ADVERTISEMENT

Ot. Pretty good MNF game going on

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
Both O's seem to be moving vs good D. BOBs run game is worth a watch.

Have it on in the background, but the hardest hitting game I’ve seen this year. Granted, don’t watch much beyond Eagles games.

Reactions: TheGLOV
FLO. :eek: is on the verge of an 8-3 record. Not bad for a guy who's FLYIN'. :eek: and LYIN'. :eek: .

:eek:

Houston wins. As the game ended, one of the announcers said that FLO. :eek: and vrabel are good friends going back to their time with New England. Just after this was said, you saw FLO. :eek: and vrabel do a drive-by handshake. For the record, it appeared to be a mutual drive-by.

Passively watched the first quarter and it appeared the mostly PSU alum DL for Tennessee was getting shredded.

Last edited:
Tennessee is awful. Outside Mariotta.
I don’t get why they don’t use Henry and put Lewis as a 3rd down back.

The TNgame plan was awful. They had maybe 2-3 throws longer than 10 yards. They have a very good WR in Cory Davis and tested Hou once and it went for a Td. But the rest of the game threw threw 3 yard passes. And when they were down 17 late in the 3rd quarter they were running the ball despite the fact that they were not able to get big gains on the ground all game.

It’s pretty obvious that Vrabel doesn’t trust his offensive squad

The TNgame plan was awful. They had maybe 2-3 throws longer than 10 yards. They have a very good WR in Cory Davis and tested Hou once and it went for a Td. But the rest of the game threw threw 3 yard passes. And when they were down 17 late in the 3rd quarter they were running the ball despite the fact that they were not able to get big gains on the ground all game.

It’s pretty obvious that Vrabel doesn’t trust his offensive squad

No he uses the NE type offense. A lot of outs and short passes. Why Lewis gets so many touches.

Ah ok, didnt realize they were both in Tenn.
They are both starting. I saw the intro and it looks like they play a 3/4 with our guys as 2 of the 3 down linemen. Again, I wasn't paying too much attention, so they may have been playing fine. I glanced up a few times to see huge chunk runs by the Houston RB.

The transformation of Houston’s OL from the first 3 games (during which they couldn’t block anyone) to the past few weeks is amazing.

They are both starting. I saw the intro and it looks like they play a 3/4 with our guys as 2 of the 3 down linemen. Again, I wasn't paying too much attention, so they may have been playing fine. I glanced up a few times to see huge chunk runs by the Houston RB.
Great runs by that Houston RB, wow, really nice to watch.

Reactions: JWB389
Great runs by that Houston RB, wow, really nice to watch.
Jim I'll explain it to you, as the late great Geno Hummel said (you can look him up), "if the line blocks, we have great backs, and if the line doesnt block, the line sucks, so you might as well block'!! Probably the best lesson I've every learned!

Jim I'll explain it to you, as the late great Geno Hummel said (you can look him up), "if the line blocks, we have great backs, and if the line doesnt block, the line sucks, so you might as well block'!! Probably the best lesson I've every learned!
I take lessons in football only from people with degrees in mathematics.

Reactions: sluggo72
Tennessee is awful. Outside Mariotta.
I don’t get why they don’t use Henry and put Lewis as a 3rd down back.

Henry is slow and doesnt break many tackles as a big back. Plus he is not a good pass blocker. At least from my Nashville relatives thats why.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT