ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State baseball vs Michigan: GAME 2

republion

Mar 24, 2009
First inning, the umperines take a run off the board for Penn State with a bad ground rule double call that brings the scoring runner back to 3rd. They said the ball got wedged in the wall, but the Michigan defender picks it right off the ledge and plays it without interruption. 0-0 instead of 1-0.

Penn State up 3-2 in top of 8 and the relief pitcher comes in for the starter (who threw 100+ pitches in a beautiful outing) and walks the first 2 batters and then grooves an 0-2 fastball right down the pipe to give up a 3 run homer. 😞

• Sad
Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
Has you ever seen so many pitches 6 inches off the plate called strikes?

A good reason to avoid watching baseball........

Has you ever seen so many pitches 6 inches off the plate called strikes?

A good reason to avoid watching baseball........
As long as they are calling it both ways, I’ve got no problem with it. But feel free to miss out on an absolutely great Penn State run in the B1G tournament!

Reactions: hlstone
Between PSU's current run and the Phillies the last couple years I have become an interested baseball fan again.
As a Pirates, Orioles, Flyers, Steelers, and Skins fan, it has been decades of suffering. Now, back to flogging myself.

• Haha
Reactions: republion
As a Pirates, Orioles, Flyers, Steelers, and Skins fan, it has been decades of suffering. Now, back to flogging myself.
Exactly. As a Buccos fan, I'm hanging it all on the upstart Nittany Lion 9!

Game 2 today: Penn State is up 3-0 going into bottom of the 5th. A win puts them into the finals tomorrow.

Reactions: NedFromYork
End of 6, UM ties it up 3-3. Walks and batters hit by pitch will kill you. Ugh. 😑

Reactions: bdroc
PSU batter strikes out because he didn't step into the box on time.

Then the 3rd base coach sends a runner who had no chance.

Missed opportunity. 5-5

• Angry
Reactions: republion
CECERE with a two run blast in the top of the 10th to put us back in front! Three more outs to the big ten championship game boys….LETS GOOOOO!!!

Reactions: WaylonJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT