ADVERTISEMENT

Other Games

If LSU loses, the narrative will be “the SEC is THAT good”. But the narrative should be, maybe the SEC is kinda crap this year starting with Alabama. Which is also a better explanation of how Tennessee emerged. Cause they looked utterly pedestrian against Georgia.

The 3 top teams are Georgia, Ohio State, and Michigan. #4 is the best conf champ outside of those 3.

It’s easy to assume the SEC is the best conference. And they probably still are easily the best conference top to bottom, but are they that much better. I don’t think so.

If LSU loses, the narrative will be “the SEC is THAT good”. But the narrative should be, maybe the SEC is kinda crap this year starting with Alabama. Which is also a better explanation of how Tennessee emerged. Cause they looked utterly pedestrian against Georgia.

The 3 top teams are Georgia, Ohio State, and Michigan. #4 is the best conf champ outside of those 3.

It’s easy to assume the SEC is the best conference. And they probably still are easily the best conference top to bottom, but are they that much better. I don’t think so.
You're top 3 is fine but Tennessee is better than any other conference champ.

Reactions: PSU Soupy
If anyone is watching Purdue / Illinois, Joey Porters penalty at the beginning of the Michigan game was child’s play compared to Illinois tackling Purdues RB 5-7 yards out of bounds and then throwing him down. Oh, and no penalty.

Reactions: lazydave841
If anyone is watching Purdue / Illinois, Joey Porters penalty at the beginning of the Michigan game was child’s play compared to Illinois tackling Purdues RB 5-7 yards out of bounds and then throwing him down. Oh, and no penalty.

The refs had to let us know to settle down early.

You must not have watched much college football this year. The only team in Big 10 that has looked decent is UM. Alabama would cream all the teams in Big 10 to include UM.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Ole Miss QB Dart ain't any good. They could have knocked them off if the dude could make some plays. I think this solidifies us into the Citrus bowl now.

LSU will win SEC west and prob go to Sugar. Bama to Orange.

Ole Miss QB Dart ain't any good. They could have knocked them off if the dude could make some plays. I think this solidifies us into the Citrus bowl now.

LSU will win SEC west and prob go to Sugar. Bama to Orange.
Yupp--basically have no shot unless LSU drops a game before Georgia
Citrus is fine--nice little scrimmage against Ole Miss or maybe Florida.
Still have a shot at the Rose though

So both yall are thinking 4 SEC teams in NY6 and just 2 from Big 10?
Yes--Georgia/Tennessee are locks
Sugar has to take an SEC
Orange will get to pick between 10-2 Alabama and 10-2 Penn State
Need Michigan and Ohio State to get in the playoff then the SEC gets 4 and Big Ten gets 3.

So both yall are thinking 4 SEC teams in NY6 and just 2 from Big 10?
Looking like the SEC will have four for sure, UGA, Tenn, LSU, Bama. Maybe we slip into the Cotton (if TCU loses) against UCF which I don't really want to happen. If Oregon, U$C or UCLA goes to the playoff then we probably go to the Cotton. Not sure what a win vs UCF in the Cotton does for us versus a win vs Ole Miss in the Citrus.

Looking like the SEC will have four for sure, UGA, Tenn, LSU, Bama. Maybe we slip into the Cotton (if TCU loses) against UCF which I don't really want to happen. If Oregon, U$C or UCLA goes to the playoff then we probably go to the Cotton. Not sure what a win vs UCF in the Cotton does for us versus a win vs Ole Miss in the Citrus.

For sure? That's nonsense, first of all LSU could easily lose to aTm - they almost lost to a bad Arkansas team today (LSU is not the 7th best team in the Country - not even close). Beyond that, I don't believe the Sugar Bowl is required to take the CCG loser (which is going to be LSU). If Tenn makes 4-Team Invitational, Sugar probably selects Bama as SEC rep. If Tenn doesn't make 4-Team Invitational, then Sugar would select Tenn as SEC rep. The Sugar is required to replace the SEC Champion with the next highest ranked SEC Team if the SEC Champion is selected for 4-Team Invitational. The next highest ranked team of SEC Teams not selected for 4-Team Invitational will be either Tenn or Bama, bot LSU.

Penix Jr throws a nice ball. A Big 12 shootout breaking out in Eugene. Oregon up 31-27, but Huskies are driving.

For sure? That's nonsense, first of all LSU could easily lose to aTm - they almost lost to a bad Arkansas team today (LSU is not the 7th best team in the Country - not even close). Beyond that, I don't believe the Sugar Bowl is required to take the CCG loser (which is going to be LSU). If Tenn makes 4-Team Invitational, Sugar probably selects Bama as SEC rep. If Tenn doesn't make 4-Team Invitational, then Sugar would select Tenn as SEC rep. The Sugar is required to replace the SEC Champion with the next highest ranked SEC Team if the SEC Champion is selected for 4-Team Invitational. The next highest ranked team of SEC Teams not selected for 4-Team Invitational will be either Tenn or Bama, bot LSU.
Ummm...A&M might not even beat a horrible Auburn team. Anything can happen but LSU is a big favorite in that game

Ummm...A&M might not even beat a horrible Auburn team. Anything can happen but LSU is a big favorite in that game

And again, they still won't go to the Sugar even if they win (which isn't a given as anyone who watched them today knows). The Sugar Bowl is obligated to take the highest ranked SEC team (using the Final CFP Rankings) that does not get selected for the CFP 4-Team Invitational Tournament. And that team will not be LSU, it will either be Tenn or Bama.

And again, they still won't go to the Sugar even if they win (which isn't a given as anyone who watched them today knows). The Sugar Bowl is obligated to take the highest ranked SEC team (using the Final CFP Rankings) that does not get selected for the CFP 4-Team Invitational Tournament. And that team will not be LSU, it will either be Tenn or Bama.
LSU can still finish ahead of Bama even with a loss to Georgia. See Palm's projections if you don't believe me. This isn't as complicated as you make it. You're just trying to make what you want to believe true

LSU can still finish ahead of Bama even with a loss to Georgia. See Palm's projections if you don't believe me. This isn't as complicated as you make it. You're just trying to make what you want to believe true

They aren't finishing ahead of either Tenn or Bama with 3 losses - just because you say they will doesn't make it so LMAO.

They aren't finishing ahead of either Tenn or Bama with 3 losses - just because you say they will doesn't make it so LMAO.
Palm knows more than you even if you think I don't. A loss to Georgia knocks them down 1 or 2 spots at most. And they beat Bama which won't be forgotten when ranking both of them even if LSU has an extra loss.

QBR of 37. 19-49, lots of yards but garbage yards. He sucked.

His mechanics right now suck
He was pathetic tonight and cost them the game but you're being overcritical of the OK-State game. Again, pathetic tonight, overrated but was good enough against OK State

Most overhyped QB in years. You'd think he's Drake Maye. Hell, he's got better stats than the Heisman frontrunners.
Ewers is lousy, no doubt about it. The Manning family saw this and recognized the clear path for Arch Manning to be the starter next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT