ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

My guess is that it won't be that bad, but a post-season ban, at least for this year is certainly warranted.
NCAA is a PR animal. If the collective outrage is large enough, they'll quickly move to cover their own asses. They are anxiously sifting through comments by influencers, talking heads and columnists at this time. They don't care about fairness, the game or a level playing field. They care about protecting their collective asses. If the need to throw Michigan under the bus outweighs the embarrassment of one of the premier programs being dirty, it will be done in a NY heartbeat.

Reactions: AnotherNovaLion
NCAA is a PR animal. If the collective outrage is large enough, they'll quickly move to cover their own asses. They are anxiously sifting through comments by influencers, talking heads and columnists at this time. They don't care about fairness, the game or a level playing field. They care about protecting their collective asses. If the need to throw Michigan under the bus outweighs the embarrassment of one of the premier programs being dirty, it will be done in a NY heartbeat.
It's not about throwing anyone under the bus. It's about the most serious of all infractions: outright illegal cheating.

Michigan needs to be punished with their season ending. Right now.

It's protecting themselves not Michigan
in what way???
I think the Big Ten can't wait to leave
Strongly disagree. The SEC can't wait to leave. The Big Ten (for the most part) is OK with the NCAA.
JMU agreed to that when they moved up--had they fought it we'd have a different outcome. That's not real power
LOL, yes it is. Just like school agree to abide by NCAA post-season bans or scholarship reductions. It is real power.
Michigan is huge in terms of money for the NCAA in general--they won't do anything drastic to them
Michigan football doesn't make the NCAA any money. The Big Ten CCG will get just as good of ratings with PSU or OSU in there instead. Same for the CFP. No $$ are lost.
People here claim constantly the Big Ten caters to Michigan and Ohio State but now you believe they're going to act before the NCAA even completes and investigation? I just don't see the logic there.
If they don't act, the league becomes a joke. Again, this isn't tattoos or impermissable benefits. This is a direct effect of on the field competition.

in what way???

Strongly disagree. The SEC can't wait to leave. The Big Ten (for the most part) is OK with the NCAA.

LOL, yes it is. Just like school agree to abide by NCAA post-season bans or scholarship reductions. It is real power.

Michigan football doesn't make the NCAA any money. The Big Ten CCG will get just as good of ratings with PSU or OSU in there instead. Same for the CFP. No $$ are lost.

If they don't act, the league becomes a joke. Again, this isn't tattoos or impermissable benefits. This is a direct effect of on the field competition.
Another beating for Lando. This is absolutely beautiful 😍

My guess is that it won't be that bad, but a post-season ban, at least for this year is certainly warranted.
I understand. I think that’s the one that is least likely to happen based on ncaa and big decisions in the past.

in what way???

Because they don't want anyone making decisions about their programs in the same manner moving forward
It's not real power. It's given to them. It can be taken away.
If you don't think Michigan being Michigan matters I don't know what to tell you
I think you're hoping for something unrealistic. You have to realize the odds of sanctions happening this season are almost zero. There's a 90 day review.

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Forget the wrath of the NCAA. Michigan's record against the spread before and after the sign stealing scandal occurred is enough to get people's legs broken, eyes put out, and outright killed. Certain folks who are involved with gambling don't mess around.
This I agree with lol

Forget the wrath of the NCAA. Michigan's record against the spread before and after the sign stealing scandal occurred is enough to get people's legs broken, eyes put out, and outright killed. Certain folks who are involved with gambling don't mess around.
Weren’t many on this very board just last week talking about how PSU has beat the spread for like the last 20 games or something? Doubt there will be broken legs

So now I am wondering if they helped the Suckeyes with our signals. They certainly weren’t surprised by any of the trick plays. The one pass attempt by KLS was s othered before he even got outside. Other plays too. And no receiver ever got open.

Sounds crazy they would OSU but think about it. All season peop,e have been talking about a three way tie with us and the B2G TWO! They don’t want a they way tie so they help OSU beat us, cheat to beat OSU….and wallah No Ties!

Plus it gives them the added benefit of the 120th Game of the Century!!! between two undefeated greatest dynasties of all time!

So now I am wondering if they helped the Suckeyes with our signals. They certainly weren’t surprised by any of the trick plays. The one pass attempt by KLS was s othered before he even got outside. Other plays too. And no receiver ever got open.

Sounds crazy they would OSU but think about it. All season peop,e have been talking about a three way tie with us and the B2G TWO! They don’t want a they way tie so they help OSU beat us, cheat to beat OSU….and wallah No Ties!

Plus it gives them the added benefit of the 120th Game of the Century!!! between two undefeated greatest dynasties of all time!

That would take some serious chutzpah to share with OSU. It would alert OSU that the swirling rumors were true and hand them evidence to use against Michigan later.

Plus, given that Penn State was so inept offensively, there was no need for OSU to cheat. 😡

Reactions: Westcoast24
It's not about throwing anyone under the bus. It's about the most serious of all infractions: outright illegal cheating.

Michigan needs to be punished with their season ending. Right now.
While I tend to agree, I also believe in due process. I want it to be clear and over quickly with admissions of guilt but know that won’t happen.

While I tend to agree, I also believe in due process. I want it to be clear and over quickly with admissions of guilt but know that won’t happen.
Due process allows all of it to happen unpunished dude. Post season sanctions are meaningless. Harbaugh is already gone and as Henley and Frey said, he will have to eat his lunch all by himself.

In the NFL. With 100 million dollars and a new contract.

Na. Sorry man. It needs to happen now.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24
TCU used dummy signals because they KNEW Michigan had their signals.

For the love of Christ how much more does anyone need now?

Shouldn’t he be suspended or on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation? Given everything coming out now (almost on a daily basis), it’s clear this is much bigger than just 1 rogue staffer.
Has that ever happened before with the NCAA? Maybe it has? Don’t recall anything

Reactions: psu00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT