ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Memphis Cotton Bowl Game Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Please use this thread for all pre-game, in-game, and post-game discussion concerning PSU, the game, the players, the coaches, etc. If responding to another post, please use the Quote function.

We Are ...

- excited to be back at the Cotton Bowl
- curious to see how the offense does with the former OC not in the booth calling the plays
- concerned about how PSU's D matches up against Memphis's O
- glad they have a dome at the AT&T stadium, as it's raining in Dallas
- looking forward to sending out the seniors and those that don't return on a positive note
- hoping this game creates a nice foundation for next season

... Penn State!!!

How, how are we going to cope with all the ‘southern’ speed!:rolleyes: All these big slow ‘northern’ boys can’t possible keep up!

Is there restriction on listening. The normal station I listen to with Ham and Jones said... restrictions

Was just about to post this. very poor showing.

they have about 30-40% of the lower field sections as well on the Penn State side

Hmmm. We typically travel much better than this. I'm home nursing my wife after foot surgery. Blame me I suppose. ;)

PSU has the tendency to allow unknown QB’s from smaller schools look like the second coming of Joe Montana. Let’s hope that trend stops today.

Reactions: paws1957
Sad and pathetic attendance by us, but then again I'm not there either so I'm at fault too. :(

I really dislike the fact that PSU has everything to lose in this game and Memphis has nothing at all to lose. Memphis loses the game, they were meant to lose. If PSU wins the game, they were supposed to win and if they lose, the world will seemingly end.

When Memphis wins big they really show out

Friggin New Orleans Bowl in 2003, Memphis first bowl game in forever, saw 20,000 Memphis fans for the game with North Texas.

Final Fours get a ton of Memphis fans

When Memphis is really struggling, they get 15,000 if that many for home football games

Nearly every Memphis fan also recognizes a school the caliber of Penn State will have dominant defensive and offensive lines and if they click, they can win at will.

It does look like a cheerleader mismatch.
Not the USC mismatch but a mismatch nonetheless.

This is essentially the biggest game in Memphis' history, whereas this matchup would not even get me excited to go if it were at home. I don't blame people for not attending this as I didn't.

All those prime seats in the Penn state section....they are available for $15 on stubhub. The same ones with the $300 face value from psu

I really dislike the fact that PSU has everything to lose in this game and Memphis has nothing at all to lose. Memphis loses the game, they were meant to lose. If PSU wins the game, they were supposed to win and if they lose, the world will seemingly end.

Two years in a row, a no win bowl game.
Attitude will go a long way to determining the outcome.

we could win and not rise, or even fall in the ratings. Consider Auburn beating Minny and the winner of Bama-Michigan jumping us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT