ADVERTISEMENT

Official Graham Spanier trial thread.

Might be getting some heels dug in at this point. We just have to hope that rationality and logic win out over emotion.
308HungJury1.jpg
law-order-juror-jury_duty-jury-foreman-verdict-njun2767_low.jpg

tumblr_mqm6quaB8D1rl3565o7_250.gif
tumblr_mqm6quaB8D1rl3565o8_250.gif

Reactions: clickhere 01
Given his cover letters, that's no surprise.

But, you are correct. For whatever reason, PSU did not handle MM like they handled the other assistants. And that was just plain stupid.

One exception. It was not unreasonable to place MM on administrative leave, all things considered. But that's the only place that different handing was ok. HR 101 pretty much says that you lean over backwards to make sure everyone is treated the same in a case of mass layoff/firing/nonretention (what ever you want to call it). Most of us have either experienced layoffs etc. or seen it happen at our companies.

Unless: MM CHANGED HIS STORY once the circumstances fit thereby screwing everybody else who did what they did based on what they new. They were obviously pissed at him.

Mike's own actions are a big reason why he is unemployable.
Look I get views toward him, but I think they are part of the tragedy in all of this. Society can't end up blaming someone trying to do the right thing, but they sure did with all involved didn't they? He didn't do himself any favors but I think he tried to do something good in 2001.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Look I get views toward him, but I think they are part of the tragedy in all of this. Society can't end up blaming someone trying to do the right thing, but they sure did with all involved didn't they? He didn't do himself any favors but I think he tried to do something good in 2001.
If he was not sure what he walked in on......then yes, he tried to do the right thing. If this is so......he stumbled when his story changed.

If he was not sure what he walked in on......then yes, he tried to do the right thing. If this is so......he stumbled when his story changed.
Just a hunch...

Guilty on child endangerment (same as Curley and Schultz plead)
Not guilty or hung jury on Conspiracy

Mike doesn't deserve to be burned at the stake, but he doesn't deserve praise or millions of dollars either. He's like everyone else here, he could have done more.
Except he is at the crux of "could've done more"!! If what he told the state is even remotely true (and I'll concede that's a BIG "if") then he cowardly left a child in harm's way. If he watered down his story to everyone at Penn State, again, he's a coward. His (in)actions started this whole shitstorm, and he doesn't deserve one fvcking penny for being a lying sack of horse shit! Sorry, no sympathy for Mike on this one - he royally shit the bed and then turned it into a grossly undeserved payday.

I place no blame for Mike about not intervening, or even not calling police. If I was in his shoes, I could see myself doing the same thing. I wouldn't want to get involved. Just being honest.

Now if I was sure I saw rape, and the kid looked like he was in distress, I'm pretty sure I would intervene. Mike never indicated any distress, and almost made it sound "consensual" (I'm well aware that a 12-14 year old kid can't consent to something like that).

But if he trumped up his story to help along the investigation, he is scum. He may have done it totally in good faith, not even realizing it would bury Joe, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier. But once it became obvious it would, he had to set the record straight. Was that what his email about his words getting twisted in the GJP was about??...We'll probably never know.

Except he is at the crux of "could've done more"!! If what he told the state is even remotely true (and I'll concede that's a BIG "if") then he cowardly left a child in harm's way. If he watered down his story to everyone at Penn State, again, he's a coward. His (in)actions started this whole shitstorm, and he doesn't deserve one fvcking penny for being a lying sack of horse shit! Sorry, no sympathy for Mike on this one - he royally shit the bed and then turned it into a grossly undeserved payday.

I don't view it quite that simply but yeah I can understand why others feel that way. It's tough to see Mike walk away with millions and others get labeled criminals for also doing what they thought was right.

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
LMAO yeah I have. I guess at times I think there is still a chance but totally agree with you
Once those juror's names are released, they could suffer a damaging tweet from a Kardashian (or others that follow Kardashians). We're talking life-altering-ending stuff here.

Still waiting.

No idea on any status. They have to be unanimous on ALL elements of ALL the charges - and there are Course of Conduct elements to that as well.

So there are actually many decisions to be unanimous on.

Still waiting.

No idea on any status. They have to be unanimous on ALL elements of ALL the charges - and there are Course of Conduct elements to that as well.

Let me know if you need my homemade stink bomb recipe. I'll pm it to you on FB. BTW, how is Lox?

Still waiting.

Whats the general feeling there? Not sure I'm that happy about the jurors asking for Rayjovitz testimony to be read back..really wish Silver would have ripped into him...thoughts? He is a snake...

1) You never know how someone will react in a difficult situation. Some freeze, some spring into action. We don't know what was seen or heard...tough to say why there to be honest. I know a ton of heros here talk a great game, but the statistics lay out a totally different picture when it comes to things like this.
2) Simply put...to get that hot potato off of their lap. They signed up to do a few good things for the school...not handle this crap. They wanted no part of this and lets not forget that the BoT wanted Joe gone in 04. For those that were on the pay site....restio and nitfan were crowing all year how the BoT had the votes and Joe was gone..and Joe said FU. I wonder if some of this was payback? Not saying...just saying.
3) If you are looking to make a story...who in the hell is Jack compared to Joe Paterno? Where is the story? What is going to grab the headlines.

My 2 cents.

As to #1, I give McQueary a pass for what he did ir didn't do in the heat of the moment. I agree with your reasoning. But for 10 years??!! Sorry, inactivity for 10 years can only be explained by the fact he's lying about what happened in 2001 or he's a coward.

Reactions: WeR0206
The state trots out C/S and they stick with their story. State calls them liars in attempt to convince the jury that they told Spanier more than they're letting on. So, did they lie about what they told TSM, too, and therefore Raykovitz lied, too?

Who knows now?

Have you been watching society lately? I gave up a long time ago.
If you talk to a lot of Millennials, one thing that will surprise you is their ability to hold two completely contradictory beliefs at the same time--and no see any problem with that or even realize that they are contradictory.

Reactions: Ski
As to #1, I give McQueary a pass for what he did ir didn't do in the heat of the moment. I agree with your reasoning. But for 10 years??!! Sorry, inactivity for 10 years can only be explained by the fact he's lying about what happened in 2001 or he's a coward.
Or he was blackmailed by an out of control, corrupt OAG - which falls in between your two choices.

FromTwitter:
#spaniertrial scuttlebutt here is that visiting judge checked out of hotel this morning, so he's heading out today w/ verdict or hung jury

I have a 2000 wrangler same color. Of course, a little oil leak from rms. You got a sweet ride man

If you talk to a lot of Millennials, one thing that will surprise you is their ability to hold two completely contradictory beliefs at the same time--and no see any problem with that or even realize that they are contradictory.

Yep, cognitive dissonance.

FromTwitter:
#spaniertrial scuttlebutt here is that visiting judge checked out of hotel this morning, so he's heading out today w/ verdict or hung jury

Not surprising...pretty good assumption that some kind of decision would be made today...why keep all his stuff in his hotel room ? Why not check out...nothing there IMO...

I place no blame for Mike about not intervening, or even not calling police. If I was in his shoes, I could see myself doing the same thing. I wouldn't want to get involved. Just being honest.

Would you call your dad?

I feel like he told something minimal at the time because he didn't know or believe what he saw to all involved and his mind got going and maybe he realized he saw something more or thought he saw something more over time and maybe that's why the story changed. In his mind the story was the same but he expressed it differently as time passed when he was able to put it all together. The whole thing is a tragedy. I feel like MM and Joe and the admins attempted to do the right thing for that time period and the circumstances that followed shows they failed like TSM, like CYS, like DPW, like anyone that came in contact with Jerry.. we as a society are to blame.. but the desire to blame someone or something overcame the opportunity to learn and help other children in our communities. This witch hunt hasn't helped anyone and hasn't helped any of the victims. The only good thing was getting Sandusky behind bars. MM is partially responsible for this.

so if the jury doesn't come back with anything today and the judge pushes it until Monday do they go home or are they stuck in a hotel over the weekend

Iv
Not surprising...pretty good assumption that some kind of decision would be made today...why keep all his stuff in his hotel room ? Why not check out...nothing there IMO...
i have never had to check back in to a hotel because I made an assumption......not

Last edited:
Noticed that too. But much of my concern is the older "leaders" of today's society.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT