ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Penn State's Terrell Barraclough Enters Transfer Portal

Throwing a guess but I think he'll land in the desert ...
Protect Timothee Chalamet GIF by Dune Movie

Congrats Terrell (aka Bearclaw) ... You've been a fan-favorite at PSU and I'll be excited to see you in Philadelphia!
Agreed. He's been a wonderful young man and a great teammate while at PSU. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the podium. I'll root for him against anyone but the PSU opponent at the weight he chooses. I'll be conflicted in that match. With luck, they will be on opposite sides of the bracket and can wrestle for the Championship.

157 or 165? I expect him to be a top 15 guy at either, if not better.
Only two losses last year. One to loss (5-8) to NCAA runner-up at 165 (Mesenbrink) and another 1-2 loss to 3rd placer at 174 (Griffith) - weighing in under 165 while wrestling 174 .... I'm guessing he'll easily finish much higher than #15 at either of those weight classes.

Reactions: hlstone
157 or 165? I expect him to be a top 15 guy at either, if not better.
Frankly whichever one he wants. The rest of their 157/165s had a losing record both last year and career -- except for a 2024 shirting true freahman who went 4-3 on the Opens circuit.

I expect he'll make B12 finals, and make the NCAA podium. Probably at 165.

Reactions: js8793
Only two losses last year. One to loss (5-8) to NCAA runner-up at 165 (Mesenbrink) and another 1-2 loss to 3rd placer at 174 (Griffith) - weighing in under 165 while wrestling 174 .... I'm guessing he'll easily finish much higher than #15 at either of those weight classes.
If TB makes all American, it’s proof Carl cannot coach. - Grip, probably

TB has always wrestled the top guys tough, but victories over top-15 guys have been rare.

On paper, his best win was over Caleb Fish, ranked in the mid-teens and fell short of the round of 12 last year.

You make good points, though. I'll be pulling for him to reach AA.

Reactions: PSUbluTX and js8793
Close losses don't translate to wins. Top 15 is more of a floor estimate. My guess is he'll be a fringe AA at either weight. Very good wrestler. Glad he's getting his shot.

Wishing our own Bear all the best at Utah Valley. For me, that even includes a blood round win over a Lion to get AA. Yes, I said that and own it. No, I’m not (at least, not yet) to the point of wanting that result topside, but I’d gladly trade another team scoring record for Terrell making AA. Just a sucker for Rudy/Rocky-type underdogs, regardless of singlet or sport (journeyman Foles over GOAT Brady in SB one of my favorites).

Wishing our own Bear all the best at Utah Valley. For me, that even includes a blood round win over a Lion to get AA. Yes, I said that and own it. No, I’m not (at least, not yet) to the point of wanting that result topside, but I’d gladly trade another team scoring record for Terrell making AA. Just a sucker for Rudy/Rocky-type underdogs, regardless of singlet or sport (journeyman Foles over GOAT Brady in SB one of my favorites).

Is your real name Nicholas Sparks? 🤣

Is your real name Nicholas Sparks? 🤣
Guessing one of his books features an overwhelming U-dog? Funny you mentioned a novelist. Came close to being one once (in my youth, ha), but the agent I chose couldn’t secure a sale. That’s on me, not her, but I digress.
Just thrilled for Terrell’s shot in the spotlight. Absolutely all in on @District four 's prediction above.

Guessing one of his books features an overwhelming U-dog? Funny you mentioned a novelist. Came close to being one once (in my youth, ha), but the agent I chose couldn’t secure a sale. That’s on me, not her, but I digress.
Just thrilled for Terrell’s shot in the spotlight. Absolutely all in on @District four 's prediction above.
They usually just have sappy endings. The boy is mostly going for a girl that is out of his league.

Reactions: HikeNatParks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT