don't like all the complaining/whining against the coaches. Its just that we choose not to spend the time and effort to reply to each and every post gunning to can a coach after each and every play. We just ignore those posts and move on to the next post. Because at the end of the day, whats the point of it? You or I cannot convince them to see our point of view and neither can they convince us. But that's what makes different points of view interesting, however ridiculous they might be.

Anyways, if you feel the need to reply to each and every one of those posts, then fine.. go ahead! I cannot stop you from doing that. And no, i'm not going to ignore someone just because i don't see eye to eye with them on something.

P.S. - You are around the same age my dad (bless his soul) would have been. If i have disrespected you, then i apologize as that was not my intention.
Thank you for your explanation and apology. I am old but not senile. I am aware that my "counter posts" annoy many. In fact, that is part of why I enjoy doing it. My life experiences as a high school player, below average college player and high school jack of all trades (coach AD etc.) are in no way offered in an attempt to equate my accomplishments or experiences to those of say CJF. I am fully aware, that his plate is 10,000 times more crowded than mine ever was or will be. But, in a small way, I have been "in the arena" and choose to challenge unfair criticisms of the PSU coaching staff. So, if I am 10,000 times less informed and capable than CJF, what does that make the average fanatic who posts here?
Football is competitive and some of the variables are players, coaches and referees. They are all human. They are not computer components. As such none of them are perfect.
I love PSU football and have for 60 years. I'm amazed at what Franklin has done and as long as he keeps the foundation of "Success with Honor" and continues on the path he has taken since he took over, I will support him. Quite frankly, I don't know where he finds the energy and wisdom to function at the level he does year round.

Reactions: pkg5002
Thank you for your explanation and apology. I am old but not senile. I am aware that my "counter posts" annoy many. In fact, that is part of why I enjoy doing it. My life experiences as a high school player, below average college player and high school jack of all trades (coach AD etc.) are in no way offered in an attempt to equate my accomplishments or experiences to those of say CJF. I am fully aware, that his plate is 10,000 times more crowded than mine ever was or will be. But, in a small way, I have been "in the arena" and choose to challenge unfair criticisms of the PSU coaching staff. So, if I am 10,000 times less informed and capable than CJF, what does that make the average fanatic who posts here?
Football is competitive and some of the variables are players, coaches and referees. They are all human. They are not computer components. As such none of them are perfect.
I love PSU football and have for 60 years. I'm amazed at what Franklin has done and as long as he keeps the foundation of "Success with Honor" and continues on the path he has taken since he took over, I will support him. Quite frankly, I don't know where he finds the energy and wisdom to function at the level he does year round.

Ahh ok, got it! Sure, then go ahead.

So i'm less than half your age, but if i can even achieve half of the things you have, by the time my working career is done, I think i would consider myself quite successful. 60 years? Damn, you probably forget more about football in one day than i can possibly know till now. I am sure there are lot of PSU fans like you and PSU is lucky to have all of you. Btw, even though i didnt grow up in the US, i'm a die hard PSU fan (5th member from my family to go there). I intend to support PSU through the ups and downs!

And i agree with you, i really dont understand where JF gets all this energy to look after the program at such a high level of success. Its truly incredible! We are really lucky to have him. I also know he will make the best decision on who he is going to hire as the OC. I am just getting antsy to find out who it is. Love all the speculating on all the candidates.

Reactions: marshall23
.... It is fair to speculate that it could be someone who is currently coaching and wants to complete the season with his current team. It also tends to underscore the idea that RR's departure was not anticipated by CJF, lest he would have been "out in front of things.".
Taking what CJF said at face value, RR’s departure was more anticipated than many of us believed at the time. I like the theory above, FWIW.

OC wasn’t an issue with our 27 signees.

Well this thread is about dead. Can we start a separate thread to boast about accolades however irrelevant they may be

Reactions: jim cummings
I didn't count the # of offensive recruits,,,,however, no decommits as a result of RR leaving. IMO, its because CJF reassured them that the O is not going to change substantially from the one they were being brought in to play. The new OC will have some new wrinkles I'm sure, but its foundations will be what Franklin brought Moorhead in to implement..

Reactions: flash86
I didn't count the # of offensive recruits,,,,however, no decommits as a result of RR leaving. IMO, its because CJF reassured them that the O is not going to change substantially from the one they were being brought in to play. The new OC will have some new wrinkles I'm sure, but its foundations will be what Franklin brought Moorhead in to implement..
CJF knows the offense needs to take another step forward and there will be some changes.

Caller that knows Adam Brenneman tonight on Blue/White Thursday on HBG: PS is willing to pay Joe Brady more than any other assistant in the history of the program to become the next OC. Franklin is requiring a two year commitment from Brady however. LSU will counter but the allure at PS is that he is the OC, something he is not at LS.

Caller that knows Adam Brenneman tonight on Blue/White Thursday on HBG: PS is willing to pay Joe Brady more than any other assistant in the history of the program to become the next OC. Franklin is requiring a two year commitment from Brady however. LSU will counter but the allure at PS is that he is the OC, something he is not at LS.

Not sure what that means. The highest paid assistant "in the history of the program" was Shoop at $1mm++. Obviously, it's going to take more than that to land Brady. Should be interesting.

Agree that a possible hook is that Brady won't have to share the keys to the limo.

My dog once pissed in the lawn of a guy who used to have a cousin who fixed the car of one of the assistant coaches.
He (my dog) said the same thing..... I think - though my Labrador is a little rusty.

(FWIW: My gut hunch is that Brady is going to be heavily courted by CJF.... and I wouldn’t be shocked if he ended up at PSU. CJF is not stupid, I don’t think.
Of course, Marshall’s head would explode :) )

Benefits abound.

Reactions: stormingnorm
Not sure what that means. The highest paid assistant "in the history of the program" was Shoop at $1mm++. Obviously, it's going to take more than that to land Brady. Should be interesting.

Agree that a possible hook is that Brady won't have to share the keys to the limo.

It’s not Shoop any longer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT