ADVERTISEMENT

Official Graham Spanier trial thread.

If anyone @ Centre Hills or Toftrees has a JG Wentworth logo-ed golf ball come through their window, or into their swimming pool this summer....well...blame the appeal process.

Reactions: Lion Lineage
Wait a minute? Why isn't this a MAJOR MAJOR news item. If i am reading this correctly, the incident was reported at least to TSM (maybe not CYS or DPW) and it was ignored?

Nothing is making sense. Curley says I wished i done more. Schultzie sort of says not much at all. They each take a plea. Why???

But if TSM actually KNEW of the incident and did nothing...then I want my $230M back! I want Freeh beaten to a pulp. I want emmert and Simon beaten to a pulp. The list goes on and on
That is one of the top 3 beefs by close watchers. In no particular order:
  • why didn't MM do something more: punch jerry, save the kid, call the police in ten years?
  • why did the BOT blame Paterno and football when they had almost nothing to do with it.
  • why weren't TSM held as or more accountable than CS & S

That number will likely come down on appeal. Regardless, I don't think it's anything to celebrate. No one IMO should have walked away from this thing with millions of dollars (save the truthful victims). Especially not the only eyewitness who didn't intervene to stop what he believed was the sexual assault of a child.

Mike doesn't deserve to be burned at the stake, but he doesn't deserve praise or millions of dollars either. He's like everyone else here, he could have done more.

+1000.
Well Said. (hands clapping emoji).

I do. I have long been suspicious of him because of his position as a child psychologist working with at risk children. He knows more to begin with: signs of abuse, signs of a perpetrator, protocols, etc.

From what I read, his testimony screams lies to me. A real child psychologist at the helm of this kind of charity for good reasons would be beside himself with remorse.

(Putting on my tinfoil hat)

I've long suspected that TSM was central to pedophilia and that politicians and high rollers alike participated in this vile form of criminality. The deflection by Tom Corbett to Paterno & football was gobbled up by both the Fake Media and generally dumb public, hook, line and sinker.

That is one of the top 3 beefs by close watchers. In no particular order:
  • why didn't MM do something more: punch jerry, save the kid, call the police in ten years?
  • why did the BOT blame Paterno and football when they had almost nothing to do with it.
  • why weren't TSM held as or more accountable than CS & S

1) You never know how someone will react in a difficult situation. Some freeze, some spring into action. We don't know what was seen or heard...tough to say why there to be honest. I know a ton of heros here talk a great game, but the statistics lay out a totally different picture when it comes to things like this.
2) Simply put...to get that hot potato off of their lap. They signed up to do a few good things for the school...not handle this crap. They wanted no part of this and lets not forget that the BoT wanted Joe gone in 04. For those that were on the pay site....restio and nitfan were crowing all year how the BoT had the votes and Joe was gone..and Joe said FU. I wonder if some of this was payback? Not saying...just saying.
3) If you are looking to make a story...who in the hell is Jack compared to Joe Paterno? Where is the story? What is going to grab the headlines.

My 2 cents.

I've long suspected that TSM was central to pedophilia and that politicians and high rollers alike participated in this vile form of criminality

Not sure if you are familiar with him, but Greg Bucceroni agrees. Look him up.

That has always been a take too far out there for me to pay any attention to, but the more I read and learn about this case, the more I'm willing to believe almost anything.

I believe that informing TSM was part of the "Plan" that was approved by all three: CS&S. as such, spanier's fingerprints are on it...and he did assist in informing someone outside of PSU.

Okay, but that seems to take away the argument that C/S/S should have reported to DPW, because now we're talking about a report to Raykovitz.

So, the elements of this "conspiracy" seem to be: 1) Curley/Schultz received information that they should have reported to Raykovitz (it was sexual), 2) Curley/Schultz and Spanier conspired together to report something different to Raykovitz, and 3) Curley went to Raykovitz and gave him information that was materially different (naked in the shower, but omitting sexual).

So, the conspiracy was to tell Raykovitz that Jerry was naked in the shower with the kid, but to obscure the fact that there was a sexual aspect to this, in order to avoid Raykovitz reporting to the authorities? This conspiracy doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: bplionfan
1) You never know how someone will react in a difficult situation. Some freeze, some spring into action. We don't know what was seen or heard...tough to say why there to be honest. I know a ton of heros here talk a great game, but the statistics lay out a totally different picture when it comes to things like this.
2) Simply put...to get that hot potato off of their lap. They signed up to do a few good things for the school...not handle this crap. They wanted no part of this and lets not forget that the BoT wanted Joe gone in 04. For those that were on the pay site....restio and nitfan were crowing all year how the BoT had the votes and Joe was gone..and Joe said FU. I wonder if some of this was payback? Not saying...just saying.
3) If you are looking to make a story...who in the hell is Jack compared to Joe Paterno? Where is the story? What is going to grab the headlines.

My 2 cents.

Oh I think you can flat out "say" it. I'm looking directly at the douche bags Surma and Garmin.

Not sure if you are familiar with him, but Greg Bucceroni agrees. Look him up.

That has always been a take too far out there for me to pay any attention to, but the more I read and learn about this case, the more I'm willing to believe almost anything.
I'm about there myself. Only somebody with a lot of money (which is the only real power in this country) could be behind this.

Okay, but that seems to take away the argument that C/S/S should have reported to DPW, because now we're talking about a report to Raykovitz.

So, the elements of this "conspiracy" seem to be: 1) Curley/Schultz received information that they should have reported to Raykovitz (it was sexual), 2) Curley/Schultz and Spanier conspired together to report something different to Raykovitz, and 3) Curley went to Raykovitz and gave him information that was materially different (naked in the shower, but omitting sexual).

So, the conspiracy was to tell Raykovitz that Jerry was naked in the shower with the kid, but to obscure the fact that there was a sexual aspect to this, in order to avoid Raykovitz reporting to the authorities? This conspiracy doesn't make sense to me.

It makes no sense. In a situation like that, if you want to conspire to keep it quiet, you don't tell Raykovitz anything. Jerry showering naked at night alone with a TSM youth and Raykovitz, a child psychologist, thinks nothing of it. Just tells Jer Bear to wear swim trunks THE NEXT TIME... meaning he's cool with Sandusky showering alone with a naked juvenile.

The McQ trial was less about Victim 2, more about how PSU handled McQ. Poorly. Like all the people from 2001.
Well, PSU allowed their new coach to hire his own competent assistants (for the most part). Never suffered a loosing (for those in the 412) season, so money well spent?

My 2 cents.

Agreed on #1. Like I said he shouldn't be burned at the stake. But the idea that he's some sort of sympathetic figure in all of this is tough to swallow for me.

Well, PSU allowed their new coach to hire his own competent assistants (for the most part). Never suffered a loosing (for those in the 412) season, so money well spent?
McQ couldn't just get not get a football job-he couldn't get a cashier job. And PSU did stupid, snarky, and unnecessary things to McQ so I don't have any pity for them.

One would think the media dolts in attendance would start to finally ask questions about TSM/JR and their whole role in enabling JS' crimes they are so outraged over and why they were allowed to ride off into the sunset without so much as a misdemeanor charge, etc...smh

How they haven't already started asking, "wait, why isn't JR the one on trial here?" is beyond me.
Posted elsewhere:

"If the Defense, in their cross of JR, had:

1 - Made it clear that such reports (even as supposedly benign as the one TC made) should have been investigated by 2nd Mile....clarified that there were protocols and requirements of such (and I can't believe those don't exist, either for 2nd Mile specifically, or for all similar agencies in the State....10 minutes of research for the Legal Eagles)

2 - Clearly make the obvious connection that:
KNOWING that 2nd Mile was obliged to investigate the situation, that it would be flat-out LUDICROUS to think that PSU was in any way attempting to "cover-up" by reporting to the 2nd Mile..... an entity which would be REQUIRED to investigate.

This trial would be long over......and there would likely be a mob waiting for JR to emerge."

Why the Defense did not do that.....is unexplainable.
And the fact that they did not - is NO ONE's fault but the Defense.

Starting to think they are trying to find a reason for conviction.

Possibly. I'm not sure that Raykovitz helped or hurt the defense . Does is shift blame and responsibility to TSM and him or does it cause them to distrust Curley?

McQ couldn't just get not get a football job-he couldn't get a cashier job. And PSU did stupid, snarky, and unnecessary things to McQ so I don't have any pity for them.
That's the story. I don't believe it, but that's the story. He wanted to be a golf professional. Any club outside of SC would have hired him on the spot to clean clubs/carts and prove his worth, while moving up and learning the business. I'd have hired him to sell putting greens and turf if he proved he could do the job.

Like w/ Dawn (in Clinton County), MM needs to get the hell out of town. Move to Boca. Pay cash for a house. Keep your mouth shut. Get on w/ your life.

This hanging around town w/ your millions does no one any good except the local hangers on.

Given his cover letters, that's no surprise.

But, you are correct. For whatever reason, PSU did not handle MM like they handled the other assistants. And that was just plain stupid.

One exception. It was not unreasonable to place MM on administrative leave, all things considered. But that's the only place that different handing was ok. HR 101 pretty much says that you lean over backwards to make sure everyone is treated the same in a case of mass layoff/firing/nonretention (what ever you want to call it). Most of us have either experienced layoffs etc. or seen it happen at our companies.

Possibly. I'm not sure that Raykovitz helped or hurt the defense . Does is shift blame and responsibility to TSM and him or does it cause them to distrust Curley?

The state trots out C/S and they stick with their story. State calls them liars in attempt to convince the jury that they told Spanier more than they're letting on. So, did they lie about what they told TSM, too, and therefore Raykovitz lied, too?

I explained that to the gal repping the papers that asked the judge.

I explained why it's unfair to these average people to throw a grenade into their lives like that - no matter how they decide.

And no - the jurors were not in the courtroom when she asked. The judge can decide NOT to release the names. He said he'd entertain her request and get back to her.

Absolutely ASSININE if he does... Or even if he tells them he is thinking about it...

WTF is wrong with Pa. ????

Jurors after the trial can do whatever they want... But let be

The state trots out C/S and they stick with their story. State calls them liars in attempt to convince the jury that they told Spanier more than they're letting on. So, did they lie about what they told TSM, too, and therefore Raykovitz lied, too?
Not sure they want to commit perjury after making a deal!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT