ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands/Soldier Salute

To be honest I wouldn't think Angelo's commitment was at risk, short of back channel the dad saying if you toss AJ, Angelo is out.

I don't see anywhere else taking all three short of Rutgers, and even from the Ferrari side, I think the concept of a package deal has fallen apart with this latest shit show.

If you take a step back AJ doesn't need the NCAA for anything short of an ego boost. Oh well I guess that undermines my argument. I really don't think he wants to deal with the structure, times, and a code of conduct that will hold him back from spreading his wings and extending his fingers.

Whether it be MMA or WWE it's seems time for AJ to look towards a professional future where those organizations have "fixers" to help smooth over all of your many on and off mat indescretions.

Reactions: Ski
Glazier is about as stand-up as they come. His family has been very kind to me, and they have nothing to gain from doing so. That crew loves wrestling.

Glazier rules. I hope he gets to finish his season. He's doing his best wrestling right now and does things right.
Hopefully he transfers out if Ferrari sticks around. Along with several of his teammates.

He only has this and next year left, and doesn't deserve to see his career wither on the bench, wondering if he will run out of eligibility before that sociopath's implosions finally draw consequences.

I can’t decide if Pyles is demented enough to truly believe this or if Iowa is actually demented enough to still bring the oldest Ford Focus brother in after this massive fiasco

Reactions: creamery freak
I think Ironside forgot that the matches were being broadcast for others to see.

That said, I’m still reading some wild takes from Iowa fans that Glazier started it. Def not what I saw.

Someone on GIA has twice posted about how it was all a misunderstanding caused by AJ getting his finger stuck in Glazier’s headgear, which (according to the poster) AJ tried to explain to Glazier to no avail.

When I first read that I thought JT had started his 83rd HR/GIA account.

Wasnt Henkel a strong Iowa lean at one point??
Don't think so. Henckel visited Iowa and had some nice things to say about Iowa in a post-visit interview. Of course, that was more than enough to get folks excited on GIA. But it's unclear (at least to me) how serious Henckel ever was about Iowa.

That said, I did not expect Henckel to commit to PSU.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Don't think so. Henckel visited Iowa and had some nice things to say about Iowa in a post-visit interview. Of course, that was more than enough to get folks excited on GIA. But it's unclear (at least to me) how serious Henckel ever was about Iowa.

That said, I did not expect Henckel to commit to PSU.
According to HR, Jason Nolf was an Iowa lock because, on his way home from NCAAs in Ames, he stopped at CHA long enough to take a tourist pic at the Gable statue.

Over there, "strong lean" = forget it, he's going somewhere else.

In AJ's recruiting visit tweet he posted #bagsecured. Slumlord millionaire must've already payed.
I hadn't thought about it before but is NIL money guaranteed? Is it paid up front or in installments? Do you have to make the team to receive it? If it's paid up front then I'd imagine Ford Focus won't care but if he actually has to be on the team I'd imagine he does anything he can to make it look like he just had a bad day.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Don’t know who’s going to take Angelo if he wants to be with his brothers tbh. I hope he stays because he’s an elite prospect but I don’t see the older 2 lasting after this exchange.
Just based on what we know about the three of them, why would Angelo want them around. I'm guessing the dad is forcing a school to take all 3 and found a sucker in Brands.

Poor Angelo must feel like he was kidnapped by insane people.

He's sorry. And you can tell he meant it because he posted the apology on the second slide of an Instagram post that'll disappear in a day or so.

screenshot-www.instagram.com-2023.12.31-16_19_19.png

Just based on what we know about the three of them, why would Angelo want them around. I'm guessing the dad is forcing a school to take all 3 and found a sucker in Brands.

Poor Angelo must feel like he was kidnapped by insane people.
Why assume Angelo doesn't want to be around his brothers? Lunatics such as they are, they're still his brothers.

Also, why assume Angelo is sane? Sane for his genetics, perhaps. But is anyone gonna confuse him for Mark Hall above the neck?

I hadn't thought about it before but is NIL money guaranteed? Is it paid up front or in installments? Do you have to make the team to receive it? If it's paid up front then I'd imagine Ford Focus won't care but if he actually has to be on the team I'd imagine he does anything he can to make it look like he just had a bad day.
And how does one paying the NIL money theoretically cash in on an athlete's name, image, or likeness? E.g., if Bob the Evictor were to pay NIL money to AJ Fernasti, what kind of products or services would Bob advertise?

Maybe something like "2 Birds Colon Cleanse"?

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
Why assume Angelo doesn't want to be around his brothers? Lunatics such as they are, they're still his brothers.

Also, why assume Angelo is sane? Sane for his genetics, perhaps. But is anyone gonna confuse him for Mark Hall above the neck?
I get they're family, but Angelo seems to be completely different to this point. I could be wrong, but he hasn't been kicked off a team or out of a school. As low of a bar as it can be, it's still an improvement over the other 2.

If his goal is to wrestle in college and perhaps beyond is tied to those 2, that doesn't seem like a good game plan.

Reactions: hlstone

I thought I read somewhere he was flipping the finger at the crowd as well when this all went down maybe I'm mistaken?

And how does one paying the NIL money theoretically cash in on an athlete's name, image, or likeness? E.g., if Bob the Evictor were to pay NIL money to AJ Fernasti, what kind of products or services would Bob advertise?

Maybe a Carver Cone named Ferrari Hand Packed Fudge.

Last edited:

It’s a corollary to the assumption that AJ is by far the strongest PFP wrestler in college - because their nutriders keep saying it.

I can’t decide if Pyles is demented enough to truly believe this or if Iowa is actually demented enough to still bring the oldest Ford Focus brother in after this massive fiasco
Pyles is a fawning parasite of Iowa Wrestling. Iowa is a whore who will sell their soul for a few points at NCAA's. You know, of all the people I would like to hear from, Dan Gable is at the top of my list.

#1. AJ can deadlift 665 in the lobby (intimidation Little Giants style) then physically remove a few old ladies from their apartments. Saving Bob from hiring someone else to do it.

#2. He can teach Slumlord Bob some MMA moves just in case Bob and Ironbird really do meet someone under a bridge.

#3. Anthony and AJ can pose for pictures (use your imagination) with Slumlord Bob to sell.

I'm sure I'm missing several other examples.

Last edited:
I was just coming to the board to find the right place to post that pic only to find that I'm very late to the game.

I almost feel bad for Tom that he has to spend this entire season pretending that this jackass isn't a jackass because he's got no alternative. But the meaner side of me just thinks it's funny.

Schadenfreude at its finest. AJ is schadenfreude just waiting to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT