ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Rutgers 2020 Game Thread

I regret my earlier statement about being drunk by the end of the game. Everyone go over to Midnighter's bar and order what you want. I'm buying for the whole board...

giphy.gif

Lots of subs in on Defense.

Smith-Vilbert looks terrible, just going through the motions with no chance to get around the OT. Not much strength, no push, and not quick enough to get around Glov.

Ellies looks to be holding his own at DT. And gets a late sack.

Vanover was in but I didn't see how he performed really...

Not that great of a second half, especially on offense, but I will take the win.

It wasn’t a thing of beauty, but this OC has figured out that this offense has to play small ball. We don’t have any big threats on offense, but Dotson probably comes the closest.
I think part of the reason for the turtle - like second half offense was the wind, and that might be reasonable.
I liked to see some new guys on the DL at the end of the game playing well.

Preserve the lead - no turnovers
They did what they needed to do in very windy conditions. RU’s only touchdown was a lucky reception. Our lines were dominant today and the game was never in doubt. Goid job by the coaches to stay conservative.

My counterpoint is that we should be trying to show recruits that we are not the dumpster fire that we were to start the year. Our recruiting is extremely sub par and we should be playing hard and creative against an inferior team on the ropes.

Rutgers had all of the momentum and fire in the second half while we were playing safe and frankly headscratching football.

By the way please don’t bring me any of that just be glad we won bs. We are so f’n far from elite, safe should not be our goal against Rutgers.

My counterpoint is that we should be trying to show recruits that we are not the dumpster fire that we were to start the year. Our recruiting is extremely sub par and we should be playing hard and creative against an inferior team on the ropes.

Rutgers had all of the momentum and fire in the second half while we were playing safe and frankly headscratching football.

By the way please don’t bring me any of that just be glad we won bs. We are so f’n far from elite, safe should not be our goal against Rutgers.
Noteworthy that two of our best younger players in this defense - Porter and Hardy - were three stars.

Lots of subs in on Defense.

Smith-Vilbert looks terrible, just going through the motions with no chance to get around the OT. Not much strength, no push, and not quick enough to get around Glov.

Ellies looks to be holding his own at DT. And gets a late sack.

Vanover was in but I didn't see how he performed really...

Smith Vilbert may not have been effective, but how much has he had a chance to play this year? Your claim that he is going through the motions is a crock of you know what.

Rutgers had all the fire and momentum in the second half and scored its only TD on an absolute prayer. What freaking game were you watching?

Reactions: OhioLion
Hate to think what if, and I still feel bad for the kid, but Journey Brown would have had 250 yards today.
I keep hoping Holmes of maybe even Ford have a statement game, but it doesn’t seem likely.
We did run better today, and Lee clearly has everything except top end speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdgan and PSU Soupy
9:35 left in 3rd qtr 2 and 14. Nice grinding run. Our number 71 drives back their number 3. At the end of the play number 3 acts like he is pushed and tries to knee 71 in the jewels as he falls on him. Bush league move.

Hate to think what if, and I still feel bad for the kid, but Journey Brown would have had 250 yards today.
I don't know about that but I'm feeling pretty good about Lee. I don't feel real good about QB & WR.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT