ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

Well, the difference between a sexual predator scandal and sign stealing. No comparison.
Actually not to split hairs, but the Sandusky matter really had no relation to on field sanctions and was a criminal matter, whereas this Michigan fiasco is tied directly to the field of play and related sanctions like vacated wins, probation, bowl bans and scholarship reductions.

Harbaugh’s departure seems almost assured at this point. Can’t imagine a scenario he doesn’t leave for the nfl after this.

I'm not sure what NFL team would want to take him on. He wasn't doing all that well at UM b4 the cheating and his recent success is probably the result of the cheating. Then you have the negative PR of the cheating itself... Guess all it takes is just one of the good ol boys though.

Dude just shut up. Keep living in your own pretend world with every freaking topic, particularly this one.
How am I living in my own world? Do you truly believe we'll see major sanctions based on everything that has happened since our situation? I'm just being realistic. You're just setting the situation up so you can be mad and claim everyone hates us IMO

Reactions: MacNit2.0
Actually not to split hairs, but the Sandusky matter really had no relation to on field sanctions and was a criminal matter, whereas this Michigan fiasco is tied directly to the field of play and related sanctions like vacated wins, probation, bowl bans and scholarship reductions.
Then we signed a consent decree to allow them to sanction us...
Will Michigan fight anything or will they give the NCAA/Big Ten power?

I'm not sure what NFL team would want to take him on. He wasn't doing all that well at UM b4 the cheating and his recent success is probably the result of the cheating. Then you have the negative PR of the cheating itself... Guess all it takes is just one of the good ol boys though.
Someone looks at his record in the NFL and someone will take a shot most likely, right?
We've seen coaches get countless chances in the NFL will less success.

I'm just speaking to the seriousness of the two situations as it relates to the big picture of society and life in general.

I'm just speaking to the seriousness of the two situations as it relates to the big picture of society and life in general.
Right--were more people angry about what Sandusky did or sign stealing?
Sandusky, in reality, had nothing to do with our football program at that time but it was about public perception especially regarding a program that always claimed to do things "the right way". People love watching people fall from grace.

No NFL team cares about any of this. Bears fans would take him in a heart beat.

Bellichek says hi

That’s true. Plus his NFL record sucked

It seems like some new aspect of this story drops every day.

I’m sure the Michigan coaching staff is afraid he cooperates and spills all that he knows. The way things are going now he’s going to take the majority of the blame and he has to see that coming with all the articles that are focused on him.

SCUM better promise him one of those lucrative DEI jobs on campus quick. Sure, it's a step up in pay, but it's worth it.

The NCAA is one small step above useless; the conference ADs should be out for UM blood - this scheme gave them a competitive advantage or why else do it? Every conference school should be demanding UMs head on a plate. If the conference does not sanction UM, and severely, then what many of us suspected over the years is undoubtedly true: this conference is disgracefully biased towards UM. Vacate their 21 and 22 titles, make the give back the trophies, and ban them from the post season this season AND next for 2+ years of cheating.

Email Pat Kraft as a concerned PSU alum or fan and demand he advocate for the harshest possible punishment!

Too bad we no longer have Sandy running things. She would have gotten right on it.

His NFL record wasn't anything approaching "sucking". 49-22-1. In 4 seasons, he was in the Super Bowl once, and made the NFC Championship game two other times.

NFL teams would line up to give him another shot at the NFL.
Ya. That was kinda my point. It was TIC. Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
SCUM better promise him one of those lucrative DEI jobs on campus quick. Sure, it's a step up in pay, but it's worth it.
I’m sure there’s a lot of behind the scenes discussions to keep him onside.

I understand. I think that’s the one that is least likely to happen based on ncaa and big decisions in the past.
I don't think there is any precedent for this in the past. I am not aware of any other cheating scandal that directly involved competition on the field in the way this does. The integrity of the game is at stake.

Last edited:
Because they don't want anyone making decisions about their programs in the same manner moving forward
It's not real power. It's given to them. It can be taken away.
I don't even know what that means. All power is given and can be taken away. Unless Michigan is planning on succeeding from the Big Ten/NCAA they will have to abide by what those two governing bodies decide.
If you don't think Michigan being Michigan matters I don't know what to tell you
To an extent it does. When they cheat in a way that threatens the intergrity of the game, it doesn't matter who is doing it.
I think you're hoping for something unrealistic. You have to realize the odds of sanctions happening this season are almost zero. There's a 90 day review.
Sanctions will come from Big Ten, not from NCAA.

I don't even know what that means. All power is given and can be taken away. Unless Michigan is planning on succeeding from the Big Ten/NCAA they will have to abide by what those two governing bodies decide.

To an extent it does. When they cheat in a way that threatens the intergrity of the game, it doesn't matter who is doing it.

Sanctions will come from Big Ten, not from NCAA.

Why do you think they destroyed all the evidence in the Bellicheat scandal? Better for people to keep guessing than have irrefutable evidence that the games were illegitimately decided.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT