ADVERTISEMENT

just read an article stating PSU is odds on favorite to get Wimbush

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
in the new college football player lottery. I really doubt that but who knows.

I would be very disappointed if Wimbush were told that there’s a spot for him here.
Context matters and there's a lot we still want to see from Tommy Stevens before being confident that we're set at QB in 2019.

I would be very disappointed if Wimbush were told that there’s a spot for him here.

My initial reaction here is agreement, but TS has spent a lot of time on the DL and just missed the bowl. What if he is done
..retired? I think I'd still like to see what we have in Clifford, but I think I'd be a bit more open even with the Irish failure.

Need someone to run that Lion package on offense now that Stevens is qb.

Context matters and there's a lot we still want to see from Tommy Stevens before being confident that we're set at QB in 2019.
I agree.

Sean Clifford appears to be the “Third Coming” of Todd Blackledge and John Shaffer, provided Franklin has the wisdom to recognize same.

He’s very composed and obviously competent “in the pocket” without having to unnecessarily run around with the football.

Last edited:
Never! Sounds like sloppy seconds and admission that you can not recruit QBs. If this happens, it is a huge recruiting setback. We have a very good QB roster 2019. Sounds like BS to me.

Reactions: 91Joe95
OMG what is up with the folks that don't want Wimbush. I hope he comes for sure. Why can coaches leave when making millions and a 17 or 18 year old be told he can't change his mind. Nobody is sorry that we flipped Mc Sorely are they? So we can let Michigan and Ohio State get an edge on us when we have only won 2 of 6 in the post sanctions years.

Never! Sounds like sloppy seconds and admission that you can not recruit QBs. If this happens, it is a huge recruiting setback. We have a very good QB roster 2019. Sounds like BS to me.
78b.gif

Sloppy Seconds Rule! Hennnnhhh, Hennnnnnh!

Are we desperate? Someone has to be trolling Penn State with that article. With the high level of faith I have in this staff that would be about the dumbest decision they could make. Our ideal should be Trevor Lawrence type talent or some where close to that. Not someone who was second best on their own team. Franklin already has to refine young Michael Johnson's passing ability why would he want to do the same for a similar talent?

Out of our 2 former QB commits, gotta admit I'd much rather have Fields than Wimbush. Can we trade him
and the rights to Isheem Young to Columbus straight up? Also, both QB's are required to get a tattoo that states, "You've made your bed, now lie in it".

Reactions: BBrown and JoeFi
Makes NO sense
We have what we need with our current 5 scholarship QBs. I don't want PSU going down that road for QBs when they have plenty of excellent prospects on the team. It would be like throwing a stick into bicycle spokes, no good result.

Reactions: Dave1649
No thanks! I know there has only been a few but every deep ball I’ve seen Clifford throw has been right on the money! Only transfer I would have considered worth risking him leave was Fields.

I agree.

Sean Clifford appears to be the “Third Coming” of Todd Blackledge and John Shaffer, provided Franklin has the wisdom to recognize same.

He’s very composed and obviously competent “in the pocket” without having to unnecessarily run around with the football.
Even then, the context around why Wimbush would come here is important. If it happens, then I doubt he’d be told anything more than you can come and compete. No guarantees.

Out of our 2 former QB commits, gotta admit I'd much rather have Fields than Wimbush. Can we trade him
and the rights to Isheem Young to Columbus straight up? Also, both QB's are required to get a tattoo that states, "You've made your bed, now lie in it".
No thanks on either, they both had the chance to choose Penn State and chose others.

The tatoo requirement, that is some funny stuff :)

I realize it was a limited sample size, but Clifford has looked pretty good to me in the limited game reps he has gotten. He looks like a very accurate passer.

I realize it was a limited sample size, but Clifford has looked pretty good to me in the limited game reps he has gotten. He looks like a very accurate passer.

I agree he has looked good in the limited snaps he's had. I really have a good vibe for Clifford himself. The thing that worries me is Clifford behind our offensive line. I don't see TM or TS's running ability. I think having that running threat has allowed our offense to succeed. I know Clifford isn't a complete statue but we will loose a real running threat. Our Oline will need to step up with him at QB. The running threat of TM and TS have hidden some real blemishes with the Oline. This worries me.

No thanks! I know there has only been a few but every deep ball I’ve seen Clifford throw has been right on the money! Only transfer I would have considered worth risking him leave was Fields.
Clifford is better than Fields.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT