ADVERTISEMENT

Official National Signing Day Thread

Is this thread only for PSU's NSD? I'm in NYC watching ESPNU's coverage and the Rashaun Gary stuff reminds me a lot of the Marvin Austin coverage some years back.

Is this thread only for PSU's NSD? I'm in NYC watching ESPNU's coverage and the Rashaun Gary stuff reminds me a lot of the Marvin Austin coverage some years back.
It can be anything. His coverage is wild. I mean he is a great talent but...wow

"The Duzz"

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Pryts committed to Stanford and I really call BS on him. To never officially decommit, it doesn't seem like something his family or him would have done. Good luck to him but I think it is a poor look.

Maybe he did and the staff knew but no one outside the staff knew. Maybe that's why we have Anthony Johnson....

Pryts committed to Stanford and I really call BS on him. To never officially decommit, it doesn't seem like something his family or him would have done. Good luck to him but I think it is a poor look.
Could have he had possibly privately told the staff earlier? Just speculating. Maybe something along the lines of "I'm waiting to hear if I get accepted to Stanford. If I do, then I'm gone"?

Maybe he did and the staff knew but no one outside the staff knew. Maybe that's why we have Anthony Johnson....
Probably true, but as a legacy. I think playing for Joe is akin to shaking Sinatra's hand. It means something. Whatever he's gone now. We have great players sending in LOI's and we'll be fine.

Reactions: PSU621
No surprise Pryts is gone. Oh well, I believe the defensive backfield is stacked anyway.

Pryts could have been dreading blow back. I still cringe at Dwumfour's Twitter page, which has been sporting a nasty message looking like it's from a PSU fan (hoping it was a plant).

Another interesting insight from ESPNU's coverage....LSU has 13 ESPN Top 300 players in this class - FROM LOUISIANA ALONE.

Reactions: bmw199
Another interesting insight from ESPNU's coverage....LSU has 13 ESPN Top 300 players in this class - FROM LOUISIANA ALONE.

Just a guess, but that makes me wonder if some of those prospects are over-rated. The gurus fall in love with certain areas (couldn't blame them for wanting to stop by New Orleans on a regular basis). We've seen it with Texas prospects, who seem to under-perform their star ratings.

Just a guess, but that makes me wonder if some of those prospects are over-rated. The gurus fall in love with certain areas (couldn't blame them for wanting to stop by New Orleans on a regular basis). We've seen it with Texas prospects, who seem to under-perform their star ratings.

Probably a decade ago when discussing 'where' top recruits go (typically not far from home) on this board, I did a bit of research and found that per capita, Louisiana was at least top five in terms of states producing NFL talent, and more than 80% of those players went to LSU. I don't know that they're overrated or not, but that state is bursting at the seams with talent and most of it stays home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT