ADVERTISEMENT

Official National Signing Day Thread

Ah, yeah. For sure.

Another ESPNU observation: No mention of Penn State (to my knowledge). Most coverage focused on Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Ole Miss, and Notre Dame. Are we expecting videoconference or anything with Franklin today?

Which begs the question, why in the world would you be watching a Network that is going to pump their most valuable properties, the SEC and ACC, and expect to see much if anything about Penn State? The Big Ten Network has 8 straight hours worth of live coverage which I am taping focused strictly on the Big Ten and Penn State. I think they will be replaying the last 4 hours of the show later tonight after the basketball games. The BTN National Signing Day show is probably running live right now.

Reactions: BowieLion
That kid pledged his loyalty to PSU AGAIN and AGAIN after our DC left.

There were pictures, twitter crap, all this 'I firm with my PSU commit' from him.

Screw him.

Come on Glov, don't rant on an 18 year old kid. Or his parents. Let's just move on. Maybe he looked at the 3 Safety's that redshirted last year and saw a better opportunity out west. Maybe he just wanted to get away. Who knows. Recruiting is a tough business. Even tougher for a coach to recruit honestly. I'm proud that CJF is proceeding with it honestly and with honor. In the long run that will uphold the standards set by JoePa and with hard work and the backing of 107K strong will attract the talent to compete for B10 championships.

Looks like we have a class of 20 great young men and that's what I'm focused on.

Come on Glov, don't rant on an 18 year old kid. Or his parents. Let's just move on. Maybe he looked at the 3 Safety's that redshirted last year and saw a better opportunity out west. Maybe he just wanted to get away. Who knows. Recruiting is a tough business. Even tougher for a coach to recruit honestly. I'm proud that CJF is proceeding with it honestly and with honor. In the long run that will uphold the standards set by JoePa and with hard work and the backing of 107K strong will attract the talent to compete for B10 championships.

Looks like we have a class of 20 great young men and that's what I'm focused on.

Greg, the damn family strong us along with their kid playing the 'lead' role sir.

I may forgive in time but never forget.

I'm going to try and get some Intel on the family from people who live, work, and play in the area.

Find out how they really are. It may take me several months but I'll get it.

Heck, people here may know the family personally and can shed some light.

Do tell folks!!!

By my count Michigan just won their 30th LOI with one of the top tight ends from Concord Ca. Harbs has more meritocracy cleansing to process.

By my count Michigan just won their 30th LOI with one of the top tight ends from Concord Ca. Harbs has more meritocracy cleansing to process.

Maybe no need for cleansing.
Iirc, their 2016 class has applied perhaps 7 backwards to the 2015 class. If so, at 30 LOIs, they'd still be below the 25 cap.

Perhaps their biggest focus is staying under the 85 cap in August.

Greg, the damn family strong us along with their kid playing the 'lead' role sir.

I may forgive in time but never forget.

I'm going to try and get some Intel on the family from people who live, work, and play in the area.

Find out how they really are. It may take me several months but I'll get it.

Heck, people here may know the family personally and can shed some light.

Do tell folks!!!

Nobody strung YOU along, Glov. You are not part of the equation. Neither am I.
It is between the young man, his family and the PSU coaching staff. Perhaps the staff has known for quite some time about the player's interest in another program. The ONLY important thing today is that all these players make the correct desicions for themselves. If it is PSU, great. If it is some other school, best wishes to them there. No player should ever give a hoot about what WE think. And we should never criticize the choice any of these players make. To think poorly of an 18 year old kid because he doesn't want to play for the football team we like is moronic.

Nobody strung YOU along, Glov. You are not part of the equation. Neither am I.
It is between the young man, his family and the PSU coaching staff. Perhaps the staff has known for quite some time about the player's interest in another program. The ONLY important thing today is that all these players make the correct desicions for themselves. If it is PSU, great. If it is some other school, best wishes to them there. No player should ever give a hoot about what WE think. And we should never criticize the choice any of these players make. To think poorly of an 18 year old kid because he doesn't want to play for the football team we like is moronic.

Disagree strongly sir.

But respectfully.

ToGlov: Give it a break, you're an18 year old kid from a dying PA mill town and you get the opportunity to attend one of the premier universities in Marin peninsula CA. No brainer!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT