ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Masters Experience

PSU0622

Aug 22, 2007
Just got back from Augusta and all I can say is WOW. I had high expectations but they were completely surpassed. Thanks to everyone who provided me with information on where to golf and about a good place to watch the Duke game. Tobacco road is a great course and look forward to playing there again. Also played at the home course of NC State (Loonie Poole) and was very impressed with the facilities they have there. Was very happy I was able to take a camera for the practice rounds because there is just so much to see and I can now relive the experience at any time. I was also surprised to see a familiar face there. I ran into this person when I went to the US Open at Merion and right when the gates opened at Augusta I saw him again. Our good friend Mike Mcqueary. He is honestly a really nice guy and we chatted for a bit. A few people came up to him asking for pictures and he was extremely nice and did not turn anyone away. I can go on and on about how amazing Augusta is and how it should be experienced by al golf fans. For now I will get to watch four days of great golf and start planning my next trip there.

Re: Curiosity- how much did you play for the practice round ticket?*

Won the ticket in the lottery. Paid face value which was $65 bucks.

Scalper prices on Washington Ave. are usually in the $100 - $250 range

and worth it.

An experience I'll never forget.
This post was edited on 4/8 7:18 PM by northwoods

I just returned from the Tuesday practice round. I was blown away by ....

Everything. Watching the Masters this year on tv will be a completely different experience. TV cannot portray the 13th and 18th holes. Everything about the place is first class and well organized. Watching the guys "skip" shots over the water on 16 was a blast.

OT: but why would anyone want a pic with McQuaide?*

nm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT