ADVERTISEMENT

Lee's Letter

I thought we had a decent chance with him...you all have seen my Terry as his coach rants. But I would not have been surprised had he ended up at PSU because...why not? You all have been owning it and its close to home. Sometimes it just comes down to a feel or instinct. I think Mark Hall was a tOSU guy all the way, at least that's what I was hearing and then about a week before he committed, it was straight up PSU. He walked on campus and it was home.

Reactions: NLBSix
Spencer seems like such a great person well beyond his elite wrestling talent. Sky is the limit for him. He will graduate HS as one of the best ever . Very impressive

Also just watched Teasdale vs Roman Bravo Young. Another incredible talent. These guys have skill and instincts you just can't coach.

Great letter. These coaches never learn with this negative recruiting crap. Probably never will. Negative is so easy. Being great is hard.

Spencer continues to choose the road less traveled and it will be to his benefit in the end.

Great letter. These coaches never learn with this negative recruiting crap. Probably never will. Negative is so easy. Being great is hard.

Spencer continues to choose the road less traveled and it will be to his benefit in the end.
Unfortunately that's just the way of the world, and it's not confined to athletics.

At a few Penn State Career Fairs, undergrad engineering and business majors have told me that my company's biggest competitors negatively recruited against us.

Each time, I ask the students if they want to be associated with that message (they don't). I emphasize our strengths (and I'm dumb enough to be honest about our shortcomings). And I remind our recruiting team that it exists and we're better than that.

Maybe Spyker needs to start attending as many Iowa practices as he does PSU practices!;) But that's our Spyker!!
Spyker is craftier than he is given credit for. Lee was just a Spyker and Cael feint, to conceal Cael's real strategy, which Spyker will reveal in a few days.;)

Thought this was pretty cool and shows how close it was with Cael and PSU.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ncer-lee-iowa-wrestling-open-letter/83310680/

Thanks for posting. Great letter. Classy kid. I know it's early, but do you know where all these guys fall in the future lineup. Right now you have Lee, Mejia and Renteria all about to finish their junior years and all 120 pound wrestlers. Then you throw Teasdale in the mix a year behind and he just wrestled 113. I can see them at 125 and 133, but is 141 a stretch for any of these guys. I see Lee a career 125 pounder. He will never be bigger than 133. I feel the same about Teasdale and Mejia. Not sure about Renteria. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Someone posted before Spencer's announcement that a package deal with him and Gavin would be a deciding factor. It doesn't appear, from the video, that Cael made an offer to Gavin. Not yet anyway.
Gavin, being only a sophomore, is making him an offer even allowed?

Thanks for posting. Great letter. Classy kid. I know it's early, but do you know where all these guys fall in the future lineup. Right now you have Lee, Mejia and Renteria all about to finish their junior years and all 120 pound wrestlers. Then you throw Teasdale in the mix a year behind and he just wrestled 113. I can see them at 125 and 133, but is 141 a stretch for any of these guys. I see Lee a career 125 pounder. He will never be bigger than 133. I feel the same about Teasdale and Mejia. Not sure about Renteria. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Lee is likely a 125. Teasdale looked much thicker than Lee yesterday and reports including this sight before the announcement had him growing quite a bit still. I think he ends up 141 with an outside shot at 149. Mejia is likely a 125/133. Renteria I could see 133/141. If a guy or two qualifies for an olympic shirt down the road you need people then too.

Right now, nothing is in stone...as is often the issue over here with Cael, these are first world problem to have. I agree with you on Lee but the other guys can eat and lift to their hearts content instead of continually cutting. I gained 20 pounds and 2" summer before my senior year. A "good" prediction where everybody has a spot would be bias on my part. A "bad" one where all the guys stay the same weight the same for opposing fans. We just don't know.

Reactions: burnsie1983
Lee is likely a 125. Teasdale looked much thicker than Lee yesterday and reports including this sight before the announcement had him growing quite a bit still. I think he ends up 141 with an outside shot at 149. Mejia is likely a 125/133. Renteria I could see 133/141. If a guy or two qualifies for an olympic shirt down the road you need people then too.

Thanks

Right now, nothing is in stone...as is often the issue over here with Cael, these are first world problem to have. I agree with you on Lee but the other guys can eat and lift to their hearts content instead of continually cutting. I gained 20 pounds and 2" summer before my senior year. A "good" prediction where everybody has a spot would be bias on my part. A "bad" one where all the guys stay the same weight the same for opposing fans. We just don't know.
Sheeeet, that ain't nuthin bro! I gained30 pounds and added 3" around my gut during Christmas season alone! @Azchief32

Reactions: Azchief32
Very nice letter from young Mr. Lee, other than the dubious statement about loving the state of Pennsylvania.

Iowa got Spencer.

It does not mean Mejia is growing, and it does not mean Teasdale is growing.

It means Iowa has Spencer, that's all it means.

Iowa got Spencer.

It does not mean Mejia is growing, and it does not mean Teasdale is growing.

It means Iowa has Spencer, that's all it means.

And at the same time... Penn State's trophy case is GROWING... bigger every year. I expect Sandy Barbour needing to erect a separate Hall of Fame building to house them all and then to have to add separate new steel beams in Rec Hall to facilitate the hanging of additional new National Championship banners. If only I believed in hyperbole. o_O

Ohio State brought a World Champ out of red shirt and went all in to overcome Penn State's overwhelming dominance. How did that work out for Ohio State? Penn State had the championship finished conveniently before the finals. And Iowa is no Ohio State... nor will it be.

Last edited:
Very eloquent letter, congratulations Mr. Lee.

Well now that that's over, let's kick his buttocks on the mat!!

Don't forget what J Rob has done at Minny either!

Are you referring to JRob's unbeaten 5-0-1 dual record vs Cael's PSU team? Or to Minny's 93 B1G individual champs, 10 B1G team titles and JRob's 8 B1G Coach of the Years awards?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT