ADVERTISEMENT

Official National Signing Day Thread

bmw199

Apr 10, 2013
Good morning! Going to be a great day regardless of what happens with the rest of the board that's uncommitted! We are bringing in some really great talent and should be proud of Franklin and staff's effort. I will be updating the OP and responding to this thread throughout the day.

Ucommitted
Who and When:
Karamo Dioubate - 6:00 pm
Riley Cole - 3:00 pm

Do we have a shot and where do I think they are going:
Ferns - Slim to none - WVU - Picked WVU
Hill - I still put us at about 15% and the second choice - UM - Picked UM
Dioubate - Probably in a distant second (CORRECTION: we are a distant third) - TU - Picked TU
Snelson - I actually think 50/50 - PSU - Picked UCF
Weaver - 50/50 - Pitt - Picked Pitt
Cole - No clue - South Alabama
Pigrome - None - UMD - Picked UMD
Hansford - None - UCLA - Picked A&M
Nordin - None (thank God) - UM - Picked UM
Johnson - None - UM - Reaffirmed to UM
Gary - LOL LMAO ROTFL - Clemson - Picked UM
Pryts - Decommitted - Stanford

Faxed in LOI
Danny Dalton - TE - Early Enrollee
Alex Gellerstedt - OT - Early Enrollee
Connor McGovern - OL - Early Enrollee
Jake Zembiec - QB - Early Enrollee
Shane Simmons - DE
Will Fries - OL
Cameron Brown - OLB
Antonio Shelton - DT
Michal Menet - OL
Blake Gillikin - P
Zech McPhearson - CB
Miles Sanders - RB
Daniel Joseph - DE
Shaka Toney - DL
Ellison Jordan - DT
Anthony (TJ) Johnson - CB
Dae'lun Darien - WR
Tyrell Chavis (JUCO) - DT
Brenon Thrift (JUCO) - DT
Alex Barbir - K

I will update as I get more, but for now this list includes everyone I've even heard mentioned. Let's hope for the good guys and a surprise from someone.

Last edited:
No offense, but everyone will be updating as they get more, or as they think they have more.

And Ferns is to WVU. No surprise at all. I'm not sure if that storm hadn't have happened if it would have made a difference. It was looking more Mountaineers by the second even after a few weeks ago it was being reported we had the slight edge.

2016 Early Enrollees

Dalton_Danny_head.jpg

Danny Dalton
Early Enrollee
Tight End 6-4 240
video-camera.png

=======

Gellerstedt_Alex_head.jpg

Alex Gellerstedt
Early Enrollee
Offensive Line 6-6 275
video-camera.png

=======

McGovern_Connor_head.jpg

Connor McGovern
Early Enrollee
Offensive Line 6-5 310
video-camera.png

======

Zembiec_Jake_head.jpg

Jake Zembiec
Early Enrollee
Quarterback 6-3 205
video-camera.png

But, still just as satisfying.

Welcome Shane. Personally, as tired I am of all the recruiting nonsense, the way you and your family have handled the nonsense has been a welcome relief. I wish you success in the classroom and on the field.
Very well said! I am the biggest Shane Simmons fan mainly because of his positive vibes to this great school throughout this whole process and never once wavering. You are a class act and a man of your word Shane. Welcome

Good morning! Going to be a great day regardless of what happens with the rest of the board that's uncommitted! We are bringing in some really great talent and should be proud of Franklin and staff's effort. I will be updating the OP and responding to this thread throughout the day.

Ucommitted
Who and When:
Brendan Ferns - 7:00 am
Lavert Hill - 9:00 am
Karamo Dioubate - no time
Dredrick Snelson - 12:00 pm
Rashad Weaver - no time
Riley Cole - 3:00 pm
Tyrrell Pigrome - no time
Aaron Hansford - no time
Quinn Nordin - 11:00 am
Nate Johnson - 8:00 am
Rashan Gary - 1:00 pm

Do we have a shot and where do I think they are going:
Ferns - Slim to none - WVU - Picked WVU
Hill - I still put us at about 15% and the second choice - UM
Dioubate - Probably in a distant second - TU
Snelson - I actually think 50/50 - PSU
Weaver - 50/50 - Pitt
Cole - No clue
Pigrome - None - UMD
Hansford - None - UCLA
Nordin - None (thank God) - UM
Johnson - None - UM
Gary - LOL LMAO ROTFL - Clemson

Faxed in LOI
Danny Dalton - TE - Early Enrollee
Alex Gellerstedt - OT - Early Enrollee
Connor McGovern - OL - Early Enrollee
Jake Zembiec - QB - Early Enrollee
Shane Simmons - DE
Will Fries - OL
Cameron Brown - OLB

I will update as I get more, but for now this list includes everyone I've even heard mentioned. We will be on pins an needles to see if Pryts makes an official decision on Stanford. It is not looking good for Pryts at the moment. Let's hope for the good guys and a surprise from someone.

Really nice summary. Thanks for taking the time to put it all together along with your other updates. Great work.

Mack Brown with a great anecdote on ESPNU just now about how whenever he got his signees on campus he would print out and make stars for each guy, based on their highest ranking, with their name on them and then they would all burn them to signify that you may have been a 4 or 5 star in high school but now you got zero stars.

Pryts signing at 9:00am, so we'll get the answer to that. Does not say with who

Mack Brown with a great anecdote on ESPNU just now about how whenever he got his signees on campus he would print out and make stars for each guy, based on their highest ranking, with their name on them and then they would all burn them to signify that you may have been a 4 or 5 star in high school but now you got zero stars.

That is similar to what our new players used to have to face each year at their first team meeting. They would each be told to stand and list all of their accomplishments. The rest of the team would then shout: "Who cares?"

Welcome Shane. Personally, as tired I am of all the recruiting nonsense, the way you and your family have handled the nonsense has been a welcome relief. I wish you success in the classroom and on the field.

Very well said! I am the biggest Shane Simmons fan mainly because of his positive vibes to this great school throughout this whole process and never once wavering. You are a class act and a man of your word Shane. Welcome

My first thought as I saw the list of LOIs that had come in was that I would have been surprised if Shane's had NOT been the first. Everything he and his family have done has been done with class. Aside from sticking to this commitment, they have not had a bad word to say about anybody else or any other school.

Very happy to have Shane and the Simmons family as part of the Penn State family. Big welcome to all of you!

Amen to that. Can't wait to see this guy take heads off on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT