ADVERTISEMENT

Is the line really this bad or is scheme Limegrover or a combo of all of the above?

Line sucks but any delayed handoff calls are just plain stupid.....hello JoMo

Reactions: bdgan
Line sucks. Offensive playcalling is taking a square peg round hole approach instead of trying to compensate. Bad combination.

Reactions: psu00
The playcalling is very "the beatings will continue until morale improves" sorta thought process.

Some of the current OL starters have played a lot of football at PSU. Makes you wonder if they are headed for individual improvement or if Limegrover and CJF should be replacing them with even younger players to see if they can take a leap forward with playing time..... but I don't see practice and CJF undoubtedly wants to win as bad as we want PSU to win so I guess we have to trust the process.....

I wonder if we are recruiting the right kind of O linesman for our offense? It seems we'd be better off with quick and athletic OL rather than big bruisers that try to pancake block.

Teams that use RPO usually don't have an all-world RB like Barkley. They usually feature really good QBs, receivers, and backs coming out of the backfield for passes. It's not a system you would build around an all-world RB.

It's a weird situation that the RPO was brought in mostly to overhaul a dysfunctional offense with a poor OL but found itself not able to completely take advantage of someone like Barkley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT