ADVERTISEMENT

Next MBB coach!

Tyrone Nesby's LinkedIn page says he is an aspiring NCAA coach. He's familiar with the area, has NBA and D1 experience as a player. Only coaching experience is AAU and the high school level. Then again Jerry Stackhouse, Penny Hardaway, Juwan Howard, and Patrick Ewing all had zero college coaching experience too.

I don't think it happens, but is it possible PSU goes this route with a former player with next to no real experience?
Can’t hire him until TexasLion surveys his class ... 😉

Can’t hire him until TexasLion surveys his class ... 😉

Hahahahaha. Is it really that easy to live in your head rent free?

Listen dude, your chirped in to an answer I gave someone else. And then have made sure to keep throwing jabs.

You are what is wrong with society as you would probably never talk to anyone like that in public because you would get punched in the face.

And here goes another ignore.

Tyrone Nesby's LinkedIn page says he is an aspiring NCAA coach. He's familiar with the area, has NBA and D1 experience as a player. Only coaching experience is AAU and the high school level. Then again Jerry Stackhouse, Penny Hardaway, Juwan Howard, and Patrick Ewing all had zero college coaching experience too.

I don't think it happens, but is it possible PSU goes this route with a former player with next to no real experience?
Hard pass...if I’m a Big Ten AD and I’m hiring someone with limited coaching experience with a name trying to generate a buzz, that name better be bigger than Tyrone Nesby.

Reactions: bison13

Maybe an assistant coach candidate for the next PSU MBB head coach, but there's no way Nesby would be considered for the HC job.

Hahahahaha. Is it really that easy to live in your head rent free?

Listen dude, your chirped in to an answer I gave someone else. And then have made sure to keep throwing jabs.

You are what is wrong with society as you would probably never talk to anyone like that in public because you would get punched in the face.

And here goes another ignore.
Another day, ruined.

I am happy for Dan’s success this year and hope it continues...but bringing him up as a candidate for a Big Ten job is laughable.

Appears that they've decided that they can't make money on basketball. Hope that they have some basis for that decision.

Appears that they've decided that they can't make money on basketball. Hope that they have some basis for that decision.

That‘s obviously no reason not to spend a lot of money on it.

Art: “Sandy, before you spend big on a men’s basketball coach, consider the ROI.”

Sandy: “I don’t get it.”

Maybe she can get Brandon Short to explain it to her. Maybe he already has.

It seems like there are a lot of pessimistic conclusions being bandied about in this thread without any real information to go on. I guess maybe some posters just needed something to complain about. I suggest we save the criticism until after the team loses its first game next year.

Reactions: lionbacker
This is a name I can get behind.
He would be a fantastic hire. He runs our offense and is a great recruiter. In fact we would possibly lose our Philly recruit if he took it. Plus his son is really highly regarded (a sophomore I think).

His out of bounds plays - that he learned under Stevens - are superb.

It’s only a matter of time before we lose him. Selfishly I’d hate to lose him in conference.

I’ve always said that anytime you can nab a coach with a 31% career winning percentage from the SoCon, you should jump at the opportunity!!!

His brother Brian has a slightly higher percentage at a higher level. 37% overall, 38% Ivy League.

He would be a fantastic hire. He runs our offense and is a great recruiter. In fact we would possibly lose our Philly recruit if he took it. Plus his son is really highly regarded (a sophomore I think).

It’s only a matter of time before we lose him. Selfishly I’d hate to lose him in conference.

Well, that does it....Penn state Basketball can't get lucky enough to get him:) I was on a Beilien/Matta Train until a buffy of mine told me to start looking at your guy.....I am not 100% behind him for the job.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog
Well, that does it....Penn state Basketball can't get lucky enough to get him:) I was on a Beilien/Matta Train until a buffy of mine told me to start looking at your guy.....I am not 100% behind him for the job.

What is a “Buffy of mine”? 🤣🤣

Well damn, a coach who runs blob's to score is all I need to hear. We haven't done that more than 5 times a season since dechellis.

Well damn, a coach who runs blob's to score is all I need to hear. We haven't done that more than 5 times a season since dechellis.
Not to mention that we run the exact same set to enter the ball on those plays every single time (and have for years)...surprised more teams don’t jump it like Minnesota did last night for a steal.

Not to mention that we run the exact same set to enter the ball on those plays every single time (and have for years)...surprised more teams don’t jump it like Minnesota did last night for a steal.
The only change I've seen is the occasional swap of gaurd and big switching from block to post. Either way the person on the Block is always the one who they lob it over top to. I keep waiting for somebody to run a quick screen along the Baseline in the opposite corner either direction for the cut to the basket or the corner 3 but it never happens

I know what you meant. Was funny though. Thought maybe you had your own Buffy the Vampire Slayer.😉

The original Buffy

family-affair-anissa-jones-main-2.jpg

Anthony Grant, current Dayton Flyers coach would be a good match with our current players. He plays an up tempo style game, he runs a clean program and is a seemingly fresh (young) face and a good looking young man. I watched them play today and his team plays hard and fought till the end. In game coaching is something that still needs to be developed.

Anthony Grant, current Dayton Flyers coach would be a good match with our current players. He plays an up tempo style game, he runs a clean program and is a seemingly fresh (young) face and a good looking young man. I watched them play today and his team plays hard and fought till the end. In game coaching is something that still needs to be developed.
Do we really want more of this?^

He had a good year last year with a one and done, Toppin. Dayton has a history of bringing in some sketchy guys in the past including two from the school I coached at. Before grant Miller left to go to Indiana. He has done ok there but nothing like he did in a lower school in the a10.

Not sure if grant is really that good.

Anthony Grant already makes more than our next coach will likely make (and he’s at a school that really supports their basketball program)...he’s not leaving Dayton for PSU.

What about Phil Matteli? Philly ties. He isn’t young but could give Penn St a few good years. He has head coaching experience and is on Juwan Howard’s staff at UM

What about Phil Matteli? Philly ties. He isn’t young but could give Penn St a few good years. He has head coaching experience and is on Juwan Howard’s staff at UM
He was also fired from an A10 program after 3 awful years and only won one NCAA game over his last 15 seasons after Nelson/West left Hawk Hill. Pass.

Anthony Grant is not leaving UD. He has a great contract, he is a UD alum and their arena and fan support are oustanding. He also has a great class coming in for next year. First class guy. UD is a basketball school.

He had a good year last year with a one and done, Toppin. Dayton has a history of bringing in some sketchy guys in the past including two from the school I coached at. Before grant Miller left to go to Indiana. He has done ok there but nothing like he did in a lower school in the a10.

Not sure if grant is really that good.
Toppin was at Dayton for three years. Redshirted first year and played two

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT