ADVERTISEMENT

More From Brands On Recruiting

Who's on first? What's on second? I Don't Know's on third. Brands talks in circles half the time. Very entertaining but he's no threat to PSU dominance. I hope he coaches there until he's 100.

True. It was a handful of HR posters who speculated about PSU being a member of the You Know Who Triad of Power bad-mouthing Brands to recruits.
The thing about this is, the evidence contradicts this.

The evidence being Spencer Lee saying he enjoyed his interaction with Iowa and PSU, then slamming other schools for negative recruiting. The very clear implication was his 3rd finalist -- Ohio State.

Reactions: diggerpup
The thing about this is, the evidence contradicts this.

The evidence being Spencer Lee saying he enjoyed his interaction with Iowa and PSU, then slamming other schools for negative recruiting. The very clear implication was his 3rd finalist -- Ohio State.

Come on, now -- a good witch hunt can't be wasted on trivial things like 'evidence'.

Reactions: El-Jefe
Anyone who thinks this "revelation" by Tom Brands is going to catapult Iowa back to the top is hallucinating. The only thing that is going to catapult Iowa back to the top is if Cael Sanderson, Tan Tom, and John Smith all retire.

The Hawkeye Report will continue to be filled with delusional idiots who pine for the days when Iowa was good enough to win the national championship. They'll continue to be a team who will be lucky to put one guy in the finals and even luckier if they win. They are a miserable and pathetic bunch of fans.

I don't think it's a good idea to generalize and lump everyone on HR in the same group.

Isn't this the same kind of venom we despise from some on HR? This rhetoric is disappointing and out of line IMO.

I don't think it's a good idea to generalize and lump everyone on HR in the same group.

Isn't this the same kind of venom we despise from some on HR? This rhetoric is disappointing and out of line IMO.

Yeah, I think you'll find a stark difference between what you see here on BWI and the kind of stuff they say on HR. They're delusional, and sad.

Yeah, I think you'll find a stark difference between what you see here on BWI and the kind of stuff they say on HR. They're delusional, and sad.

Yeah, but we're spyker and 21Guns. So, if you want to base a measure on the negative, pretty much every board sucks.

If you choose to focus on the positive . . . both boards have good people.

Spencer also said they hang out in the sauna after practice. I'm guessing he will be pretty well coached on what he can/cannot say in the future. I wonder if Vodka forwarded that clip to any compliance offices, and if so, what response he was given? Vodka?
What is wrong with hanging out in the sauna after practice? Good way to stretch and help muscle recoup. Although I always preferred whirlpool, but to each their own.

What is wrong with hanging out in the sauna after practice? Good way to stretch and help muscle recoup. Although I always preferred whirlpool, but to each their own.

Other than being strictly against NCAA rules? Nothing I suppose from most programs, but certainly unexpected from Mother Tomresa's program where they do everything by the book.

Other than being strictly against NCAA rules? Nothing I suppose from most programs, but certainly unexpected from Mother Tomresa's program where they do everything by the book.

Im sure Vodka, Esq. is looking into this. i mean he has video evidence rather than anonymous message board banter to go on. Sooooooo surely this is ripe for the Citizens On Patrol division of the revolutionary guard of the HR.

Yep, here is the language in the rules.

Section 5. Prohibited Weight-Loss Practices

Art. 1. General Prohibited Practices. The use of laxatives, emetics, self-induced
vomiting, hot rooms, hot boxes and steam rooms is prohibited for any purpose.
Art. 2. Saunas. The use of a sauna is prohibited at any time and for any
purpose, on or off campus

Reactions: Sullivan
Yep, here is the language in the rules.

Section 5. Prohibited Weight-Loss Practices

Art. 1. General Prohibited Practices. The use of laxatives, emetics, self-induced
vomiting, hot rooms, hot boxes and steam rooms is prohibited for any purpose.
Art. 2. Saunas. The use of a sauna is prohibited at any time and for any
purpose, on or off campus
oopsie

Not just by the book, but by the “Good Book”. The King James Bible is surely the first tome referenced by Iowa compliance when an issue comes up as they clearly are the most compliant compliance dept there is

Not just by the book, but by the “Good Book”. The King James Bible is surely the first tome referenced by Iowa compliance when an issue comes up as they clearly are the most compliant compliance dept there is

You would think Brands would go to the 103" binder on the floor of the storage closet (NCAA rule book) and self report his program for breaking the rules.

You would think Brands would go to the 103" binder on the floor of the storage closet (NCAA rule book) and self report his program for breaking the rules.
Remember the kerfluffle over the recruiting mailing to Mark Hall with him photoshopped in a PSU singlet - until Jason Bryant and others calmly pointed out when this stuff was okay to do.

I'll tell you what, the apple did not fall far from the tree. Spencer with some Gold Intel on a certain Hawkeye practice.

Beware What You Share when interacting with the Lees! ;)

Yeah, that was funny. People blowing it off was interesting - surely a return to laxity on that front is a greater threat to wrestling programs than anything else. Another kid dies and watch the programs die
Bingo. Our sport cannot afford another death. Look what concussions is doing to football participation.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ntinuing-drop-in-high-school-football-players

"The growing concern about brain injuries and head trauma continue to impact the game of football."

Im sure Vodka, Esq. is looking into this. i mean he has video evidence rather than anonymous message board banter to go on. Sooooooo surely this is ripe for the Citizens On Patrol division of the revolutionary guard of the HR.
Do you know that vodka doesn’t hit slushy phase until about -15 degrees. At what temp does hell freeze over?

Still working on a way to get Emily, Sarah, Roseanne, and Rachel into the plot . . .

My homie will be around during the holidays from LA and he has several credits on M. Knight movies. If we get this moving Ill get him drunk and pitch it.

One request though is we dedicate it to Spyker/Rings/Champs/Real in that may he live on in all our good works.

#RIP2017

Reactions: slushhead
This thread is a fcking laugh. Did you all forget so quickly about Cael throwing a chair onto the mat like it's the WWE and DT having a childish tantrum after losing to a one legged J'Den Cox?

You wanna shit talk Gman at fight night, yet no one calls out DT for acting like that?

Quit the self-righteous holier than thou act.

This thread is a fcking laugh. Did you all forget so quickly about Cael throwing a chair onto the mat like it's the WWE and DT having a childish tantrum after losing to a one legged J'Den Cox?

You wanna shit talk Gman at fight night, yet no one calls out DT for acting like that?

Actually a lot of people here did. But it's easier to ignore that since it undermines your point.

Couple of differences for you, DT's tweets were not profanity laced, second and most importantly DT was not representing the Pennsylvania State University at that time where as Thomas Gilman was representing the University of Iowa.

The NLWC is not PSU same as HWC is not Iowa. They are affiliated but not the same thing.

Couple of differences for you, DT's tweets were not profanity laced, second and most importantly DT was not representing the Pennsylvania State University at that time where as Thomas Gilman was representing the University of Iowa.

The NLWC is not PSU same as HWC is not Iowa. They are affiliated but not the same thing.

Oh give me a fkn break. If that's your excuse, what's your defense of Cael throwing a chair like he's at Royal Rumble?

Look, that was already explained, not only here, but on your board, as well (LINK). Sanderson was to be commended.

Other than the language, I agree with you.

I will add this though...
Everyone has their moments-in-time where a not-too-proud behavior is displayed. Cael's not perfect, DT's not perfect, I'm not perfect, and you're not perfect.

A person's true character isn't measured by those moments, if they are learned from and not oft-repeated (unless the act is a truly heinous one, of course). True character, imo, is measured by the minute-by-minute, day-by-day, month-by-month, year-by-year, behaviors of each one of us. The core is each person's value system.

Here's a cool quote...

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
watch your words, they become actions;
watch your actions, they become habits;
watch your habits, they become character;
watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Other than the language, I agree with you.

I will add this though...
Everyone has their moments-in-time where a not-too-proud behavior is displayed. Cael's not perfect, DT's not perfect, I'm not perfect, and you're not perfect.

A person's true character isn't measured by those moments, if they are learned from and not oft-repeated (unless the act is a truly heinous one, of course). True character, imo, is measured by the minute-by-minute, day-by-day, month-by-month, year-by-year, behaviors of each one of us. The core is each person's value system.

Here's a cool quote...

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
watch your words, they become actions;
watch your actions, they become habits;
watch your habits, they become character;
watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Yep. DT sure showed he learned from his actions/words after losing at trials.

I mean his tweet after Cox lost at worlds was all class. Cox who ended up getting bronze and being a deciding factor in USA winning its first team title in a long time.

Yep. DT sure showed he learned from his actions/words after losing at trials.

I mean his tweet after Cox lost at worlds was all class. Cox who ended up getting bronze and being a deciding factor in USA winning its first team title in a long time.
You sure are a persistent soul, unreasonably so. Just came from HR where you, without cause, went after NittanyChris for an innocent post.

Your posts speak volumes, so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT