ADVERTISEMENT

Let's take the pledge

Again, I don't speak for everyone here, but I thought the back and forth banter was amusing. I figured that it was fair game for us to post ridiculous stuff too if he was going to do it. In fact, I had the following all written and ready to copy/paste when I found the thread was locked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, you guys heard it hear first. Ironbird's suspicions are somewhat correct, however he is not aware of the currently available technology for optimal training. Both Cael and Casey are avid Goku fans, so they were inspired to have the super double top secret slush fund pay for the development of a state of the art training facility that gives the PSU guys an almost unsurmountable advantage. Buried deep beneath Beaver Stadium is the world's largest centrifuge. Mounted on the centrifuge is a full size wrestling room that can be pressurized up to a level of 20 atm. This facility allows the wrestlers to train in a 10g, hyperbaric environment that enhances their physical performance way beyond anything possible by other standard training methods. What is particularly clever about this set up is that the wrestlers will pass any NCAA drug test since their method does not use forbidden PEDs. Textbook proof that out of the box thinking combined with superior engineering capability produces the best college level wrestlers in the country.
Good post, but you needed to make a bet that he would not accept.

I also enjoyed the shenanigans. When I got sick of it I stopped paying attention to it.

I was surprised he got suspended for making accusations without proof and then not taking a bet.

Good post, but you needed to make a bet that he would not accept.

I also enjoyed the shenanigans. When I got sick of it I stopped paying attention to it.

I was surprised he got suspended for making accusations without proof and then not taking a bet.
He didn't get suspended for making accusations without proof. He got suspended because he wouldn't take the bet offered by one of his natural superiors from the HVI forum. 😁

He didn't get suspended for making accusations without proof. He got suspended because he wouldn't take the bet offered by one of his natural superiors from the HVI forum. 😁
I did not know this was a gambling promotion board.
Maybe the 1-800-Gambler number should be at the bottom of every page.

I posted this on the "Social Media" thread but it belongs here : )

• Haha
Reactions: SlipperyPete12
I posted this on the "Social Media" thread but it belongs here : )

Oh man what a great thread! Thanks for posting. I posted my spoof on the Iowa thread.about Cael and Casey building a 10 g training facility. Let’s see where that goes.

Last edited:
I know some of you are amused with the guy, but that only lasts so long. I rarely use social media anymore, having grown weary of the way interactions are dominated by narcissists who operate like this guy. Forget Facebook, even small community forums like Nextdoor, etc. are just platforms for people to scream unintelligently about subjects about which they have little to no understanding. Opposing opinions are fine when accompanied by reasonable discourse. This rarely exists online anymore. Not because there aren't people willing to engage, there are. But they are drowned out in a sea of babble.

This is one of the few places online that is "relatively" free of this type of bullsh*t discourse and hopefully, it stays that way. He's the only guy I've ever put on ignore - just to filter out the noise. Playing with the guy just adds to the noise.

I know some of you are amused with the guy, but that only lasts so long. I rarely use social media anymore, having grown weary of the way interactions are dominated by narcissists who operate like this guy. Forget Facebook, even small community forums like Nextdoor, etc. are just platforms for people to scream unintelligently about subjects about which they have little to no understanding. Opposing opinions are fine when accompanied by reasonable discourse. This rarely exists online anymore. Not because there aren't people willing to engage, there are. But they are drowned out in a sea of babble.

This is one of the few places online that is "relatively" free of this type of bullsh*t discourse and hopefully, it stays that way. He's the only guy I've ever put on ignore - just to filter out the noise. Playing with the guy just adds to the noise.
That plus we've extracted every useful insider joke from him.

OK, that probably happened before he started posting here.

We all possess the power to:
1. Not click on a thread (IB was smart enough to stick to the one thread he created and not pollute other threads).
2. Put users on Ignore (not used enough around here IMO).
3. Elect to simply not reply or engage certain users.

I think we should take the pledge to stop replying to any Ironbird posts. let's stop the madness and return or little hamlet where facts matter and excuses are for wussies.

I'll be the first to take the pledge not to take the bait.

giphy.gif
I agree I blocked his dumb ass. Can't believe that clown was a teacher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT