ADVERTISEMENT

Jets planning to make run at Jim Harbaugh

I don’t see him leaving Michigan for the perpetual disaster that is the NY Jets.

Reactions: TheGLOV
As a Michigan fan, I think it's good NFL teams are clamoring for our coach and have no chance of getting him. But Jim Harbaugh just made a statement to squash all these rumors that he has zero interest in leaving Michigan. Then two weeks later this comes out. It gets old.

In terms of winning percentage, he probably has a nice record. But, what has the guy ever actually won? NFC championship with the Niners, anything else?

Sure the Jets might throw a lot of money at him, but it's not like he's hurting financially. How much money is enough?

Reactions: step.eng69
As a Michigan fan, I think it's good NFL teams are clamoring for our coach and have no chance of getting him. But Jim Harbaugh just made a statement to squash all these rumors that he has zero interest in leaving Michigan. Then two weeks later this comes out. It gets old.
As a fellow Michigan fan.....coaches make big statements about not leaving all the time and then eventually leave. That said, I have a tough time seeing Jim leave *this* off season given the comments he made a couple weeks ago. Still, next off season (and everyone after) will be much of the same and we’ll see for how long he keeps making strong statements about staying.

Last edited:
Reactions: step.eng69
Harbaugh saying that he's staying means nothing. Just like any coach saying that he's staying means nothing but he's not going to take the Jets job. Maybe the Packers because of Aaron Rodgers but you don't leave the control he has at Michigan for the disaster that is the Jets. If Harbaugh takes the Jets job he's an idiot.

Quick-someone check the Jets future schedule. See if they play at the Colts.

This way Harbaugh will finally be able to take his team to Indianapolis.

733502-C8-F347-4-A0-A-BBAD-2-D23-BE4-DCBC9.gif

i have no love for Michigan or for Harbaugh but yeah it gets old hearing Franklin named as a possible candidate for every cfb job under the sun too so i get where you're coming from

While we all enjoy the Harbaugh to Jets rumor let's prepare ourselves for some James Franklin to the NFL rumors. Black coaches could be fired by the Broncos, the Cardinals, the Jets and the Bengals. Tomlin should be fired by the Steelers as well but we know how that goes.

David Shaw and Dino Babers names likely come up as well. Only 13 FBS black coaches so limited options. I don't think there's any chance that Franklin or Shaw jump but, to avoid the meltdown, let's prepare for inevitability that Franklin's name is thrown around.

Harbaugh saying that he's staying means nothing. Just like any coach saying that he's staying means nothing but he's not going to take the Jets job. Maybe the Packers because of Aaron Rodgers but you don't leave the control he has at Michigan for the disaster that is the Jets. If Harbaugh takes the Jets job he's an idiot.

With all due respect, he’s already an idiot!

I don't see Harbaugh as a guy who would be comfortable in NYC. Everyone knows the media there is brutal and there are times when his PCs are cringe worthy; other times he is an articulate guy. I also sense he enjoys being BMOC in Ann Arbor. While their fan base has been rough on him at times the reality is barring a total collapse he can coach there for the next 20 years if he chooses to. So I think he stays at UM. That said, all coaches have an ego and certainly any coach would be intrigued by the Jets job. They also have a great young QB to build around.

While we all enjoy the Harbaugh to Jets rumor let's prepare ourselves for some James Franklin to the NFL rumors. Black coaches could be fired by the Broncos, the Cardinals, the Jets and the Bengals. Tomlin should be fired by the Steelers as well but we know how that goes.

David Shaw and Dino Babers names likely come up as well. Only 13 FBS black coaches so limited options. I don't think there's any chance that Franklin or Shaw jump but, to avoid the meltdown, let's prepare for inevitability that Franklin's name is thrown around.
Indeed. Let us prepare collectively. You truly are a sage. Those who heed your words of wisdom will benefit in the coming days.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Indeed. Let us prepare collectively. You truly are a sage. Those who heed your words of wisdom will benefit in the coming days.

Just trying to prevent the ridiculous meltdown like we saw about USC. It's futile I know but I'm still going to try.

We get this with our coach every year. I will say that I would not be surprised in the least if Jimbo jumped. If you don’t think he wouln’t just because of what he said a few weeks ago you are crazy - if his mouth is moving he is lying.

Strategically speaking, the Jets are not a bad option. The NFL is a QB driven league. Brady will not be around forever. There is a good chance that when Brady goes, the Patriots will suffer the fate of other NFL teams who do not have a QB. Regardless of how great Belichick is. If the Pats are due for a down cycle, then that leaves the Bills and Dolphins in your division. The Dolphins are back in QB search mode because it looks like Tannehill is a turd. That leaves Bills and jets as the 2 AFC East team who MAYBE have a good young franchise QB..... IF Jimmy thinks that Darnold is a franchise caliber QB, then he could be looking at ruling the AFC East with Darnold as the Pats and Dolphins search for a QB and the Bills figure out Allen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT