ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Yep, they outgained Miami 322-208...they can’t figure out how they lost.

The other team scored more points. Perhaps next time Pitt should try to score more points. :confused:

Instead, once again, Pitt fans are discussing their moral victory. In this respect, Pitt fans resemble Michigan fans.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Pitt can still win The Coastal....LOL the worst division in p5 football.
Yeah winning the Coastal means a lot. Recruits may be asking, "how did you win the coastal when you finished the season with an overall 7-7 record"? Bragging about the Coastal title is like PSU bragging about beating Rutgers.

Yeah winning the Coastal means a lot. Recruits may be asking, "how did you win the coastal when you finished the season with an overall 7-7 record"? Bragging about the Coastal title is like PSU bragging about beating Rutgers.
I'm ashamed to admit that I hope they do win it so I get to watch Clemson eviscerate them on prime time TV.

"....best win of the year is a squeak by at home against Pitt a future 24-25th ranked team"

Certainly have a high opinion of themselves, don't they?

"....best win of the year is a squeak by at home against Pitt a future 24-25th ranked team"

They also think the Big 10 is the worst conference in college football...must be all their success over Big 10 teams that lead them to this belief.

At this point, there are almost too many odd and unusual trending posts on the Lair to list here. They are literally all over the place. It would be like herding cats.

Question for the Pittiots to consider: If Dantonio does hang it up at the end of the season will MSU come looking for Narduzzi given all his successes real and perceived. not to mention the keychains, won’t someone please talk about the keychains?

Question for the Pittiots to consider: If Dantonio does hang it up at the end of the season will MSU come looking for Narduzzi given all his successes real and perceived. not to mention the keychains, won’t someone please talk about the keychains?

Maybe as window dressing for the search process. I can’t imagine he would be a viable candidate for the job. He is a horrible recruiter and can barely pronounce his own name.

Maybe as window dressing for the search process. I can’t imagine he would be a viable candidate for the job. He is a horrible recruiter and can barely pronounce his own name.

Yes, but he makes up for it with his barely over 0.500 record and by acting like a lunatic on the sidelines.

Yes, but he makes up for it with his barely over 0.500 record and by acting like a lunatic on the sidelines.
I would love it if the Duzz got the MSU job. With his recruiting acumen and bone headed game day coaching that would guarantee us one extra win a year. The down side of course being that the ugly land grant monstrosity would be a permanent eyesore in our trophy case.

I do not understand the Pitt program. They had a chance to become respectable under Harris and Wanny. Actually Harris kind of did make them respectable.

But they always felt the need to move on and they kept finding worse and worse options.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
I would love it if the Duzz got the MSU job. With his recruiting acumen and bone headed game day coaching that would guarantee us one extra win a year. The down side of course being that the ugly land grant monstrosity would be a permanent eyesore in our trophy case.
If they move on from the MD system, I wonder why they would turn to one of his "disciples?"

Reactions: TheGLOV
No need to make keychains with the trophy to play for.

Reactions: marshall23

Holy crap...just read the entire thread. If not for the one sane poster, that would be the most delusional thread in college football message board history. Credit to their QB. He had the best game of his career against us. Without that and the bogus kick catch interference penalty (which they duplicated without a flag this week) that game looks a lot different.

One of the Pittiots wrote that Coastal teams have a lot of losses because they beat up on each other. He opined that UNC and Miami are better than Michigan. He also insinuated that the Coastal is stronger than the B1G East.

One of the Pittiots wrote that Coastal teams have a lot of losses because they beat up on each other. He opined that UNC and Miami are better than Michigan. He also insinuated that the Coastal is stronger than the B1G East.

There's absolutely no value AT ALL engaging with or even listening to such people.

When you're making arguments THAT devoid of any objective reality, you've wandered into a realm where critical thinking abilities can only suffer as a result.

I actually pity such people. When their sports fandom has gotten to the point that it's prompting them to make arguments devoid of any human reasoning, you have to wonder whether it's worth it. Or, alternatively, it's possible that these people are as dumb as bricks anyway, and their Pitt arguments are merely a reflection of that. Whatever the case, these people are the intellectual equivalents of the ACC Coastal in which they defend: shallow and shockingly lacking in any real talent.

There's absolutely no value AT ALL engaging with or even listening to such people.

When you're making arguments THAT devoid of any objective reality, you've wandered into a realm where critical thinking abilities can only suffer as a result.

I actually pity such people. When their sports fandom has gotten to the point that it's prompting them to make arguments devoid of any human reasoning, you have to wonder whether it's worth it. Or, alternatively, it's possible that these people are as dumb as bricks anyway, and their Pitt arguments are merely a reflection of that. Whatever the case, these people are the intellectual equivalents of the ACC Coastal in which they defend: shallow and shockingly lacking in any real talent.
I'm beginning to think a lot of posters there are trolls.

I'm beginning to think a lot of posters there are trolls.

It's mighty quiet today after Pitt's loss to Miami yesterday. The news reports were very critical of Pitt and since we won comfortably, there was little mention of our game. I absolutely love it when we win and Pitt loses because all I need to do is sit back and enjoy the silence. There were many reports this past week about how Pitt controls their own destiny and how they might play us in a rematch bowl game. I highly doubt that now.

Reactions: PSUfiji and JWB389
It's mighty quiet today after Pitt's loss to Miami yesterday. The news reports were very critical of Pitt and since we won comfortably, there was little mention of our game. I absolutely love it when we win and Pitt loses because all I need to do is sit back and enjoy the silence. There were many reports this past week about how Pitt controls their own destiny and how they might play us in a rematch bowl game. I highly doubt that now.
Don’t worry, after a win next week over mighty GA Tech, the Pitt team will once again be world beaters ready to match up against Bama and Clemson...after all, they’re our best win all year.

Reactions: TheGLOV
You have to wonder if they seriously believe everything they type. I mean seriously comparing the ACC coastal to the Big 10 east. You put any team from the Coastal inside the Big 10 east and they are 5th or worse. Seriously, Indiana would probably win that conference. I would love to see Pitt replace Rutgers, so reality would smack them in the face. They are Purdue, Indiana, Illinois. The only reason they have won slightly more is Big East and ACC coastal

Reactions: PSU621
You have to wonder if they seriously believe everything they type. I mean seriously comparing the ACC coastal to the Big 10 east. You put any team from the Coastal inside the Big 10 east and they are 5th or worse. Seriously, Indiana would probably win that conference. I would love to see Pitt replace Rutgers, so reality would smack them in the face. They are Purdue, Indiana, Illinois. The only reason they have won slightly more is Big East and ACC coastal
Now RU and MD would be at the bottom of a combined league. Um....except MD throttled a Syracuse team Pitt struggled to beat 2 weeks ago.

For our Lair viewers and readers.... Here is an update from the Sagarin Computer Ranking of conferences/divisions.

The ACC Atlantic is 9th while the Coastal is 10th. Both are behind the AAC which is 8th. It seems the computer is biased!!!

CONFERENCE CENTRAL MEAN SIMPLE AVERAGE TEAMS WIN50%

1 SEC-WEST (A) = 83.46 83.12 ( 1) 7 83.39 ( 1)
2 BIG TEN-E (A) = 81.82 81.30 ( 2) 7 81.97 ( 2)
3 BIG 12 (A) = 80.23 79.80 ( 3) 10 79.95 ( 3)
4 PAC-12-N (A) = 77.17 77.60 ( 4) 6 77.38 ( 4)
5 SEC-EAST (A) = 76.52 76.88 ( 5) 7 76.68 ( 5)
6 BIG TEN-W (A) = 75.36 76.38 ( 6) 7 75.94 ( 6)
7 PAC-12-S (A) = 75.03 75.64 ( 7) 6 75.40 ( 7)
8 AAC WEST (A) = 73.55 73.09 ( 9) 6 73.18 ( 9)
9 ACC-ATL (A) = 73.13 74.93 ( 8) 7 73.63 ( 8)
10 ACC-COA (A) = 72.23 71.58 ( 10) 7 71.71 ( 10)

I do not understand the Pitt program. They had a chance to become respectable under Harris and Wanny. Actually Harris kind of did make them respectable.

But they always felt the need to move on and they kept finding worse and worse options.
Sound like a woman I used to know.

For a second I thought you were saying that the pitter brain childs were the intellectual equivalents of AOC.... Which would also have been correct!!

;)

They lost a defensive line recruit today. Really bad situation behind it. Quite sad actually.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT