ADVERTISEMENT

KYPSW 2021-22

Well, Random, you win some and lose some. Sorry, but you got knocked off the podium with the new scores. The tie between tominsc and Zep remained tied, so same result there.

00-IDgXAEv10fi3d6CutAHsCUruQn3n2VjXTpFOnYnEYjkzwU8kiYOeZARDRYckY0l6Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ
I think you somehow cheated me!! Let’s settle this on the mat! I’ll even drive from my redneck town down to you in Tennessee!!!!!!

If there was ever a year that showed the effect of the big points from Nationals, this was it. It jumped several way up the leaderboard, and was devastating to a couple of frontrunners.

98lber got his wish, and ended up on the podium at 8th. ZepGraffiti plays podium rock in the 7th position, with Verolion bringing up 6th.

At 5th, and special mention, is tomsc. Tomsc is the ONLY returning podium finisher from last year, I believe. The other sc, nittinsc, comes in at number 4.

And, in the bronze position, we have philflyboy. Silver is picked up by one of the originators of the contest, but someone who hasn't played the last couple of years, slushhead.

And, standing at the top of the podium, the dominating performance of psueb52! Congratulations, eb, you are the KYPSW 2021-22 Champion! You get the bragging rights, and all of the other great prizes that go along with it, which pretty much means you get the bragging rights.

Finally, the award that has to be given, but the one that no one wants, the Minkle. This is given to the player that played every week, plus B1G and NCAA, but just came up short, way short. This used to also be known as the ***** prize, but you can't say ***** anymore. The winner of the, um, esteemed, Minkle Award is Nittany Sluggo. In a new twist this year, Nittany Sluggo will be providing the prize to psueb52. I'm sure it will be in the mails soon.

Thanks for playing, and as always, if you find errors, please let me know.

00-IDgXAEv10fi3d6CutAHsCUruQn3n2VjXTpFOnYnEYjnKZYEWsdHJy8fVhobv7m5uV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

Thanks for continuing the tradition @pawrestlersintn — it’s a big commitment to manage this week in and week out for an entire season.

One note I might add regarding how the cumulative point-scoring structure was designed . . . This was set up to at least attempt to mimic the actual NCAA wrestling season framework. Not just in the fact there is a Dual component, Conference Championship component, and National Championship component in name, but also in the weighting of the relative importance of each as one builds toward the finish.

Duals matter — there are significant points there to help establish a baseline. However, it is possible to be out most of the season and then show up in a significant way at Conference Championship and National Championship to finish the season as an AA (kinda like a certain former Stanford wrestler — or James English, if you prefer a PSU example). You put yourself in better position to AA or even be Season Champ in this contest if you put in the work during the dual season and participate in the conference championship. But it’s the national tourney that really dictates whether you make the podium. Trying to peak at the right time is a fun analogy in this game.

The Minkel award has always been part of the fun. In light of the “peaking at the right time” concept above, it could be fun to add a Triple C award and a TnT award in the future. 😉

Thanks for all your work on this. It has become a favorite pastime. I noticed the BIGs results aren't showing, can you repost?

If there was ever a year that showed the effect of the big points from Nationals, this was it. It jumped several way up the leaderboard, and was devastating to a couple of frontrunners.

98lber got his wish, and ended up on the podium at 8th. ZepGraffiti plays podium rock in the 7th position, with Verolion bringing up 6th.

At 5th, and special mention, is tomsc. Tomsc is the ONLY returning podium finisher from last year, I believe. The other sc, nittinsc, comes in at number 4.

And, in the bronze position, we have philflyboy. Silver is picked up by one of the originators of the contest, but someone who hasn't played the last couple of years, slushhead.

And, standing at the top of the podium, the dominating performance of psueb52! Congratulations, eb, you are the KYPSW 2021-22 Champion! You get the bragging rights, and all of the other great prizes that go along with it, which pretty much means you get the bragging rights.

Finally, the award that has to be given, but the one that no one wants, the Minkle. This is given to the player that played every week, plus B1G and NCAA, but just came up short, way short. This used to also be known as the ***** prize, but you can't say ***** anymore. The winner of the, um, esteemed, Minkle Award is Nittany Sluggo. In a new twist this year, Nittany Sluggo will be providing the prize to psueb52. I'm sure it will be in the mails soon.

00-IDgXAEv10fi3d6CutAHsCUruQn3n2VjXTpFOnYnEYjnKZYEWsdHJy8fVhobv7m5uV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw
Well, @pawrestlersintn, once again I see you managed to keep my name out your forkin mouth on the KYPSW stage. #AlwaysABridesmaidNeverABride :p😂

As always, thx for keeping this fun going!

999? Hmmph. You couldn't have found one more point for me? LOL.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
First year I actually remembered to do the picks after match one or two. The game was a lot of fun and glad to have played. Thanks for all the hard work you put into keeping score! Feeling blessed to make the podium year one.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
Weird... Got a few selfies from Pa wrestler and asked wth.... He said I won a contest here..
I'm not sure I understand I didn't play last year...
Hopefully I don't win this year.

ADVERTISEMENT