ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State DE Jamieal Lyons and LB Kavieon Keys no longer with program

Think Austin Scott allegedly
Rut roh.....that was a bad episode and likely contributed to Scott not even approaching his expected potential.

His ultimate "innocence" mattered little. The damage to all, including the purported victim, had been done.

These situations happen to 20 somethings from all walks of life. These young men will have regrets- but not on our roster.

So be it...

Reactions: FlyinLion1
Lyons looked really good as a freshman. What a shame and certainly a loss for the future at DE.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Stupid decisions can have catastrophic consequences. What a shame.
Sometimes it is easy to forget these guys are still kids- albeit very high profile ones. Off the top of my head we have had our share:

Booker "State Store" Moore
Anthony Scirrotto
Curtis Drake
Neil Wood
Michael Robinson (luckily rebounded)

But none bigger than Lavon Chisley.

There are plenty of others....

Comes with the age and relative celebrity. Bad decisions indeed.

Sometimes it is easy to forget these guys are still kids- albeit very high profile ones. Off the top of my head we have had our share:

Anthony Scirrotto
Curtis Drake
Neil Wood

Sometimes there's a Rashard Casey situation mixed in there with all of the other one's as well....

Last edited:

Anthony Scirrotto
Curtis Drake
Neil Wood

Todd Hodne is just behind Lavon Chisley; murder beats repeated violent rapes.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Wasn’t Bobby Engram arrested, kicked off the team and reinstated the next year?
Stole stereo equipment from in front of Beaver Hill Apartments during move in. Ricky Sayles was an older TE on the team who scored a big TD @ ND during the 92 Craig Fayak game. He was suspended and not reinstated.

I talked with and then communicated for awhile with him after we both attended a Youth Programs conference in Harrisburg. It appears he has found his calling and is doing good works.

Anyone recall why Ken Talley transferred out to Michigan State so fast his freshman year?

Time for Mupoyi to step up and be the next in line. He was rated higher than Lyons, so he obviously has the talent.

Reactions: PSU4U
Did Franklin address this at his conference? Is there any legitimate information as to why they were dismissed as opposed to speculation?

Not on the part I listened to nor read.

Perhaps behind the paywall, but nothing beyond the dismissal has been announced.

i have it on good authority (the morons on the sPiit board) that they either are serial killers or masterminded 9/11 - too funny what little brother over there post - very deranged and jealous bunch.

i have it on good authority (the morons on the sPiit board) that they either are serial killers or masterminded 9/11 - too funny what little brother over there post - very deranged and jealous bunch.
Yet you care about it and apparently waste time reading their board which makes one question who's the real moron.

Yet you care about it and apparently waste time reading their board which makes one question who's the real moron.
Easy - you are the real moron and always have been - does WVU still suck and have a crappy QB - don’t bother answering no one cares what you have to say.

Reactions: bison13
Easy - you are the real moron and always have been - does WVU still suck and have a crappy QB - don’t bother answering no one cares what you have to say.
Yes they do...and you care. See the countless replies.

Why do you care what Pitt fans think?
The fact you're on their board is as terrifying as anything they said.

Yes they do...and you care. See the countless replies.

Why do you care what Pitt fans think?
The fact you're on their board is as terrifying as anything they said.
I thought it was humorous just like all your
posts - laughing at you not with you.

Reactions: bison13
Did Franklin address this at his conference? Is there any legitimate information as to why they were dismissed as opposed to speculation?
He didn't really and I wouldn't expect anyone at PSU to make any public comments. If the rumors are true charges are likely coming and PSU and the football program aren't going to comment on pending criminal cases.

Reactions: bison13 and PSU4U
If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Watch the OU game
Watch his inability to complete most short to intermediate passes
All QBs have a highlight reel and coaches will generally overhype their own players. The only reason he gets any attention is Pat McAfee played at WVU. He's not in the top half of QBs in the Big XII and check out his completion percentage last year.
Facts are facts. If he was our QB he'd be run out of town.

He didn't really and I wouldn't expect anyone at PSU to make any public comments. If the rumors are true charges are likely coming and PSU and the football program aren't going to comment on pending criminal cases.
Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT