ADVERTISEMENT

Potential 2018-2019 lineup....

cpn1sgm

Aug 19, 2007
If Spencer Lee commits to Penn State, look at the potential lineup for the 2018-19 season:

125 - Spencer Lee - sophomore or redshirt freshman

133 - Suriano - Junior or redshirt Sophomore

141 - Cortez - 5th year senior

149 - Nick Lee - redshirt freshman

157 - Nolf - 5th year senior

165 - Joeseph - redshirt junior

174 - Hall - redshirt freshman

184 - Nickle - 5th year senior

197 - Rasheed- 5th year senior

Hey - Nevills - 5th year senior

Great line up. Following year will be a major challenge replacing half the lineup.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
We, myself included, get a little carried away plotting out future lineups, and they do look good.

Suffice it to say that the program is in pretty good shape when we're a bit concerned about the 2019-20 season and how we'll replace some major talent.

Reactions: T J
If Spencer Lee commits to Penn State, look at the potential lineup for the 2018-19 season:

Great line up. Following year will be a major challenge replacing half the lineup.

Even though it is far out, we know Joe Lee will follow his brother as will AJ Nevills and probably Seth Nevills as well. So it may be far out, but we aren't lacking for good recruits.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Hall would not be a redshirt freshman in 2018-19...I don't think he meets the qualifications for an Olympic redshirt unless I'm mistaken. 2016-17 would be his redshirt year and then 2017-18 would be his redshirt freshman year, no?

Even though it is far out, we know Joe Lee will follow his brother as will AJ Nevills and probably Seth Nevills as well. So it may be far out, but we aren't lacking for good recruits.
Love to get Edmond Ruuuuuth since we are looking out.....

Reactions: jtothemfp

I would love to see Rasheed at 184 next year. He is taller and longer than Bo right now !!!! It would just make our line up stronger ! When Rasheed is not sucking a bunch of weight he is very very good....He needs to be pounding the weights right now. He already weighs 180 now.

What happened to Cessar (sure that that is not the correct spelling). You know they guy that won junior worlds. He was suppose to take over 97 when Morgan left. He is not on the roster. Wasn't he a possible HWT this year?

What happened to Cessar (sure that that is not the correct spelling). You know they guy that won junior worlds. He was suppose to take over 97 when Morgan left. He is not on the roster. Wasn't he a possible HWT this year?

Please scroll and find at least 5 threads where this has been addressed.

Thanks!

The last I had heard was when Cael made a comment about getting back in classes. I was under the impression he had not returned because he wasn't on the roster

I was just wonder if anyone had heard if he had returned or if he was returning later

Thanks!

The last I had heard was when Cael made a comment about getting back in classes. I was under the impression he had not returned because he wasn't on the roster

I was just wonder if anyone had heard if he had returned or if he was returning later

In one of his interviews Bo Nickal mentioned that Cassar was his roommate.

Sure hope you're right, that would be an awesome lineup. Any concern with Manville at 149 in 2 years, if he's at 152 now?

I don't think Mason will grow much more, but I can tell you that it's not easy for him to make 152lbs. He puts a lot of extra time in to keep his weight down there. I think he'd be more comfortable at 157lbs, but he can probably get to 149lbs, which is where PSU needs him after Zain graduates.

Suriano, Cortez, Manville, Nolf, Chenzo, Hall, Nickal, Rasheed/McCutch, Cassar, Nevills is the future line-up.

*I'm not adding any names to that line-up until they are committed, which is why a certain 125lb name is missing from that line-up.

Suriano, Cortez, Manville, Nolf, Chenzo, Hall, Nickal, Rasheed/McCutch, Cassar, Nevills is the future line-up.

*I'm not adding any names to that line-up until they are committed, which is why a certain 125lb name is missing from that line-up.

I think you jammed an extra name into the upperweights there. If you pencil Manville at 149 and Cassar at 197 & Nevills at 285, you've only got 4 weights (157 165 174 184) to seat Nolf, Cenzo, Hall, Nickal & either Rasheed/Cutch.

Even if you're intentionally leaving 125 empty.

Very well played.

Thanks for the insight on Manville and his weight.

I think you jammed an extra name into the upperweights there. If you pencil Manville at 149 and Cassar at 197 & Nevills at 285, you've only got 4 weights (157 165 174 184) to seat Nolf, Cenzo, Hall, Nickal & either Rasheed/Cutch.

Even if you're intentionally leaving 125 empty.

jtothemfp, you are correct. Good catch. That's what happens when you have our problem. I meant to remove McCutch due to graduation.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Any insight into Cael's recruiting goals for next years class, besides the Lee brothers and possibly S. Lee? Possibly bring someone in to complete for 195? Has Chase Singletary committed?

Any insight into Cael's recruiting goals for next years class, besides the Lee brothers and possibly S. Lee? Possibly bring someone in to complete for 195? Has Chase Singletary committed?

Ja1339, Joe Lee is actually a sophomore right now, so he's part of the 2018 class. I watched him beat Sammy Sasso 10-2 at the McDonogh Duals, when both were in 8th grade. Joe is the real deal.

As far as 2017 is concerned, there is not an immediate need for a 197lber in next year's class. Potential starters McCutcheon and Cassar will be Jr and Soph eligibility, and they just got a commitment from AJ Nevills in the 2016 Class. PSU will be looking to the 2018 Class at the earliest to fulfill the 197lb weight class. I see PSU going after Spencer Lee, some other lower weights to compete at 133/141lbers and a HWT in the 2017 Class. I expect only 1 big name in the 2017 Class, unless a HWT surprise name comes to fruition (Kevin Vough from Ohio?). I don't see that happening though, because Seth Nevills is a target in the 2018 Class to replace his brother. I am assuming Gable Stevenson (2018 from Apple Valley (same HS as Mark Hall)) and Cohlton Schultz (2019) are also on their radar for HWT too.

PSU's power over the youth kids right now is crippling to the rest of the country and the other coaches know it. Two weekends ago, I spoke with two of my former Foxcatcher/Renegades teammates, who now coach at prominent D-1 programs, and they both are frustrated of hearing from kids wanting to go to PSU. It's making their jobs harder and harder. One of these programs is Top 10 in the country too.

My guess: after Spencer Lee and Nick Lee, Cael will look at depth candidates (esp. at HWT) and hoard his cash.

2017 is a good class, but 2018 is loaded to the gills with Joe Lee, Teasdale, Nevills, Steveson, Beard, Sasso, Carr, Griffith, Murin, Courtney, Hidlay ...

Manville said in a recent interview that his international wrestling weight will be 145.5. So if he OTC one year and redshirts the next, hopefully he could be 149 for his redshirt freshman year after Zain graduates, and then take over 157 for Nolf his Sophomore year.

I don't think Mason will grow much more, but I can tell you that it's not easy for him to make 152lbs. He puts a lot of extra time in to keep his weight down there. I think he'd be more comfortable at 157lbs, but he can probably get to 149lbs, which is where PSU needs him after Zain graduates.

Reactions: PO60 and Ja1339
My guess: after Spencer Lee and Nick Lee, Cael will look at depth candidates (esp. at HWT) and hoard his cash.

2017 is a good class, but 2018 is loaded to the gills with Joe Lee, Teasdale, Nevills, Steveson, Beard, Sasso, Carr, Griffith, Murin, Courtney, Hidlay ...

Courtney and Murin are 2017, but agree that 2018 is loaded.

There was an article recently in the Altoona Mirror about Murin. Said after his regional finals win over Gabriel, he went into the auxiliary gym and did suicide sprints. Reporter wondered what he do if he would have lost. Also said that part of his regimen is putting on catchers gear and having friends shoot a potato gun at him to make him tougher. Got a kick out of the article and thought I'd share.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT