ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi being called out by Pitt players

mikemauti42

Oct 6, 2012

Pat Narduzzi was called out earlier today by a former Pitt student for not saying anything throughout this situation while other coaches have had a voice. Current players Dayon Hayes and Paris Ford liked the tweet.

Now former players are calling him out. Why would anyone want to play for this guy

Well, Pitt does have those 27 nattys, or whatever they claim it is

No. No. No. Don’t believe it. Duzz has character. He would never. He’s not a snake oil salesman like James in Crappy Valley.

Reactions: bison13

Pat Narduzzi was called out earlier today by a former Pitt student for not saying anything throughout this situation while other coaches have had a voice. Current players Dayon Hayes and Paris Ford liked the tweet.

Now former players are calling him out. Why would anyone want to play for this guy
Mauti, I don't see a problem with coach Narduzzi not commenting on demonstrations at this time. Just what the heck would he say....mimicking versions of other coach speak? Other players liked "the tweets"...this is probably the dumbest and most illerate age group to give audience.

Sorry, I'm 71 years old and still beat the livening $hit out of my children.

Last edited:
Mauti, I don't see a problem with coach Narduzzi not commenting on demonstrations at this time. Just what the heck would he say....mimicking versions of other coach speak? Other players liked "the tweets"...this is probably the dumbest and most illerate age group to give audience.

Sorry, I'm 71 years old and still beat the livening $hit out of children.

Let's skip the out of touch opening paragraph and go right to the final statement ... what. in. the. world?

You wait until the time is right and least expecting, you attact them from behind and ask......"Who's your daddy"
Let's skip the out of touch opening paragraph and go right to the final statement ... what. in. the. world?
Called "click bait" dinger.... you believe everything you read...nimrod?

nardoozie is too busy not making pitt great again to comment on societal issues.

#NMPGA

You wait until the time is right and least expecting, you attact them from behind and ask......"Who's your daddy"

Called "click bait" dinger.... you believe everything you read...nimrod?

I'll wait until you're speaking English.

There must be some kind of inside joke to this child abuse angle.

Wtf*

Nobody wants to play for him. Pitt is where people end up when they don’t have a better option.

What would he say? How about that he stands with his players in supporting BLM and that the institutional racism in our country needs to end. He could say that the police brutality towards POC needs to be addressed in a real way. He could say effective change needs to take place.

If I could write that statement I’m two minutes Pat Narduzzi could draft a statement. I can guarantee his players feel a certain way about what is happening in our country right now.

It takes a real man to wait until peak civil unrest then unload on your former coach.

Oh the kid stirring things up is a grad transfer leaving Pitt too?

Sour grapes?

My thoughts too. If these guys were so insulted by what the Nar-douche asked them to do, or said to them, then why not make it an issue right then & there? Why not ask for a transfer? Instead, wait how many years later?? Why not make complaints about maybe what your old Junior High Vice-Principal said to you 15 years ago?

Reactions: fkkkjm
It takes a real man to wait until peak civil unrest then unload on your former coach.

Oh the kid stirring things up is a grad transfer leaving Pitt too?

Sour grapes?
No it because in the world of college athletics the coaches hold all the power. Players know they can't talk because it will have a direct effect on their playing time. There is not whistle blowers protection in college football.

Reactions: NJPSU
No it because in the world of college athletics the coaches hold all the power. Players know they can't talk because it will have a direct effect on their playing time. There is not whistle blowers protection in college football.

The transfer portal changed all that dude. The hardship waivers are letting guys play immediately too. Players have power now

Reactions: PSUfiji
I’ll say it again if James Franklin had 5 players calling him out on twitter on a serious issue, it’d be all over twitter being retweeted by Pittsburgh media. It’d be the hot topic on 93.7 the fan. Not one Media member in Pittsburgh has even brought this up

I’ll say it again if James Franklin had 5 players calling him out on twitter on a serious issue, it’d be all over twitter being retweeted by Pittsburgh media. It’d be the hot topic on 93.7 the fan. Not one Media member in Pittsburgh has even brought this up
Hell, it would be all over ESPN.

That’s probably because there is so much else going on in the sports world!? You know ... golf and ... golf. o_O

Who cares. Pitt sucks. I'm so over the media giving everyone the tar and feather treatment I'm actually glad the Narduzzi bullshit isn't getting more press. Let them suck for other reasons than their coach used the word "thug". Screw kids using social media for character assassinations. I want to take a steaming dump on all of these fake hashtag movements too.

Who cares. Pitt sucks. I'm so over the media giving everyone the tar and feather treatment I'm actually glad the Narduzzi bullshit isn't getting more press. Let them suck for other reasons than their coach used the word "thug". Screw kids using social media for character assassinations. I want to take a steaming dump on all of these fake hashtag movements too.
I agree about the media unfortunately the only reason this isn’t getting any coverage is because it’s Narduzzi and Pitt and no one gives a sh!t. If it was Franklin and PSU, it would be on the ESPN ticker.

Hell, it would be all over ESPN.

Dead right on this. If just one derogatory comment were made vs. James Franklin by an ex-player not only would it be running non-stop on the bottom scroll of the ESPN screen, but they'd probably have 24-hour dedicated round table discussion shows on the subject.

Reactions: BBrown and ram2020
I agree about the media unfortunately the only reason this isn’t getting any coverage is because it’s Narduzzi and Pitt and no one gives a sh!t. If it was Franklin and PSU, it would be on the ESPN ticker.

I definitely agree.

Sounds like a number of current players, including Paris Ford liked these Tweets, then unliked them. This isnt surprising. Nardooozi can hardly contain himself from saying dumb things in public, one can only imagine what he says to his players and coaches behind closed doors,

Reactions: odshowtime
My thoughts too. If these guys were so insulted by what the Nar-douche asked them to do, or said to them, then why not make it an issue right then & there? Why not ask for a transfer? Instead, wait how many years later?? Why not make complaints about maybe what your old Junior High Vice-Principal said to you 15 years ago?

Agreed. The same goes for people who are sexually abused. Or people who suffer from domestic abuse. Or really anyone who has been the target of anything. Maybe someone who was harassed in the workplace. Either speak up right away or your voice is totally invalidated.

/s

I could be wrong and would be happy to be educated, but I think the word became popularized in the Black community. I have definitely heard rappers use it often. Once it becomes embraced by the community, I becomes not okay for white people to use the term as an identifier anymore. I remember John Beilin's players walking out on him for the term as coach of the Cavs? They have embraced the term(not sure why they would want to but oh well), so now it is racist and offensive to refer to people causing ruckus and crime as thugs, assuming there are AA's among that group? I could be very wrong, happy to be educated on when and how the term "thug" became a euphemism for much more serious rhetoric.

While we debate the whether THUG. :eek: is RACIST. :eek: , I’m sure we can all agree that nardoozie is a RACIST. :eek: .

:eek:

Reactions: ram2020
I could be wrong and would be happy to be educated, but I think the word became popularized in the Black community. I have definitely heard rappers use it often. Once it becomes embraced by the community, I becomes not okay for white people to use the term as an identifier anymore. I remember John Beilin's players walking out on him for the term as coach of the Cavs? They have embraced the term(not sure why they would want to but oh well), so now it is racist and offensive to refer to people causing ruckus and crime as thugs, assuming there are AA's among that group? I could be very wrong, happy to be educated on when and how the term "thug" became a euphemism for much more serious rhetoric.

I vote for “ne’er do wellers” as the new term for any people who do bad things.

Reactions: RandyL
Speaking only for myself and my own experiences and thoughts:

Over time, I have come to firmly believe that I must consider the impact, or potential impact, of my words and actions, and not just my intent. If I don't listen to what those impacts are or may be, from the people or institutions or who/whatever they are aimed at, I'm doing myself and others a disservice. If I don't, I risk that regardless of what I was trying to say, the message was overshadowed by the feelings of the person hearing the words. So my message becomes less effective, and impactful in the wrong direction. In positions I've held, as with long-time and recent friends and acquaintances, that is a bad thing. I want the impact to match the intent.

I try to keep in mind that the meaning of words evolve and distort over time, and far more rapidly now than in the recent past. I don't care to actively keep up with how words are now used, but when I see something in print, or hear it, I try to make a mental note to either check it out with trusted friends or simply make the note to not use it, as I would rather err on the side of respect for someone else's perception and feelings. It's a simple change of approach for me, a very minor inconvenience at worst.

I'm not a sensitive person, I can take jokes and even verbal assaults (another advantage of age and experience), so my tolerance is far greater than what I assume anyone else's to be. That has served me well. I don't try to please everyone, but I absolutely try to respect everyone I interact with until they give me reason to not. My experiences are relatively narrow and limited, and I never know about anyone else's story unless and until I listen to them. I've heard some real eye-openers that have made a huge impact on me, and helped to form this approach to my personal communications.

Again, just writing out my thoughts on this; consider or reject (or ignore me) them as you wish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT