ADVERTISEMENT

More Trouble Brewing in Ann Arbor?

Has that ever happened before with the NCAA? Maybe it has? Don’t recall anything

To be honest, I’d have to look into that. I don’t expect the ncaa to do anything until their investigation is over and that process and appeals take years.

I’m thinking more of what the Michigan admin would have to do. They’ve already removed Stalions, (with pay IIRC). Since then it’s clear he’s been acting in coordination with the O and D coordinators (video).

The shenanigans are pretty widely known throughout the Big Ten. TCU now says they were warned for their game last year.

We are also hearing it was used to interfere in the SEC race last year, (Tennessee vs South Carolina). Georgia and Tennessee signs were reportedly stolen. If they were tampering with the SEC outcome last year, it’s crossed a major new red line.

UM voluntarily suspended Harbs for 3 games for the other ongoing investigation (regarding lying to the NCAA). Now this. The third strike is the news today that the FBI is now investigating the prior O coordinator that was fired in January.

I know some people here like to overly pick on Michigan, but honestly what’s UM’s official position on all this? Harbs didn’t know about anything? They’re going to argue, in effect, loss of institutional control as his defense?

Sooner or later he hits that red line where the UM prez and AD need to act for the good of the program IMO.

Last edited:
To be honest, I’d have to look into that. I don’t expect the ncaa to do anything until their investigation is over and that process and appeals take years.

I’m thinking more of what the Michigan admin would have to do. They’ve already removed Stalions, (with pay IIRC). Since then it’s clear he’s been acting in coordination with the O and D coordinators (video).

The shenanigans are pretty widely known throughout the Big Ten. TCU now says they were warned for their game last year.

We are also hearing it was used to interfere in the SEC race last year, (Tennessee vs South Carolina). Georgia and Tennessee signs were reportedly stolen. If they were interfering with the SEC outcome last year it’s crossed a major new red line.

UM voluntarily suspended Harbs for 3 games for the other ongoing investigation (regarding lying to the NCAA). Now this. The third strike is the news today that the FBI is now investigating the prior O coordinator that was fired in January.

I know some people here like to overly pick on Michigan, but honestly what’s UM’s official position on all this? Harbs didn’t know about anything? They’re going to argue, in effect, loss of institutional control as his defense?

Sooner or later he hits that red line where the UM prez and AD need to act for the good of the program IMO.
Westcoast24 is a troll. Don't respond to him or Lando.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
Westcoast24 is not a troll. He’s a UM fan who is married to a PSU alum (IIRC) and has been a good poster here over the years.

He defends his team and there’s nothing wrong with that. Everyone here would do the same if the tables were turned.

I have no problem with him demanding absolute proof where opposing fans may be quicker to assume the worst. We’ve all done the same not long ago.

Last edited:
He’s not a troll. He’s a UM fan who is married to a PSU alum (IIRC) and has been a good poster here over the years.

He defends his team and there’s nothing wrong with that. Everyone here would do the same if the tables were turned.

I have no problem with him demanding absolute proof where opposing fans may be quicker to assume the worst. We’ve all done the same not long ago.
Opinions vary.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
Insiders from 0n3 Michigan now claiming the higher ups breathing a sigh of relief after being informed nothing will happen this season. Still, those higher ups downtrodden that almost certainly after this year, the program will be damaged severely by sanctions and the Harbaugh era is already being mourned as dead man walking.

We are also hearing it was used to interfere in the SEC race last year, (Tennessee vs South Carolina). Georgia and Tennessee signs were reportedly stolen. If they were tampering with the SEC outcome last year, it’s crossed a major new red line.

I don’t know their actual stance on everything. The article about the OC that was fired said the computer thing they are investigating him for isnt related to the spying thing. Who knows at this point.

Reactions: psu00
Westcoast24 is not a troll. He’s a UM fan who is married to a PSU alum (IIRC) and has been a good poster here over the years.

Thanks Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I don’t know their actual stance on everything. The article about the OC that was fired said the computer thing they are investigating him for isnt related to the spying thing. Who knows at this point.
True. I didn’t mean to conflate the two. From what I’ve read the old OC is being investigated for computer fraud- totally unrelated to the sign stealing accusations.

The only thing we're missing is betting. Somebody there, either player or on staff, had to place a bet based on this.

When the dust settles, this could make Iowas off-season seem like a walk in the park.

Hairball was failing and about to be run out of town a few years ago and “miraculously” turns things around. It was all built on lies and cheating. These dirtbags are going down. I knew there was something more to the TCU game. I assumed the loss was due to not “scouting” them, and to discover that TCU was tipped off about the sign stealing explains it all.

The only thing we're missing is betting. Somebody there, either player or on staff, had to place a bet based on this.

When the dust settles, this could make Iowas off-season seem like a walk in the park.
They will all carry the taint of this for a long time. If betting is attached to this it will be epic. Gotta wonder what the new PAC 12 additions think about all of this. They are probably thrilled about the possibility of UM being reduced through sanctions for several years.

Reactions: PAgeologist
Hopefully all of this swirling about screws up their psyche and we can take advantage on 11/11.

Welp this will be fun if true. https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/staff-interviews#comment-245023960

"Jimmyisgod

October 26th, 2023 at 5:30 PM ^

So yeah. This is going to get worse. Story about to drop about OSU’s cloud server being hacked by account traced back to Michigan Football to view their practice videos from last year. Rumors about this have been out there, but this story is dropping tomorrow.

And that’s how this whole investigation started about 10 months ago. "
Here apparently is the beginning source of that rumor. If this is true severe penalties should be imposed on Michigan this year. https://www.on3.com/boards/attachments/1698180613343-png.431575/

Reactions: bison13
It appears that Michigan is proper F*cked.

Phone recording would constitute illegal recording and the mere presence of someone acting on behalf of UM at these games violates in person scouting.

These are direct competitive advantage transgressions that go far beyond the usual "too much time stretching" or "texted with a recruit during a dead period". This is really bad.
Maybe he just likes CFB???

Bob Stoops piling on.
"
"If it's true, oh, absolutely [it is a big deal]. That's ridiculous," Stoops said in an appearance on the Morning Animals radio show. "Everyone (saying), 'Oh, it happens all the time!' No, it doesn't. I've never heard of that. In all my years of football and every team I've ever been on, sure, ....

"But to video people and to send people to scout and marry up a signal with the play ... No, no, no. That's terrible. It goes against everything we're about. That's wrong, if it happened." https://footballscoop.com/news/hall...ob-stoops-blasts-michigans-potential-cheating

Reactions: bison13 and blmr31
Welp this will be fun if true. https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/staff-interviews#comment-245023960

"Jimmyisgod

So yeah. This is going to get worse. Story about to drop about OSU’s cloud server being hacked by account traced back to Michigan Football to view their practice videos from last year. Rumors about this have been out there, but this story is dropping tomorrow.

That’s a major crime and if true then how would it take over a year to come out? If it happened and took this long to be discovered then there will also be some IT people at OSU losing their jobs. It would also take things out of the NCAA hands and into law enforcement hands.

You need to stop. If you wish to put these two on ignore that's fine, go for it. You claim that their responses "hijack every thread" but yet you dont see that you're doing the very same thing. The fact that you're so obsessed with these two says more about you than it does about them.

Bob Stoops piling on.
"
"If it's true, oh, absolutely [it is a big deal]. That's ridiculous," Stoops said in an appearance on the Morning Animals radio show. "Everyone (saying), 'Oh, it happens all the time!' No, it doesn't. I've never heard of that. In all my years of football and every team I've ever been on, sure, ....

"But to video people and to send people to scout and marry up a signal with the play ... No, no, no. That's terrible. It goes against everything we're about. That's wrong, if it happened." https://footballscoop.com/news/hall...ob-stoops-blasts-michigans-potential-cheating
For all the coaches like Prime saying imbecilic things like “it’s not a big deal to know the plays, you’ve still got to execute”, there’s this. As someone said, if Prime is so confident in his position, he needs to put his money where his mouth is and give his signals and play book to all opponents pregame.

Yeah, I thought so

"Jimmyisgod

Has anyone there started questioning how they suddenly started to dominate the Suckeyes after getting their bits kicked for years? Seems to be an amazing coincidence here……

Reactions: bison13 and LMTLION
For all the coaches like Prime saying imbecilic things like “it’s not a big deal to know the plays, you’ve still got to execute”, there’s this. As someone said, if Prime is so confident in his position, he needs to put his money where his mouth is and give his signals and play book to all opponents pregame.

Yeah, I thought so

How can anyone deny or disagree that knowing what the opposition is going to do gives you a HUGE advantage, no matter the sport? In football, why do teams use misdirection plays? Why do they use motion to try to figure out the defense? Why is there a flea-flicker play? And on and on and on... Sanders and Rhule are idiots OR doing something similar.

And I don't see how the NCAA or B1G can just sit by and do nothing for this year while there's a continuous stream of news about this scandal.

Does anyone know if the Weiss Investigation information about the computer hacking comes out today. There is another thread on this but it is completely derailed with a bunch of girls having a pillow fight.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Has anyone there started questioning how they suddenly started to dominate the Suckeyes after getting their bits kicked for years? Seems to be an amazing coincidence here……
I can explain how they beat Ohio State in 2021. Ohio state had a terrible defense and fired its defensive coordinator, Kerry Combs about three games into the season and just had someone who was on staff as an analyst running their defense. Essentially, at the time of the game in 2021 Ohio state was operating without a real defensive coordinator. Ohio State gave up huge plays to nobody's during the course of the season.

Huge mistake in hiring the wrong defensive coordinator and giving Michigan an opening.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Does anyone know if the Weiss Investigation information about the computer hacking comes out today. There is another thread on this but it is completely derailed with a bunch of girls having a pillow fight.
As far as I've seen, they only said "the investigation is robust and ongoing". I saw no commitments in releasing any statements.

I have a feeling the two issues are intertwined. Perhaps the Weiss investigation is what turned up the sign-stealing one. With that, we've got three UM issues: a) lying to the NCAA that got Harbaugh voluntarily suspended b) Computer fraud and c) sign stealing. This can't be a coinkidink. My bet is that the UM program was pushing the limits until they broke in every way they could think of.

Reminds me of a line from "The Firm". A young lawyer asks the senior one about how to provide tax avoidance to clients. The older lawyer says "Your job is to bend the rules until they break." UM was bending the rules until they broke. Each one, by itself, not that big of a deal. But systemically, you can smell it all the way to Lincoln Nebraska.

Reactions: dailybuck777

Yeah, I thought so
It's remarkable how much time, effort, and resources are spent on game plans, play calling, giving the opponent different looks, and, of course, concealing play calls when, apparently, none of it is a "big deal."

Hairball was failing and about to be run out of town a few years ago and “miraculously” turns things around. It was all built on lies and cheating. These dirtbags are going down. I knew there was something more to the TCU game. I assumed the loss was due to not “scouting” them, and to discover that TCU was tipped off about the sign stealing explains it all.
I have seen other places it reported that TCU knew they were stealing signs and changed their's before the game and also used fake signs they told the players to ignore which really does explain a lot of how that game played out which was at the time a real head scratcher.

I have seen other places it reported that TCU knew they were stealing signs and changed their's before the game and also used fake signs they told the players to ignore which really does explain a lot of how that game played out which was at the time a real head scratcher.
Yeah it’s probably really annoying when you’ve unfairly stolen your opponent’s signals. Then not only don’t they actually use them, but display them to confuse you. What’s the point in cheating if the other guy won’t play along?

..and to add to that, TCU played their last game on December 3rd. They played UM on December 31st. That gave them 4 weeks to change signals and practice. tOSU said that they suspected signals were being stolen but in a week, could only change things up but not a lot.

it is also funny that TCU scored 21 first half points to be up 21-6. Michigan stormed back in the second half to make it close but could never stop TCUs offense which scored 51. This is the Michigan defense that gave up 27 to MD as their worst defensive performance all year.

essentially, the counter-espionage was more effective than the espionage itself. I love that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT