ADVERTISEMENT

Official National Signing Day Thread

Probably a decade ago when discussing 'where' top recruits go (typically not far from home) on this board, I did a bit of research and found that per capita, Louisiana was at least top five in terms of state producing NFL talent, and more than 80% of those players went to LSU. I don't know that they're overrated or not, but that state is bursting at the seams with talent and most of it stays home.
Participation rates are through the roof

I want to see Dariens loi ....this guy is Eugine Robinsonesqueor could grow into NFL TE type.

Every kid plays football

Ah, yeah. For sure.

Another ESPNU observation: No mention of Penn State (to my knowledge). Most coverage focused on Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Ole Miss, and Notre Dame. Are we expecting videoconference or anything with Franklin today?

Lavert Hill to UM

tumblr_niivao5ElX1taqojco1_400.gif

Bama currently sitting at the #9 class according to ESPN - how far do they move up by the end of today? Who moves up the most?

Pryts just killed the day for me. One of the main reasons why I don't follow as much as I used too. He is free to go wherever. It's his life and choice, but why be a jerk?

That's why I try not to get my hopes up, makes things easier.

Pryts just killed the day for me. One of the main reasons why I don't follow as much as I used too. He is free to go wherever. It's his life and choice, but why be a jerk?
Dude, that was generally anticipated. Why it would ruin your day is a mystery.

Do you mean to tell us that you can find no good from our signings today?

"killed the day." SMH. LOL.

LOL. 'Killed the day' must be from someone I have blocked. Will try to guess who it was....

Awful day, really, considering the expectations of two months ago. We were in the top ten, top five on some....we won't be in the top 20. Sorry, for me, very disappointing day.

I believe that it was posted elsewhere that what went down today with Pryts was at the advice given to him by PSU coaching staff. They felt that his signing with Stanford would be lost in the signing day exciting, saving him from any negative media exposure.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Ah, yeah. For sure.

Another ESPNU observation: No mention of Penn State (to my knowledge). Most coverage focused on Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Ole Miss, and Notre Dame. Are we expecting videoconference or anything with Franklin today?
Franklin was or is on BTN. I can't bring myself to turn it on. Dinardo kills me

Reactions: Blueblood4eva
I believe that it was posted elsewhere that what went down today with Pryts was at the advice given to him by PSU coaching staff. They felt that his signing with Stanford would be lost in the signing day exciting, saving him from any negative media exposure.
Thinking about it more, that doesn't surprise me. Think of it from Franklin's perspective, how do I have this happen with the least negative effect to me. Just have it be quietly done at his HS. It still rubs me wrong, but if it's gonna happen then glad Franklin had some say in how.

ESPN has

OSU #2
Michigan #5
Notre Dam #12
PSU #15
Michigan State #20
Pitt #38

BTN is borderline disrespectful in their coverage of PSU signing. They emphasize the decommits not the signings.

Nice late addition. Another potential DT. i.e. other site projects him to play DT and his JC coach says he is 272 LBs and likely to be 280+ when he enrolls in May. Former Gateway H.S. (my H.S. ....) and Temple commit. Obvious ties to coach Smith.

Brenon Thrift
Weakside defensive end
STARS
Lackawanna C.C.
Scranton, PA
RR: N/A
Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 260 lbs
Class: 2016

BTN is borderline disrespectful in their coverage of PSU signing. They emphasize the decommits not the signings.
Is it being disrespectful or simply reporting the bigger story surrounding PSU 2016 recruiting. I'm typically a glass is half full guy, but when I think back on this class, I will certainly think of Sanders, Menet, Simmons etc, but foremost probably remember the extraordinary number of decommits. Now saying that, we may be getting a taste of the future. This is the landscape in college recruiting.

Awful day, really, considering the expectations of two months ago. We were in the top ten, top five on some....we won't be in the top 20. Sorry, for me, very disappointing day.
The quality of this class is little different from three months ago. It's the other classes that improved.
The real quality of every schools class won't be known for 2-3 years.

Is it being disrespectful or simply reporting the bigger story surrounding PSU 2016 recruiting. I'm typically a glass is half full guy, but when I think back on this class, I will certainly think of Sanders, Menet, Simmons etc, but foremost probably remember the extraordinary number of decommits. Now saying that, we may be getting a taste of the future. This is the landscape in college recruiting.

Extraordinary? Either youre a drama queen or you don't follow recruiting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT