ADVERTISEMENT

No Singleton at practice today--anything to read into that?

They'll have to reload through the portal.

This team is dominated by 4*/5* athletes from the 6th ranked class of 2022 like Singleton, Shelton, Allar, Allen, Nelson, Durant, Carter, & Winston. Most of those guys will be gone next year and will have to be replaced by players from recruiting classes ranked around 15th. Hopefully we have a lot of players who perform better than their recruiting rankings next year but it looks to me like this year is our best chance.

FWIW next year we play at Iowa, at Ohio State, Nebraska (up and coming), and Oregon.
Allar may return if he has another so so year, we lose in our biggest games with him not performing great and not projected as a first rounder. That is not necessarily good news but could happen.

Although if Will Levis went that high than Allar could despite mediocre on-field results.

Reactions: Obliviax
It better be this year.

Next year we probably lose Allar, Singleton, Allen, Fleming, Warren, Carter, Winston, Reed, King, and several OL & DL.
I am not convinced Allar will go. Right now, he is ranked #5 QB coming into the NFL draft by Mel Kiper. That would probably mean a late first round or second round pick. QBs rarely lose draft status for getting hurt and even if he did, could probably come back for a fifth year. And his family isn't poor. They don't need the short term money. He may be better off exhausting his college experience so he doesn't wash out at QB and grab that $200m second contract from an NFL team. with NIL, he'll still make a million $.

Reactions: royboy
Grown men become high school drama queens over a player missing practice. Wow I have better things to worry about. Little clue here he either plays or he doesn't play on Saturday. All the hand wringing and outrage will not matter.
Obviously you dont' have better things to worry about, or you would be going them or spending time worrying about them instead of wasting time in this thread!!

Not true at all. Bumps and bruises would be just fine..>I'm not expecting the answer down to exact medical diagnosis. Saunders has had bumps and bruises and has been banged up...yet is still playing. But, from KJ and Nick, arguably the best players on each side of the ball, to be that vague and scoff at the media for asking, IMO is just petty. We can all disagree, but by no means is it stupid for them to ask what the status is of said players.
Yep, and Franklin had no problem telling us that Saunders had bumps and bruises and the rest of the story about his availability for punt returns.....

They'll have to reload through the portal.

This team is dominated by 4*/5* athletes from the 6th ranked class of 2022 like Singleton, Shelton, Allar, Allen, Nelson, Durant, Carter, & Winston. Most of those guys will be gone next year and will have to be replaced by players from recruiting classes ranked around 15th. Hopefully we have a lot of players who perform better than their recruiting rankings next year but it looks to me like this year is our best chance.

FWIW next year we play at Iowa, at Ohio State, Nebraska (up and coming), and Oregon.
And that's Franklin's job--reload
We can't worry about teams like Iowa or Nebraska--that's a problem if/when we do

Pathetic thing here is he probably has a 4 year (maybe more) cushion of missing the playoffs before he is canned given his stupid contract. Unless all the billionaires on this board ante up about $50-$60 mill.
Are we currently 0-4 or 4-0?

I am not convinced Allar will go. Right now, he is ranked #5 QB coming into the NFL draft by Mel Kiper. That would probably mean a late first round or second round pick. QBs rarely lose draft status for getting hurt and even if he did, could probably come back for a fifth year. And his family isn't poor. They don't need the short term money. He may be better off exhausting his college experience so he doesn't wash out at QB and grab that $200m second contract from an NFL team. with NIL, he'll still make a million $.
I expect Allar to go but who knows? Every projection I've seen has him in the first or second round. He might not be a better college QB than Ward, Sanders, Beck, Ewers, etc. but it's difficult to teach 6'5" 238 lbs. I think the player with the best chance to return is Allen. He would be a later round pick but he could really impress as the primary guy next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT