ADVERTISEMENT

My dream for J'Den Cox

BDB57

Jun 24, 2009
What a beast. Anyone who was fortunate to watch his match at Beat the Streets has to be a fan of his. I will root for him when ever he is not wrestling Taylor and Morgan( if and when he makes the drop to 84Kg).

His beat down on the Iranian today made me think that if he shocks the world (ala Clay?Ali) and win's gold in Rio, he should be given the mike while on the top of the podium and let him sing our national anthem;) He's got the pipes to do it too...have heard him sing it a few times!

Reactions: lionlover
He has <10 international freestyle matches under his belt. Just amazing what these Young guys are doing.

2020 could be nuts for the usa ...Lee zain cox hall snyder in their early to mid 20s. Plus 30+ other guys pushing them all hard.

He has <10 international freestyle matches under his belt. Just amazing what these Young guys are doing.

2020 could be nuts for the usa ...Lee zain cox hall snyder in their early to mid 20s. Plus 30+ other guys pushing them all hard.
Gwiz could also be a freestyle beast.

His win over Morgan in the NCAA finals was a disappointment to me, with MM giving up the late takedown. That was a very tight match.

In fact, those tight matches that PSU wrestlers could have won over the years are the ones I dwell on. All three finals losses last year could have been wins, as could have a few of DT's losses to Dake...

His win over Morgan in the NCAA finals was a disappointment to me, with MM giving up the late takedown. That was a very tight match.

In fact, those tight matches that PSU wrestlers could have won over the years are the ones I dwell on. All three finals losses last year could have been wins, as could have a few of DT's losses to Dake...

I'm not a wrestling expert at all, but Morgan wrestled not to lose against Cox IMHO. He should have gone all out like Nico did.

Reactions: lionlover
A few Cox shots from yesterday
hbmiQACBbUwi4JWRskOZgPiRcp6F0an79i7feW_KhGQqFozRj4ek6X4cqci_fC_skoB6hwYZfRw4ESqHBPaOE84W7hqvh5vl-AMazDpDdx2ScaD3yyjkuhSXdsVf1785vMwM1mUnXgSmVW8TWZ1rMzIk_gZlAO7hqJ8k-R8tEomUtt8-WBBZi3jL3gELTkuR1eVHUK2IL5N58YFc3_dKfgWN1svVy96zBuXsJ-aXwt4S9jb4OBXdrhT8NalzEcc1E1goL0STjWYwk4GY4VhvqBR9DDUlOALcXLoA_Ibu4ELmtc2hanC6Z5iXSmOlZZfE_Pg7w46YQ8ZNcJETDs5QjqQqDgEl9sa7K2F7Ab4lGM91P-ZzVwUXQROGbOUM20eqCvwfjnYtntIlp-U2oj29NCGrJMe3SbWp3eglncURcCsN1uca9bMQ_luOT_7SNJzfT35Wn3p15LP6ToTWpmjmH-BH076BmkERm0crLoTG5VVjeaTAs6HRJYOr0ruscQY5Elog66_Cuh3NTa4YF97P8vdTcPAeKvT5fQQnpUObd7WOZ67VonktA5pBLl4oWGXeno32m58dSH9MgyFiuFEHVYbkQsUNSjjM=w1200-h800-no

nVrw9Gjb9cSxGvZRM_joEAnq-abv5YuN2HhpRs06B_0IOctx7OyzMdjag9_f4PLxETrWp9321FyfPrh8X8VdCWR0llia660C4PwvInGPbYQGFZo3qSacEB6iFw0ZrcQmM4RA9rONBUZDes88F2hsYwi_xXwFse2SZfLo5VGrhODNjx8ncpm_dhBgrRaaguvsVdqwey5QudeHctiEs1HA0XKR3Q4xNSJprc12SvxNR7zHwwcL605L90PBgUbqGK7bv1brVMaZ4DFvct6TOGCvdM_FUvY-hhDa_L-Qy8f7Ki7NehcyAEOGTc6oOlF8-K3Orrwr11jK7by45xnmDZYKkEjL_Zl9PiBF11Xk3W0WOegw2b5hUzn6NrwDjJpLwxl4gBMguMoHN6XjGMQ5otAGUzx5zTxXpwmvRY340ZaYR734kbcatRIZM6ZmioOAT03XjSRK4BxBsjv1z1a123VEnTXK6StZR_4Z_8CXw2vLm1M0tpSmWlHEGxOOoElJ2bmAKQzAFtCWI__JfWVRpioQ4hZ4sN7caSGhYlHQkk_fnjd93YQBifcYuX7zeH34HxLX9mtcDf-IVhoDRcooBxxS_rcV-6gqKlN_=w597-h895-no

3Um7saimO-b_t_RHnhD85R1gV7e1Llomzt22G_SXftH4MfgFPe-EB9i3TYQov6UDid7Edk8xWdkKfuqkruXkrh9dqDN5QlkqmQUetv8x5aWR-z0PDVfwQcBy3xzG47QR-dA39wsASPZ1U_SGCBD6qqHcGQYW49mVzB1ubh5Zd0VQYYwHoy8Yku0xy57n-UqDnd9q8ki46aUTqZOMKVS_wTpDxdOBMTl_tK9E_84H4da88eckh36SGhWeNLqxgGy7ekSwHsLUsfTZN6BHvB6uX7urxZsWsoVOmJOCuR29z-6tRzrNDC7Y9gpZOFikrHDXrMO_Z5pOqbNKcNiTnLfk61KKk-uevm7cFzOpyEBD5iNaBDrMLdAplikNdsPo7fsAw40dPCdlITw2J7pfL3oxBKO5jZO-108bOy-2U6Wad45J-W4vEYCVKkHZSDLmhHnvWOsmsZic8guVE0hVT3VE51TyCtKYUVFpUw0oMTPZar28gqy-voRSVX31gTg17aWQJplbf3oN2viqXfaAvopuAGMGSbNTCcO3qZnB2bcyoX_2CFr3RBkGHb68WAkOaJwSemTEI7l9ZEK5bhYJbveM3YcvTZY5B0CM=w1200-h800-no

Agreed. But we were also on the flip side of the coin with Matt Brown the previous year.

I knew J'Den was good as all get out but like Snyder before him, has hit a new level. In his college matches his freshman and sophomore year, he was all coiled spring but didn't pounce enough except when he wanted to. Reminds me of Ed in this manner. Now, he is consistently at that level on most of his shots and is very fun to watch. I'd say we now have potential to medal at every weight.

Many think Frank has a huge uphill climb but after what he's been through since the start of trials, I am not betting against him. Like him or not, dude has a huge heart pounding inside that chest. Can't wait.

I posted this on another board, but after watching Cox beat the Iranian in last night's bout (rather easily), I realized that last year Morgan beat 2 Olympians BOTH Snyder and Cox! One already a World champ and the other won making great strides. I'm sad that Morgan's quest for an NCAA title came up just short. But he really had a great wrestling career at PSU!!

I knew J'Den was good as all get out but like Snyder before him, has hit a new level. In his college matches his freshman and sophomore year, he was all coiled spring but didn't pounce enough except when he wanted to. Reminds me of Ed in this manner. Now, he is consistently at that level on most of his shots and is very fun to watch. I'd say we now have potential to medal at every weight.

Many think Frank has a huge uphill climb but after what he's been through since the start of trials, I am not betting against him. Like him or not, dude has a huge heart pounding inside that chest. Can't wait.

Agree on both points. One thing about Frank. I think those that have a negative view of him, don't know much about him personally. From all I know of him is that he's really a great guy in real life. Hopefully with the olympics coming more people will come to appreciate that!

Agree on both points. One thing about Frank. I think those that have a negative view of him, don't know much about him personally. From all I know of him is that he's really a great guy in real life. Hopefully with the olympics coming more people will come to appreciate that!
Some folks only look at the college singlet to determine their "hate". Not as many as some may think, but it's definitely there. Kind of lame, imo.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Meh...It makes for good rivalries but I'm a firm believer that it all stops at the water's edge.

From the little I've read on the HR, even Iowa fans that don't like Frank, are firmly behind him in his Olympic quest. We're all Americans!

Meh...It makes for good rivalries but I'm a firm believer that it all stops at the water's edge.
Yeah, for me as well. I meant the "Not as many as some may think" comment, though my feeble memory has recollections of Dake-hate, Molinaro-hate, and a couple others from a few 1-percent'ers.

From the little I've read on the HR, even Iowa fans that don't like Frank, are firmly behind him in his Olympic quest. We're all Americans!
Personally I don't know enough about him to like or dislike him (hard to imagine disliking the kid, very few wrestlers at that level are dis-like-able in person from my experience). It is, admittedly, hard to get past the singlet, especially when the Club teams are often an extension of the program, but when it comes to the Olympics, I for one am 100% behind our team, each and every one of them. Especially since I discovered that PA is actually part of the United States, go figure.

I don't have any hate of any college wrestlers. They put in more hard work then any other sport. They give it all every time on the mat. I sure love watching Zain, Nolf, Nickal, and for sure will enjoy Hall as I have followed him his whole career at Apple Valley...Now when they wrestle the Hawks have to root against them but have no hate as these kids have special talent.

I'll admit, it was intentional. You found the Easter egg.
If Tikk10 laid an Easter Egg, then maybe BDB57 hid one in the OP--the part about dreaming of Cox.

Nothing is just what it seems around here ... See what you've started, Yekrut321! ;)

I too think we are a threat for a medal at every weight. I'll admit, I wasn't too fond of Frank, mainly because of his 'Jerseyish' aura he gave off + he was a PSU guy :p but after I listened to his interview after winning the OTT's and a few other interviews he seems like a genuinely good guy, and on top of that he has shown tremendous heart in a lot of comeback wins over his FS career thus far. I remember a comeback win against Humphrey i think? or maybe it was Kennedy, where he hit a big 4 pointer at the end in the closing seconds of the match to win. As well as his gutsy wins back to 3rd after being eliminated from the finals at the qualifier, which ended up being the reason he qualified!

Reactions: Azchief32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT