Rutgers

SOUTH
Temple
West Virginia
NC State
UVA
Maryland
VT

This was more or less, my generation. It would've been nice, back in the day. But playing PITT, Syracuse, UCONN, BC, Rutgers, WVA, Maryland, Temple, NC State and three OCC games just doesn't stoke me like it once did. So, I'm kinda glad we are in the B1G. I could care less about a Penn State/VT BIG EAST Championship Game, too. I would, however, like to see Army and Navy play Penn State every year and every 4 years or so, a home/home with the Air Force Academy.

The BIG East was something that SHOULD HAVE BEEN agreed upon in the 80's. It wasn't. And, that's that.

LINK

I'm sure the Panther P*ss Lair will twist this as a sign of cowardice . . . seems like pure economics.

Author of that story......what is HE smoking??

"It seems every Penn State and Pitt football fan is excited for the four-game rivalry series between the two programs"

Really?

Yeah SB....best move of her tenure!!

I don't know what point the author is trying to make. He assumes everyone is waiting for this rivalry except Sandy. Obviously not true. Then the headline says psu declines to play Pitt after 2019 but in the story says psu couldn't schedule Pitt between 2022-2025. So which is it- just not between 2022- 2025 or not at all after 2019? It seems the author is just upset they aren't playing every year.

Reactions: The_Unit
LINK

I'm sure the Panther P*ss Lair will twist this as a sign of cowardice . . . seems like pure economics.

Barber's stock just went up. We don't need to be getting locked into a long term deal with anyone right now with only 3 OOC games each year. Let Pitt have WVU. There's more mutual interest there in keeping that going anyway. If Pitt and PSU can work something out for a couple of games every decade, so be it. Otherwise, life goes on. It has since 1993

Reactions: bjf1984
I'm going to pay Sandy a compliment: she's clearly smarter than Joyner.

Coin toss as to who is more attractive...she or Joyner!
635587533702893325-AP-PINSTRIPE-BOWL-FOOTBALL-69334262.JPG
th

another pitt thread... imagine that.. I would think with the embarrasing schedule you have you would want to play any P5 team... rather than SDSU, ARMY, Buffalo, Temple, and in the near future.. Idaho! At least this way you can say dominate the state without actually having to do it.. At least they will play over the next four years and we will see who has bragging rights when its done..

Reactions: Fed Express
Yeah I'm sure anybody here knows anything about economics but that's not the point. I could care less and wasn't even gonna mention anything about this. But the people on here are exactly why I don't even want to play Penn State.
The filth you inbreds would bring to Pittsburgh may never go away. How bout you keep losing to teams on your creampuff schedule and stay far away.
You should be lucky you still have a team to watch on Saturdays. Just be happy with that, and let's go our separate ways.

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
Yeah I'm sure anybody here knows anything about economics but that's not the point. I could care less and wasn't even gonna mention anything about this. But the people on here are exactly why I don't even want to play Penn State.
The filth you inbreds would bring to Pittsburgh may never go away. How bout you keep losing to teams on your creampuff schedule and stay far away.
You should be lucky you still have a team to watch on Saturdays. Just be happy with that, and let's go our separate ways.

How much less could you care? We're dying to hear.

another pitt thread... imagine that.. I would think with the embarrasing schedule you have you would want to play any P5 team... rather than SDSU, ARMY, Buffalo, Temple, and in the near future.. Idaho! At least this way you can say dominate the state without actually having to do it.. At least they will play over the next four years and we will see who has bragging rights when its done..

Who the F does Pitt play in out of conference. The FCS team that almost beat you AGAIN, and got taken to OT by freaking no scholarship RMU. Temple is better than any team on your out of conference schedule. Why the F doesn't Pitt play WVU every year. You want it both ways... I am certainly glad PSU says to PItt F off after these 4 years..

How much less could you care? We're dying to hear.
Wow are you dumb. I just told you how much i don't care. I don't wan't to play Penn State because I don't want you people coming to Pittsburgh. If you think that's caring then fine, we can play Penn State too, just an easy win every year as long as Franklin is there.

2014 6 7
2013 7 6
2012 6 7
2011 6 7
2010 8 5
2009 10 3
2008 9 4
2007 5 7
2006 6 6
2005 5 6
2004 8 4
2003 8 5
2002 9 4
2001 7 5
2000 7 5
1999 5 6
1998 2 9
1997 6 6
1996 4 7
1995 2 9
1994 3 8
1993 3 8
1992 3 9
1991 6 5
1990 3 7 1

144 - 155 - 1

PITT IS IT!!!!!!

Pitts going to leave their schedule open in '26 and beyond, since I dont think PSU has any OOC dates past '25, Also conveniently '25 is when Pitts series with WVU ends.

2014 6 7
2013 7 6
2012 6 7
2011 6 7
2010 8 5
2009 10 3
2008 9 4
2007 5 7
2006 6 6
2005 5 6
2004 8 4
2003 8 5
2002 9 4
2001 7 5
2000 7 5
1999 5 6
1998 2 9
1997 6 6
1996 4 7
1995 2 9
1994 3 8
1993 3 8
1992 3 9
1991 6 5
1990 3 7 1

144 - 155 - 1

PITT IS IT!!!!!!
You are one strange dude. A Penn State fan, yet you know our record every year since 1990.

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
"You are one strange dude. A Penn State fan, yet you know our record every year since 1990".....says the SPitt fan.....on a PSU board.

The INTERWEBS.

Thank goodness for Al Gore!!

Wow are you dumb. I just told you how much i don't care. I don't wan't to play Penn State because I don't want you people coming to Pittsburgh. If you think that's caring then fine, we can play Penn State too, just an easy win every year as long as Franklin is there.

Sir, you said in your original post that you "could care less." I even highlighted it in blue to make it easy for everyone to see. You didn't say you "couldn't care less." Go back and read it.

Sir, you said in your original post that you "could care less." I even highlighted it in blue to make it easy for everyone to see. You didn't say you "couldn't care less." Go back and read it.
Well to be honest, can I just say I apologize then for going off on you. You actually seem like a reasonable individual, I just thought you were trying to say I was bitter about not playing Penn State. That is my mistake though. God Bless!

This is freakin' hilarious, because I'll be he still doesn't get it.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Well to be honest, can I just say I apologize then for going off on you. You actually seem like a reasonable individual, I just thought you were trying to say I was bitter about not playing Penn State. That is my mistake though. God Bless!

Why not come over here with this attitude, then, instead of spouting your baloney about not wanting Penn Staters to come to Pittsburgh out of some fear that we'll abuse your children? C'mon man, you don't honestly believe that. I know you don't. So why go there? Come over here and have a decent discussion and I promise you you'll be shocked that not all Penn Staters are the monsters you have built us up to be.

Holy crap. That went right over your head. Go figure

Reactions: simons96

LOL. And you wonder why your posts get deleted and you get banned.
But hey you can go back to the Liar and tell them how we were mean to you and you got banned for just having "pitt" in your handle.
Then the Cap, Dream, MBE and Crazy...can all "like" you.

Like many of you, I'm sure - I'm from Western PA with lots of Pitt friends and tons of PSU allies - I'm disappointed that the series was not extended. It's not a popular opinion in this thread but it's a disappointment to all my PSU alum buddies here on the western side of the state.

Reactions: Fed Express
Why not come over here with this attitude, then, instead of spouting your baloney about not wanting Penn Staters to come to Pittsburgh out of some fear that we'll abuse your children? C'mon man, you don't honestly believe that. I know you don't. So why go there? Come over here and have a decent discussion and I promise you you'll be shocked that not all Penn Staters are the monsters you have built us up to be.
To be honest, it was some of the original posts that I read that set me off. But no, I don't think you will abuse our children. I'm not saying that by any means.
There are just a lot of people who are totally unreasonable about anything. To each his own, I still would not want Penn State coming to Pittsburgh, but if we can discuss things in a civil way, I'm all for it.
You sir actually are probably one of the people on here who I would respect their opinion as it hasn't been total hate or anything like that.

2014 6 7
2013 7 6
2012 6 7
2011 6 7
2010 8 5
2009 10 3
2008 9 4
2007 5 7
2006 6 6
2005 5 6
2004 8 4
2003 8 5
2002 9 4
2001 7 5
2000 7 5
1999 5 6
1998 2 9
1997 6 6
1996 4 7
1995 2 9
1994 3 8
1993 3 8
1992 3 9
1991 6 5
1990 3 7 1

144 - 155 - 1

PITT IS IT!!!!!!

Numbers such as these mean nothing to the average Pitt fan. They measure themselves in Moral Victories, not actual wins. Kinda like counting "National" Championships awarded by a local newspaper in the 1920's...

2014 6 7
2013 7 6
2012 6 7
2011 6 7
2010 8 5
2009 10 3
2008 9 4
2007 5 7
2006 6 6
2005 5 6
2004 8 4
2003 8 5
2002 9 4
2001 7 5
2000 7 5
1999 5 6
1998 2 9
1997 6 6
1996 4 7
1995 2 9
1994 3 8
1993 3 8
1992 3 9
1991 6 5
1990 3 7 1

144 - 155 - 1

PITT IS IT!!!!!!

I'm no expert, for sure, but that doesn't look very good.

LOL. And you wonder why your posts get deleted and you get banned.
But hey you can go back to the Liar and tell them how we were mean to you and you got banned for just having "pitt" in your handle.
Then the Cap, Dream, MBE and Crazy...can all "like" you.
Haven't been banned and nobody has been mean to me yet. Actually just talked to a gentlemen in a very civil manner, but some of the opening posts over here are just so ridiculous.

To be honest, it was some of the original posts that I read that set me off. But no, I don't think you will abuse our children. I'm not saying that by any means.
There are just a lot of people who are totally unreasonable about anything. To each his own, I still would not want Penn State coming to Pittsburgh, but if we can discuss things in a civil way, I'm all for it.
You sir actually are probably one of the people on here who I would respect their opinion as it hasn't been total hate or anything like that.

Unfortunately, you didn't give yourself a chance to have a civil discussion when came in with guns-a-blazin. Next time, just don't pre-judge all of us and put us on the defensive. We have some jerks over here but we have lots of people who are more than capable of engaging in a legitimate back and forth with people who we disagree with.

Over the past couple years Pitt fans have been chomping at the bit to play a sanction riddled PSU & the difference between PSU & Pitt recently is that PSU stinks and we know it. Pitt stinks & they don't know it.

All right, fess up. Which one of you didn't pay this guy for the pizza?

2014 6 7
2013 7 6
2012 6 7
2011 6 7
2010 8 5
2009 10 3
2008 9 4
2007 5 7
2006 6 6
2005 5 6
2004 8 4
2003 8 5
2002 9 4
2001 7 5
2000 7 5
1999 5 6
1998 2 9
1997 6 6
1996 4 7
1995 2 9
1994 3 8
1993 3 8
1992 3 9
1991 6 5
1990 3 7 1

144 - 155 - 1

PITT IS IT!!!!!!

I like how one of the Pitt nerds acts like it takes a lot of time to go to Wikipedia and copy and past records..... but hey 1983 is right around the corner for Pitt fans....it's just a matter of time before Pitt becomes a national power again like they were for 6 out of the past 65 years. It's Steve Pederson's fault. It's Dave Wannstadt's fault. It's Paul Chryt's fault. It's Mike Gottfried's fault.....OR Maybe Pitt just sucks!

Reactions: bplionfan
Unfortunately, you didn't give yourself a chance to have a civil discussion when came in with guns-a-blazin. Next time, just don't pre-judge all of us and put us on the defensive. We have some jerks over here but we have lots of people who are more than capable of engaging in a legitimate back and forth with people who we disagree with.
You'll have that everywhere. I did come in guns-a-blazin, but only after reading several threads that were just absurd. Glad that me and you could come to an understanding though. I have many Penn State friends and we argue a lot. But at the end of the day, it's just college sports. Nobody on either side should take it as seriously as we all probably do.

Who the F does Pitt play in out of conference. The FCS team that almost beat you AGAIN, and got taken to OT by freaking no scholarship RMU. Temple is better than any team on your out of conference schedule. Why the F doesn't Pitt play WVU every year. You want it both ways... I am certainly glad PSU says to PItt F off after these 4 years..
Do you think Temple is better than Iowa? And, if you consider ND an independent, is Temple better than ND? Pitt has a reasonable OOC schedule, following up with Penn St, Ok St, and Marshall next year. How does that compare to PSU's OOC? If I was a PSU fan, I would be embarrassed to have that schedule with the national reputation their program has had. I said before the season that PSU would win 10 with that schedule and the talent they've recruited. I didn't consider the possibility of losing to Temple, but they still should win at least 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT