ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State to Pitt: 4 years and we're out

To be honest, it was some of the original posts that I read that set me off. But no, I don't think you will abuse our children. I'm not saying that by any means.

Here is another piece of advice for you. When talking Penn State football, once you pull the Sandusky card in any way, you lose the argument. That signals that you have no retort and you have to refer to something completely unrelated to the topic of football.

5b is just not a big time school. We have enough Buffalo's and Army's and Idaho's on the schedule. Enough of the mid-level MAC caliber schools. The fans and ticket holders want powerhouses. To be the best you have to beat the best. Beating Pitt is the equivalent of beating Buffalo. I think when we open with a Temple or Akron or Pitt then we play down to that level. Yet, we play Ohio State and we are in double OT....even the coaches and players have a tough time getting up for a lesser team like 5b. Enough with the mediocrity. I know we had to schedule lesser teams when the sanctions hit, but going forward, no more Pitt-esque teams. Let's play some real football.

Here is another piece of advice for you. When talking Penn State football, once you pull the Sandusky card in any way, you lose the argument. That signals that you have no retort and you have to refer to something completely unrelated to the topic of football.
I never pulled the Sandusky card once. But if you wanna get into it, quite the opposite. I won't speak for everyone on here, but the way most of you talk about it is exactly why people think most of you are lunatics. I don't want to get into that though, because at this point in time you're right - unrelated to what's going on with our football teams today.

Do you think Temple is better than Iowa? And, if you consider ND an independent, is Temple better than ND? Pitt has a reasonable OOC schedule, following up with Penn St, Ok St, and Marshall next year. How does that compare to PSU's OOC? If I was a PSU fan, I would be embarrassed to have that schedule with the national reputation their program has had. I said before the season that PSU would win 10 with that schedule and the talent they've recruited. I didn't consider the possibility of losing to Temple, but they still should win at least 8.

If you've been reading our board (and I'm guessing you have) you probably realize that 90% of us don't like our OOC schedule either.
Find the Idaho game thread and read it.
Its kind of like family, we can say things about ourselves but no one else better. Also it doesn't help that the poster came over and started talking trash because he didn't like what we were saying on OUR board.
As for the this year and right now yea I think Temple might be better than Iowa.
You are also correct that your OOC schedule is stronger but our Conf. schedule is much tougher.

Yep. Pretty much impossible to come back from that in the same visit. He should try again in a week or so and hope people have forgotten about his posts here.

Do you think Temple is better than Iowa? And, if you consider ND an independent, is Temple better than ND? Pitt has a reasonable OOC schedule, following up with Penn St, Ok St, and Marshall next year. How does that compare to PSU's OOC? If I was a PSU fan, I would be embarrassed to have that schedule with the national reputation their program has had. I said before the season that PSU would win 10 with that schedule and the talent they've recruited. I didn't consider the possibility of losing to Temple, but they still should win at least 8.

First off, at least PSU has to play the best teams within their own conference which is something more than what Pitt can say. 2015 is another year w/o FSU and Clemson being on Pitt's schedule. PSU has 3 OOC games per season moving forward, Pitt has 4 per season so it is easier for them to put together what appears to be a decent OOC schedule. Still, not having FSU and Clemson on your overall schedule most seasons will hurt.

Reactions: simons96
If you've been reading our board (and I'm guessing you have) you probably realize that 90% of us don't like our OOC schedule either.
Find the Idaho game thread and read it.
Its kind of like family, we can say things about ourselves but no one else better. Also it doesn't help that the poster came over and started talking trash because he didn't like what we were saying on OUR board.
As for the this year and right now yea I think Temple might be better than Iowa.
You are also correct that your OOC schedule is stronger but our Conf. schedule is much tougher.

Your reply is reasonable, but the B1G is top-heavy. OSU, and MSU are definitely top teams, Mich and NW are decent, but Illinois, Ind, Rut, and MD, are average at best. Yes, Pitt escaped FSU (although played them as first ACC game), and Clem, but VT and GaTech are good, and Mia, Duke, and NC are at least better than average. Overall, the conference scheds are comparable. But, as PSU and B1G fans, I understand your perception.

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
Your reply is reasonable, but the B1G is top-heavy. OSU, and MSU are definitely top teams, Mich and NW are decent, but Illinois, Ind, Rut, and MD, are average at best. Yes, Pitt escaped FSU (although played them as first ACC game), and Clem, but VT and GaTech are good, and Mia, Duke, and NC are at least better than average. Overall, the conference scheds are comparable. But, as PSU and B1G fans, I understand your perception.

Pitts biggest win in the history of their program is 12..0..againt PSU worst team..

I never pulled the Sandusky card once. But if you wanna get into it, quite the opposite. I won't speak for everyone on here, but the way most of you talk about it is exactly why people think most of you are lunatics. I don't want to get into that though, because at this point in time you're right - unrelated to what's going on with our football teams today.

I'll help you.
Here is where you lose and why you should be banned. How long do you think I would last if I posted this on your site?

The filth you inbreds would bring to Pittsburgh may never go away.

GT we're on the same team here but to everyone else on the board he's actually being more reasonable than he should lol. I'll tell it j
Pitts biggest win in the history of their program is 12..0..againt PSU worst team..
You really think PSU is some huge national power or something? The only reason anyone talks about that game is because it was the last time we played. It's probably not even in the top 10 Pitt victories of all time.

I'll help you.
Here is where you lose and why you should be banned. How long do you think I would last if I posted this on your site?
I have no clue I'm not the moderator of the site, but how does that make me lose? Feel free to ban me though, I just thought a lot of stuff on this board was so ridiculous and dumb that I responded. Being I'm not a Penn State fan though, you're right there's no reason for me to be here so if you wanna ban me go for it.

I have no clue I'm not the moderator of the site, but how does that make me lose? Feel free to ban me though, I just thought a lot of stuff on this board was so ridiculous and dumb that I responded. Being I'm not a Penn State fan though, you're right there's no reason for me to be here so if you wanna ban me go for it.

Maybe you could tell us "God bless." It seems like you're so sincere in your beliefs and actions.

I'd like Pitt on our schedule if Pitt were actually a decent power. But there's no need for us to play home and homes against lower tier teams that generate no national attention. Just a loss of $ to do that.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Maybe you could tell us "God bless." It seems like you're so sincere in your beliefs and actions.
What you worship Satan or something? I had a discussion with someone on here, admitted he was right, and was just wishing him the best of luck in life. If that's funny to you, you are one ****ed up individual.

Pitt made themselves irrelevant to Penn State when they rejected the all-sports conference. End of Story.

Reactions: 91Joe95
What you worship Satan or something? I had a discussion with someone on here, admitted he was right, and was just wishing him the best of luck in life. If that's funny to you, you are one ****ed up individual.

No, its the rest of your posts when compared to that sentiment that don't add up. One of these things is not like the other.

another pitt thread... imagine that.. I would think with the embarrasing schedule you have you would want to play any P5 team... rather than SDSU, ARMY, Buffalo, Temple, and in the near future.. Idaho! At least this way you can say dominate the state without actually having to do it.. At least they will play over the next four years and we will see who has bragging rights when its done..

It is a thread about Penn State's schedule.

No, its the rest of your posts when compared to that sentiment that don't add up. One of these things is not like the other.
Because most of you on here are unreasonable. I'll give credit where credit is due, I thought the guy was respectable with reasonable opinions.

Yeah I'm sure anybody here knows anything about economics but that's not the point. I could care less and wasn't even gonna mention anything about this. But the people on here are exactly why I don't even want to play Penn State.
The filth you inbreds would bring to Pittsburgh may never go away. How bout you keep losing to teams on your creampuff schedule and stay far away.
You should be lucky you still have a team to watch on Saturdays. Just be happy with that, and let's go our separate ways.

And yet you've spent days here....... If you hate it so much then go away and don't come here. The illogical putt fans. More concerned with hating PSU than in supporting Pitt. The YONZERS
Why not come over here with this attitude, then, instead of spouting your baloney about not wanting Penn Staters to come to Pittsburgh out of some fear that we'll abuse your children? C'mon man, you don't honestly believe that. I know you don't. So why go there? Come over here and have a decent discussion and I promise you you'll be shocked that not all Penn Staters are the monsters you have built us up to be.

He's much more comfortable believing Penn State fans are filthy monsters- the yinzer mentality. It's society today- easier to believe your 'enemy' (different fan base, different political party, etc) are nutjob crazies rather than respectfully disagree.

Because most of you on here are unreasonable. I'll give credit where credit is due, I thought the guy was respectable with reasonable opinions.

You need help. Do you really think God would approve of your actions?

What I know to be nearly certain is that Temple is better this year than they were on the numerous occasions when they have beaten Pitt over the last 3 to 4 decades.

And yet you've spent days here....... If you hate it so much then go away and don't come here. The illogical putt fans. More concerned with hating PSU than in supporting Pitt. The YONZERS

He's much more comfortable believing Penn State fans are filthy monsters- the yinzer mentality. It's society today- easier to believe your 'enemy' (different fan base, different political party, etc) are nutjob crazies rather than respectfully disagree.
I wish it wasn't that way but the way a lot of Penn State fans act just shows it. I have many Penn State friends and try to disagree with them, but they really do go batshit crazy. They're still my friends so we get over it, but when people you don't even know do and say the things some of (not all of you) do then yes we are both going to think the other is crazy.

Who the F does Pitt play in out of conference. The FCS team that almost beat you AGAIN, and got taken to OT by freaking no scholarship RMU. Temple is better than any team on your out of conference schedule. Why the F doesn't Pitt play WVU every year. You want it both ways... I am certainly glad PSU says to PItt F off after these 4 years..
Classy reply...anger management classes are available.. discuss with your social worker..
It is a thread about Penn State's schedule.
my bad i though pitt was in the title of the thread..guess not

Reactions: Pittx9
How did I know that was coming from someone over here. Yeah Temple is far superior to Notre Dame or Iowa, gotcha.

Over the past couple years Pitt fans have been chomping at the bit to play a sanction riddled PSU & the difference between PSU & Pitt recently is that PSU stinks and we know it. Pitt stinks & they don't know it.

Does that mean that Pitt is Monty and Penn State is Patton??

Classy reply...anger management classes are available.. discuss with your social worker..

my bad i though pitt was in the title of the thread..guess not

Next time try reading for context. Its a whole new branch of education.

another pitt thread... imagine that.. I would think with the embarrasing schedule you have you would want to play any P5 team... rather than SDSU, ARMY, Buffalo, Temple, and in the near future.. Idaho! At least this way you can say dominate the state without actually having to do it.. At least they will play over the next four years and we will see who has bragging rights when its done..

Yes, our future schedules are pretty weak, but that's in large part because we're stuck with four games against pitt. Adding more of what is making it weak isn't going to make it better. I don't mind playing pitt every on e and a while, but for SOS sake, we can't afford to keep re-upping the series with them.

Coin toss as to who is more attractive...she or Joyner!
635587533702893325-AP-PINSTRIPE-BOWL-FOOTBALL-69334262.JPG
th

Reactions: simons96
I'm not sure why this is really news. The author of the article didn't seem to know that it wasn't likely that psu would schedule Pitt during those years with wvu and vt already on the books, especially with going to 9 conf. games.

Maybe after those series more games between Pitt and psu can be played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT