ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

..and to add to that, TCU played their last game on December 3rd. They played UM on December 31st. That gave them 4 weeks to change signals and practice. tOSU said that they suspected signals were being stolen but in a week, could only change things up but not a lot.

it is also funny that TCU scored 21 first half points to be up 21-6. Michigan stormed back in the second half to make it close but could never stop TCUs offense which scored 51. This is the Michigan defense that gave up 27 to MD as their worst defensive performance all year.
The thing that really confuses me is that literally every coach/scholl that's commented on the situation, including JF says at some point in the discussion that they change their signals regularly. Apparently they don't.

The thing that really confuses me is that literally every coach/scholl that's commented on the situation, including JF says at some point in the discussion that they change their signals regularly. Apparently they don't.
Agree. The only thing I can imagine is the level of "change". I am not sure how much change there can be without confusing the kids. I know, in baseball, they often have "hot" signs meaning they have a number: this inning the 3rd sign is legit, the next the 1st sign is legit. But in football, 11 kids have to be on the same page. when you can't consistently get your team to know the snap just have them trying to remember the signs.

Plus, I see three kids signaling in, signs of icons, sheets and cardboard held up to make sure nobody can see the signs from the press box...all kinds of crazy stuff. Honestly, i wouldn't be shocked to find out lower level staff could be compromised. there are millions of dollars at stake.

I've been told that the NFL had problems with second team players spiking the food of the starters with PEDs to get their shot but that was quickly covered up and dealt with. Crazy times indeed.

Would be a bad look to come out and say, we know sign stealing happens but we never change them. With the time limits per week there is only so much you can do unless you are only going to review the updated signals every week.

They do, maybe even week to week. But they don't have enough time to change their entire system or come up with some ridiculous counter-measures like TCU did in their month of preparation. Teams change as much as they can, then by halftime Michigan has caught up again and figured out the changes. That's why they've been blowing teams out after halftime almost every game.

Mad magazine's "Spy vs. Spy".
spy-61.jpg

We have a hard time getting players to know the playbook in the limited time of practice set by the NCAA. How do you think the players would handle wholesale changes of the sideline signals?

Reactions: The Spin Meister
..and to add to that, TCU played their last game on December 3rd. They played UM on December 31st. That gave them 4 weeks to change signals and practice. tOSU said that they suspected signals were being stolen but in a week, could only change things up but not a lot.

it is also funny that TCU scored 21 first half points to be up 21-6. Michigan stormed back in the second half to make it close but could never stop TCUs offense which scored 51. This is the Michigan defense that gave up 27 to MD as their worst defensive performance all year.
TCU defense scored twice that game but point taken

I didn’t watch the whole game. Were they only stealing offensive play calls? Or perhaps TCUs defense wasn’t where they were “supposed” to be.
Two pick six and a fumble on the one yard line. My question is who benefits more from sign stealing? The offense or the defense? I don’t really know

They do, maybe even week to week. But they don't have enough time to change their entire system or come up with some ridiculous counter-measures like TCU did in their month of preparation. Teams change as much as they can, then by halftime Michigan has caught up again and figured out the changes. That's why they've been blowing teams out after halftime almost every game.

1st half, PSU 14 - UM 16
2nd half, PSU 3 - UM 25

Aaron Torres has a great 15 minute take on how there is evidence that Michigan sign stealed from Tennessee and Clemson and gave the info to South Carolina. The idea is that Clemson and Tennessee last year were in the running to get into the college playoffs and that if South Carolina in its last 2 games could beat them that Michigan had a clearer path to the playoffs. The most details about how sign stealing could have affected games involving Tennessee and Clemson begins midway in the video.

So, South Carolina had a terrible game against a mediocre Florida team and only scored 6 points and had about 250 yards of offense. Its next game was against highly rated Tennessee. Its offense somehow managed to gain 600 yards against Tennessee and So. Carolina beat Tennessee 63 to 38. Next So. Carolina played highly rated Clemson and beat Clemson 31-30. These 2 games provide good evidence of the effectiveness of sign stealing.

Also, if true, not only breaking the rules for your own team but also breaking the rules to involve other teams is really low.

1st half, PSU 14 - UM 16
2nd half, PSU 3 - UM 25
Well realistically you can’t blame sign stealing for all all our woes in that game. When D linemen are being blown off the line, and linebackers aren’t filling assigned gaps. The second half they just ran the ball down our throats. Now this post notwithstanding I still want the cheating bastards hung.

Well realistically you can’t blame sign stealing for all all our woes in that game. When D linemen are being blown off the line, and linebackers aren’t filling assigned gaps. The second half they just ran the ball down our throats. Now this post notwithstanding I still want the cheating bastards hung.
wasn't that the game were we had no healthy linebackers?

Can we all agree that the NCAA or Big ten would have suspended PSU's season by now had this been us? They would have said "never again will winning be placed ahead of the integrity and safety of our student athletes." There really is enough evidence here that something should happen immediately.

You need to stop. If you wish to put these two on ignore that's fine, go for it. You claim that their responses "hijack every thread" but yet you dont see that you're doing the very same thing. The fact that you're so obsessed with these two says more about you than it does about them.
Thanks Mrs Lando.

Can we all agree that the NCAA or Big ten would have suspended PSU's season by now had this been us? They would have said "never again will winning be placed ahead of the integrity and safety of our student athletes." There really is enough evidence here that something should happen immediately.
It happened once’s. So sure, it could happen again.

Wonder if the referines will be telling them “ you are lucky to be playing football?!”

Instead, they will probably get even more calls to help “level the playing field” if Michigan gets punished (which is doubtful).

Dan Dakich tears into Michigan for about 8 minutes beginning at about minute 7 of the video. Says other Big Ten coaches are really pissed and that he has talked to 4 of them. Because the coaches are pissed he believes that this issue is serious and has legs. Calls Harbaugh a cheat.

Last edited:
I don't find these anecdotes amusing: This is a most serious offense and it's not funny.

When Michigan steals Penn State signs on November 11 and beats us bad in our own backyard, I want to see how many of you will be cracking little jokes and memes.

It's sports, none of its serious in the grand scheme of things (unless you're a degenerate gambler).

This is starting to spin out of control for Michigan. Expect Booger to be gone - one way or another - at the end of the year. Just not a very good look. Now we see why they improved vastly over the last 3 years or so

The funny part - go to their websites (pick one) and their blinded fans are accusing everyone else.....not their fault

This is starting to spin out of control for Michigan. Expect Booger to be gone - one way or another - at the end of the year. Just not a very good look. Now we see why they improved vastly over the last 3 years or so

The funny part - go to their websites (pick one) and their blinded fans are accusing everyone else.....not their fault
I agree....especially when you see NW fire a coach for some hazing that he wasn't even aware of and their internal investigation cleared him.

For the BIG 10 archives.
University of Michigan season records.

* 2021 0. Wins 13 Losses
* 2022. 0. Wins 13 Losses
* 2023. 0. Wins 12 Losses

* Denotes wins forfeited due to cheating from an NCAA investigation proving sign stealing was used to gain an advantage.

Also noted that Michigan already lost their Bowl games in 2021 & 2022, which is normal protocol for them. No bowl in 2023 season due to disqualification. This probably saved them another loss.

Insiders posting that Harbaugh and his coordinators were no-shows for todays scheduled interviews with the NCAA.

• Wow
Reactions: psu00
We of all people should support due diligence and not rush to judgment, but isn't fairly normal these days, in consideration of enormous public pressure, to suspend any parties involved while the school conducts an internal investigation?

Reactions: psu00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT