ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Top 5 dramatic series

#4 is a very tough call for me. At the risk of copping out there are several in the running including Better Call Saul, ER, Deadwood, Hill Street Blues and Band of Brothers. I kind of think Deadwood is incredibly under appreciated. A real, original masterpiece.
Vince Gilligan might be the most talented TV writer of all time.

2 PERFECT series where he nailed the endings. No unresolved storylines, all easter eggs paid off. Even created an entire series out of a THROW AWAY LINE from Breaking Bad.

Vince Gilligan might be the most talented TV writer of all time.

2 PERFECT series where he nailed the endings. No unresolved storylines, all easter eggs paid off. Even created an entire series out of a THROW AWAY LINE from Breaking Bad.
Absolutely agree. The production of both those series is really on another level. Outstanding.

#4 is a very tough call for me. At the risk of copping out there are several in the running including Better Call Saul, ER, Deadwood, Hill Street Blues and Band of Brothers. I kind of think Deadwood is incredibly under appreciated. A real, original masterpiece.
Cock sucka!!!

I’m glad I taught you that ****ing word!

All hail Al Swearengen

I 😄hearing Nick Pizzolatto was gettin' mad butthert that the new Lady had jack'd his PedoSerpent symbol and put soopernatural things - dared to put supernatural things beyond ar15 confiskator carving up beercans and Nietszsche and acid flashbacks. Reminds me of that story of dorkalork Stephen King humping Kubrick's leg over the Shining.

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
Was wondering when this thread would pop back up.

Final episode tonight and I have no idea how they wrap up the series. They’ve gone a great job with the character development - the case? Eh

I typically despise all things SuperHero related. They aren't real, and hollywood's obsession pisses me off. I stopped watching Disney very early in childhood because inanimate objects and animals can't sing and dance.

However, I have enjoyed The Boys, as Season 4 has started up.

Your Honor on Netflix! It had my daughter and I hooked throughout, and now I have my parents watching it.
First season was fantastic. Second season just ok.

The Bear season 3 started strong, but there's a noticeable drop in plot movement after episode 3.

Your Honor on Netflix! It had my daughter and I hooked throughout, and now I have my parents watching it.
Agreed. This was on Amazon and saw it several years ago. Great writing, kind of like a Grisham novel. And Bryon Cranston is one of the world's best actors.

Defending Jacob (Apple) and Ripley (Netflix) are two other great series right now. Apple has been the best of the streaming services, as of late.

I agree with all the classics on here (Sopranos, breaking ad, Yellowstone, etc). I am watching Blacklist now and think it is engaging. Not one mention (yes I scrolled thru 8 pages) of Blacklist. James Spader is really good and the stories episode to episode are good. I just finished season 2, so not sure if it turns crappy, but so far so good. Somehow it has 20 seasons of 20ish episodes. Anyone watched or have opinions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hey_Blue
I typically despise all things SuperHero related. They aren't real, and hollywood's obsession pisses me off. I stopped watching Disney very early in childhood because inanimate objects and animals can't sing and dance.

However, I have enjoyed The Boys, as Season 4 has started up.
watching the boys as well, but there are some decent things on disney, if you're not into cartoons. currently watching the acolyte. pre-stars show dealing with the break up of the jedi, some who turn to the dark side. have enjoyed anything star wars related since the 70s/80s.

Agreed. This was on Amazon and saw it several years ago. Great writing, kind of like a Grisham novel. And Bryon Cranston is one of the world's best actors.

Defending Jacob (Apple) and Ripley (Netflix) are two other great series right now. Apple has been the best of the streaming services, as of late.

Apple+ has been putting on some strong series. I haven't seen anyone mention Silo, Severance, Dark Matter or Foundation.

Reactions: tikk10
Terminal list
Last kingdom
Tom Clancys jack Ryan
Black sail (started it but never finished it)
Yellow stone
UP LOAD- honestly can't believe I lik it so much, always in a hurry for the next season!

I agree with all the classics on here (Sopranos, breaking ad, Yellowstone, etc). I am watching Blacklist now and think it is engaging. Not one mention (yes I scrolled thru 8 pages) of Blacklist. James Spader is really good and the stories episode to episode are good. I just finished season 2, so not sure if it turns crappy, but so far so good. Somehow it has 20 seasons of 20ish episodes. Anyone watched or have opinions?
100% agree. It's actually 10 seasons of about 22 episodes each. First 5-6 season are some of the best "network" television I've ever watched; and yes, it's mostly due to James Spader-the role he was born to play. A network (in this case NBC) supporting a series for 10 seasons, speaks for itself opn the quality and popularity of the show.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotshoe
For those into documentaries, you should check out Once Upon a Time in Northern Ireland. Just amazing footage and interviews
How did you watch this? I see it only on BBC II. Also, The Ballymurphy Precedent is very good.

Last edited:
I know this is for Drama series but didn't want to start a new thread. I will go with Underrated movies in basic order of age.
1. "Used Cars" with a young Kurt Russell and Jack Warden x 2
2. "Knight and Day" with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz with an early look at Gal Gadot.
3. RED with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Karl Urban, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Marie Luise Parker and Richard Dreyfuss. Yeah.....a lot of no-names but a fun ride.
4. RED 2. Subtract Dreyfuss, Urban and Freeman but add in Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta Jones, Lee Byung-hun and others
5. "Source Code" with Jake Gyllenhaal. Really quite a surprise to me
6. "Now You See Me" with Morgan Freeman, Micheal Caine, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenburg, Dave Franco and Common
7. Edge of Tomorrow with Emily Blunt, Tom Cruise and the late Bill Paxton. One of the best.
These 7 are a great start........Guarantee you enjoy them :)

Last edited:
giphy.gif

James Spader was THE reason I watched the Blacklist. He was brilliant......always a story about food, wine and women :)

Reactions: 82bordeaux
ok guys lets get serious 1-BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD 2-DUMB AND DUMBER 3-SPACE BALLS 4-ALIENS 5-THE PINK PANTHER HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD LAUGH AND A GREAT DAY!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT